When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's probably a way to figure this out for people who are good at math.

I asked a Mole how many Belissaria homes there were -- and she said she was surprised, she didn't know the answer.

So first I did a rough count of the squares across and down and said "444 sims," like a gross. And there are X homes per sim, depending on the size, you could count them. But of course that wasn't accurate. It was laggy and hard to pull up the map so I TP'd away, counted the squares better, then I got 22 x 17, with a lot of those squares unfilled. I then counted about 300 avatars (green dots). That's a lot for a long weekend, in the States, anyway, where people are at family barbecues. But maybe not, if they just managed to grab a rare Belli home.

So, if there are 5,000 Mainland sims, this is 10% of them. Maybe the Lindens will be able to lay on another 300-500 sims but at this rare they could have A LOT of unsatisfied demand.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Iki Kimono said:

Just picked up a houseboat in Porthole. I'd actually forgotten my auto refresh was still running! 

Nice!  People are going to be surprised as no one was expecting any new releases today.  Congrats though glad you got one.

• Like 7

Just an observation...   I abandoned my houseboat at 12:45pm SLT, announced it here and in  the BS groups, then waited for somebody to claim it.  It was not seen by those trying to acquire a Linden home for over an hour and a half.  (based on group chat)   It appears that when Porthole was released, my abandon was included in the selection process, and was taken.  :-) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You said that with so much certainty... 

And you make a good point that it is never good to be certain of when releases will or will not happen.  It's not written in stone and Patch seems to like to change it up as others have stated.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

And you make a good point that it is never good to be certain of when releases will or will not happen.  It's not written in stone and Patch seems to like to change it up as others have stated.

Though Patch did, somewhere along the lines, specifically say that there would not be any of these mini/region releases on weekends or holiday - because of the many different groups of folks that needed to be involved in those releases.  

It is one thing to ask a bunch of employees to work a weekend so that you can do a major release of something new - if they ever even considered such - but highly unlikely anyone would ask them to work a national holiday just so they can release one or two regions.

I'd have been certain enough of no release today that I would have been willing to lay a pretty hefty bet on it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Though Patch did, somewhere along the lines, specifically say that there would not be any of these mini/region releases on weekends or holiday - because of the many different groups of folks that needed to be involved in those releases.  

Here's is his post about the release schedule. 

The important thing to remember about Patch is that he really enjoys messing with people. He's a stinker. 😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Here's is his post about the release schedule. 

The important thing to remember about Patch is that he really enjoys messing with people. He's a stinker. 😁

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And this is exactly why one should not make pronouncements like they know something, when in reality they are speculating. lol

In one of his posts within these general threads, when he was responding to people about the region releases and why they can't happen off hours, he mentioned that they wouldn't be happening on weekends or holidays.  I usually save all of his posts, as well as the info posts from the Moles, but I must have missed saving that one (or it is just alluding me).  Anyhow, I was not actually speculating, but just repeating what he had said, even if not in the official thread.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Oh sure, I am evacuating from hurricane Dorian and there was a release while I was driving.  :(

Congrats to those who were able to click successfully!

Important thing is that you are safe.  Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.  There are lots of other regions coming up and there will be even more releases. 

• Like 14

I'm thinking of Porthole as a gift to a different population of refreshers.  Late-night Londoners unaware of the US holiday, or people who can only refresh on weekends, so they've been fishing for abandons, etc..  So hey, I'm not bumming that Porthole went when those more "in the know" may not have been watching.  Welcome to all, enjoy your new homes!

/me squints at email from her plywood box.

Well, before we utterly vilify Patch lol, let me say that for today's release he probably was not present.  Tho perhaps he approves the schedule?

Maybe we should nickname Derrick "coyote" or "Odysseus", since he definitely is a tricky fellow.  He's the one who made reference to thinking of switching things up, inworld.  And he's the one ...

• Like 6

On 8/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, Alumna Cornell said:

Derrick is hovering over the water - Porthole disappeared very briefly from the map, but green dots remained, so not a restart I don't think. But there are 3 of them together (2 invisibles).

Happy Labor Day Holiday everybody!  I hope it's a good time!   

I think when Alumna saw this group in Porthole on Friday, they were looking to see why the region didn't release.  This release program must have an active process. It was left on until a Mole fixed something. The Mole updated Porthole today and the region got released. Patch unlikely worked today. Derrick shouldn't be if Patch is taking today off.   I said they released 5 regions last week and Porthole just had a delay until today.

It's fun to see new Home owners get Porthole Homes and Houseboats well done by those refreshing today!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In one of his posts within these general threads, when he was responding to people about the region releases and why they can't happen off hours, he mentioned that they wouldn't be happening on weekends or holidays.  I usually save all of his posts, as well as the info posts from the Moles, but I must have missed saving that one (or it is just alluding me).  Anyhow, I was not actually speculating, but just repeating what he had said, even if not in the official thread.

I wasn’t referring to you, Lil. I imagine the point flew right over the head of the one I was talking about, as usual.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is one thing to ask a bunch of employees to work a weekend so that you can do a major release of something new - if they ever even considered such - but highly unlikely anyone would ask them to work a national holiday just so they can release one or two regions.

I'd have been certain enough of no release today that I would have been willing to lay a pretty hefty bet on it.

Gosh, same. I was positive no release would have happened. I literally was in world the whole day, weather was cruddy here in NJ and not much to do so I was working on my house and such. Had access to try for a home for the alt all day but didn't bother because I figured no way is LL going to work today. Oh well, oh well! Go figure.

• Like 2

I couldn't find his comment about holidays -- maybe that one was from one of the Moles that sometimes pop in.  Anyway, I did find his comment about weekends, which I would logically apply to any US holiday, and that comment was "It is highly unlikely" - but it did not flat out say that it would not happen.

So, yeah, typical Patch - keep everyone on their toes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

No matters here,  Patch Team and Moles getting properties to citizens fast as they can.  Looking good doing it.  People keep complimenting how Porthole is so very nice land decorated. Regions looking excellent as they go on.

I just hope to get a property in Belli. Plain and simple, I've been here in SL almost 16 years and I have patience. I will bide my time. I know I will have a home here. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Oh sure, I am evacuating from hurricane Dorian and there was a release while I was driving.  :(

Congrats to those who were able to click successfully!

Id assume that staying safe in rl would be more important then getting a piece of virtual real estate anyway. Glad you made it out. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Iki Kimono said:

Just picked up a houseboat in Porthole. I'd actually forgotten my auto refresh was still running! 

So much to bankholiday and it isn't worthwhile refreshing on monday! :(

PS: Now I read through the rest I see that I am not the first one to mention this! *lol*

Well today is Tuesday not a standard release day but I have 3 Tuesday releases in my records:

07:40 - 13:00 - 13:52 SLT 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.