When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

Welcome! Welcome to the wonderful Club De Refreshing. I suggest you stop at the chrome snack app bar and get yourself a tasty auto refresher treat. While there please do look over this entire thread. I would point to this that and the other, but there is honestly so much good advice, just take your own notes. You should know though, that there is a current frenzy of moles building so waves of releases are expected over the next month or so. I think this thread and SSP are the two most informed.

can you do the refreshing on the website as well as the sl dashboard or is it just sl dashboard, i ask because, i have a borrowed laptop while mine is being fixed and the website refreshes faster lol also SSP is another thread or group? 

2 hours ago, KaliGhostfire said:

can you do the refreshing on the website as well as the sl dashboard or is it just sl dashboard, i ask because, i have a borrowed laptop while mine is being fixed and the website refreshes faster lol also SSP is another thread or group? 

Your account dashboard is where you look for a Linden House. SSP is another thread here on the land forums. I can't link you to it right now as I'm on the phone (and not that tech-savvy) but if you search for 'SSP?' you will find it. If not I'll add link when I get back to my computer later this afternoon. One more thing; if you're completely new to this process of trying to find yourself a new Linden Home, there's another thread in the land forums I wrote and includes information to get you started, as well as help from other people. Again, I can't link right now but if you search 'How to get a new Linden Home (or try to!)' (or something like that) you should find it. There's answers to some common questions too as well as the link to SSP? and others that are helpful. :)

Edited by RaeLeeH
Typoliciousness times three!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

Your account dashboard is where you look for a Linden House. SSP is another thread here on the land forums. I can't link you to it right now as I'm on the phone (and not that tech-savvy) but if you search for 'SSP?' you will find it. If not I'll add link when I get back to my computer later this afternoon. One more thing; if you're completely new to this process of trying to find yourself a new Linden Home, there's another thread in the land forums I wrote and includes information to get you started, as well as help from other people. Again, I can't link right now but if you search 'How to get a new Linden Home (or try to!)' (or something like that) you should find it. There's answers to some common questions too as well as the link to SSP? and others that are helpful. :)

thank you for all the info and the help its much appreciated :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KaliGhostfire said:

thank you for all the info and the help its much appreciated :)

You're most welcome.

As promised, here's the SSP thread: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/

And here's an unofficial help thread: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/441469-help-and-info-to-get-a-new-linden-home-or-try-to/

Good luck! 😁 👍

Edited by RaeLeeH
To remove a big white space? Formatting? We'll go with that. >.<
  • Thanks 1

**** Quietly puts this out there as something I will release this weekend **** Turns out I can utilise HB life more easily - I find the houses too restricting and I KNOW this is dream home territory for well, pretty much everyone who came down to the plot and talked to me since I moved in - some lovely people . SO heads up for beach, corner plot Light of Aurelia traditional - Light of Aurelia/86/230/0 (house on the far left of photo by the piers) Will obviously let you know when I press the button as I have to clear up but it's only fair to give some notice! 

Snapshot_079.png

Snapshot_081.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

**** Quietly puts this out there as something I will release this weekend **** Turns out I can utilise HB life more easily - I find the houses too restricting and I KNOW this is dream home territory for well, pretty much everyone who came down to the plot and talked to me since I moved in - some lovely people . SO heads up for beach, corner plot Light of Aurelia traditional - Light of Aurelia/86/230/0 (house on the far left of photo by the piers) Will obviously let you know when I press the button as I have to clear up but it's only fair to give some notice! 

Snapshot_079.png

Snapshot_081.png

ugh. terrified to take the chance of letting go of a house since i finally got one. great place though... so tempting!

• Like 2

That is my dream- lot!!!

How sad you will be releasing it this weekend ... while I am still on my journey with lousy hotspot connection.

Sunday I'll be on a train - reaching home (and decent internet connection) about 10:00 am SLT ....

I hope packing up takes you looooooong ... must be carfull! ... wrap up you funiture well and precious china!!

Don't hurry ... take yout time .... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That is my dream- lot!!!

How sad you will be releasing it this weekend ... while I am still on my journey with lousy hotspot connection.

Sunday I'll be on a train - reaching home (and decent internet connection) about 10:00 am SLT ....

I hope packing up takes you looooooong ... must be carfull! ... wrap up you funiture well and precious china!!

Don't hurry ... take yout time .... ;)

😎 I will release Sunday - did not want to do Monday in case a release happened and it got messy for people! Have to work out the timings - will update - it's a popular place!

• Thanks 2

To make a sacrifice to the SLGods to help me snatching the lot in Light of Aurelia I'll give up Leoras own home in

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maple Cross/156/120/23

I intended to keep that for quite some time for it has view of the boats and the water ... but as the water is not open sea but the fourze lake and I did not make friends with the garden I'll make a cut and release it ... today Saturday at 10AM SLT ... so that Leora herself can partake at the hunt on sunday. ;)

48265714001_3fa7e27864_b.jpg
After_Steps by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

PS: the garden is semy sandy I put a green prim on it ... the hedges are 50% mine (front) 50% Moles (back)
Veranda is mine and will disappear with me .

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I will release Sunday - did not want to do Monday in case a release happened and it got messy for people! Have to work out the timings - will update - it's a popular place!

Monday is American Labor Day Holiday, Linden Lab probably not open then. There won't be any release that day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

Monday is American Labor Day Holiday, Linden Lab probably not open then. There won't be any release that day. 

Thank you - I am UK we just had our big bank holiday I realise  lots of people are US - it will def go Sunday (tomorrow) 😁 but as to when it shows on the page ......who knows!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Thank you - I am UK we just had our big bank holiday I realise  lots of people are US - it will def go Sunday (tomorrow)  but as to when it shows on the page ......who knows!!

It will be popular refresh for a lot of people trying get location!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

It will be popular refresh for a lot of people trying get location!

It's quite unique - very pleasant - you can watch them building across the water - if it had been a boat location would have kept. I like to open the front door and hop in the row boat - no messing about. Lazy I think it's called!!

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg.2dda1ada1e2142fb886c1e6083c0689d.jpg

🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg.2dda1ada1e2142fb886c1e6083c0689d.jpg

🤣

That's basically how I imagine inworld plot stalkers look like in RL! Seriously though good luck to the person who lands it - although similar beachy ones are being built. I don't think there is a perfect spot I think it's just what works best for each person and if undecided like myself you find that out as you hop around - I think I am on my 16th location now!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

if it had been a boat location would have kept. I like to open the front door and hop in the row boat - no messing about. Lazy I think it's called!!

Well, it COULD be a boat location.  For those who will be hunting for this house:

1.  Add a script to the boat that, on chat command, moves it to a nearby (within 10 meters) location you choose in the water.  This is totally trivial to write.  I could make one that will read the location and rotation from the boat's description, for example.   Take a copy of the boat with the script in it, and rez that copy on your land whenever you want to go on the water.  [Doing it for locations more than 10m away can be done too, but I am also lazy)]

2.  If you're REALLY lazy, always leave the boat rezzed in a cradle on your land, in a spot  <10m away from where it needs to be, and put a script in the cradle that whispers the chat command to the boat on touch.

3.  Sit in boat (so it doesn't poof immediately when placed beyond your parcel).  It may go physical and fall over or something.  My Bandit sailboat doesn't, tho.  Ignore that if it does.  Do chat command

4.  Row! Sail!

p.s. I will have no time today, but if folks are interested I'll try to do the script and post it .... somewhere ...  tomorrow.  Will update this post.

Edited by Nika Talaj
add p.s.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, it COULD be a boat location.  For those who will be hunting for this house:

1.  Add a script to the boat that, on chat command, moves it to a nearby (within 10 meters) location you choose in the water.  This is totally trivial to write.  I could make one that will read the location and rotation from the boat's description, for example.   Take a copy of the boat with the script in it, and rez that copy on your land whenever you want to go on the water.  [Doing it for locations more than 10m away can be done too, but I am also lazy)]

2.  If you're REALLY lazy, always leave the boat rezzed in a cradle on your land, in a spot  <10m away from where it needs to be, and put a script in the cradle that whispers the chat command to the boat on touch.

3.  Sit in boat (so it doesn't poof immediately when placed beyond your parcel).  It may go physical and fall over or something.  My Bandit sailboat doesn't, tho.  Ignore that if it does.  Do chat command

4.  Row! Sail!

p.s. I will have no time today, but if folks are interested I'll try to do the script and post it .... somewhere ...  tomorrow.  Will update this post.

If she see's this and accepts it as a good solution it will save all the house hunters a lot of anguish and mad clicking, assuming that it even goes right back into the pool and doesn't take a day or two trip into the maintenance shed. I've gone and looked at it and while it is quite nice I can't bring myself to abandon what I have to take the slight chance that I can grab it. 

By the way... just saw a houseboat sail by.....

• Like 3

Houseboats are currently the thing for me.

Coastal locations are my favourite. Water also my favourite. The traditionals are pretty. But what I like about the boats is that as quite a detailed decorator you can pack a lot into open plan living. I also find all the builds are made on the large side but you can focus the details more successfully in a boat. During releases I like to try for specific plots and see how successful I am - the whole continent is beautiful and I find it fascinating. I don't have the obsession with this particular plot even though it's awesome and unique - would be great if someone here on the forum got it because I find that regulars here are welcoming. I have not advertised it as such anywhere else but I've had several people "take me aside" so to speak with offers and such. I understand - It is awesome. But it's totally a co creation if you get it or not. Having a release time might make no difference at all. Seems fairer to try. It's a lottery and you have to stalk a release and practically become a full time abandon hunter to get a home it seems. P.S. offers not accepted BTW!!!!!!  

Also - similar Aurelia style regions are being built - lots of opportunities coming up

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.