When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

No I am not criticizing, I am saying I want to give one to my friend how is that criticizing? I never said it's a bad thing.  

The below post of yours says that alts getting Linden homes is "part of the problem".  Most of us take that to mean that ALTS GETTING A HOUSE IS A PROBLEM - i.e. a Bad Thing.

1 hour ago, Sarahbuxso said:

The thing is, people are getting Linden homes with alts as well, that is part of the problem as well, but it's not a problem with LL as long as they are making money.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lillie Button said:

Me too... like 5 minutes ago! yayayay

8 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

*Squeals*  I got one finally ,on Gallaudet :)

Are that abandoned ones? or might they be giving away a second region today? Gallaudet?

I saw these signs this afternoon directly next to my alts house - thought that was Gallaudet, but just went in and checked. It was Racoon Run - maybe that will be next?

48146087571_18aefbba2e_h.jpg
RacoonRun by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

2 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Yes but I never said it's bad, I was just making a statement, i'm not criticizing in anyway LOL, anyway, i'm done with this post, have a good day.

image.png.3a85d6ce43efd205757aff1e07e993e6.png

Not sure how something being "part of the problem" can be interpreted any other way than being bad.  Apparently just a difference in how words are used/interpreted by different folks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

A copy paste continent will suck all the fun out.

People I am guessing are not having fun at this point trying to even get a new home which is the problem. Yes it is nice that each area will have it's own theme.  They attempted that with the old homes minus the nice landscaping but to me they where very congested and to close to each other could not stand looking into someone else's home no privacy what so ever other then turning on the blinds feature, so never kept it.

Always paid to rent land from someone else but now would love to get rid of the extra expense, if I can ever get one of these new homes. I am not even a big fan of the trailer homes so I can wait until additional houseboats or homes are available I guess 😢.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I saw these signs this afternoon directly next to my alts house - thought that was Gallaudet, but just went in and checked. It was Racoon Run - maybe that will be next?

48146087571_18aefbba2e_h.jpg

I highly doubt they'll be giving away a second region today. It was only on monday that Patch made the announcement that they would be shifting to a release schedule of one region per day; I imagine they will want to give it more time and planning before considering whether it's in their best interest to try a different schedule. (Not to mention, they don't yet have enough regions finished to allow them to move to 2 a day; they would run out VERY quickly at that rate.)

I imagine what we see here is just a new visual indicator that this sim is finished and ready to release, when it is this sim's turn to release, next week/two weeks from now. I wasn't sure until now what the red line around a full sim meant, but it seems pretty likely it meant the same thing. Maybe they added the text for OUR benefit, so we are better able to track progress :)

Edit: apparently I am way off base, because it looks like they released a second region today: Gaullaudet - which I'd figured was earmarked for Monday. Go figure!

Edited by Teager
  • Like 2

LL was working fast on Gaullaudet yesterday afternoon, when I saw it the landscaping was done and evidently being checked by Kona, and there were still about 10 of the big green proto-houses that Constantine appeared to be working with.  They really are hustling!

(and no, haven't had time to be near the screen, so am sitting this set of regions out.  Want a houseboat, anyway).

Btw, when someone says their alt has a house, that does not necessarily imply that the main, or forum avatar, does.  That's the case with me ... I have one premium avatar, and she's a Belli homeless alt.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maiden Constantine said:

I guess greed and disregard go hand in hand.

Greed? They're paying for those premium alt accounts. Premium accounts are free to snag a Linden Home, so they do. How is that greedy? They're paying the same amount as anyone else for a premium account with that benefit. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

OK, my opinion...

First of all I am blessed, Have a home in Belli since april. With that said. I been in the refresh club and my time refreshing comes from the info I get through forum. I pay attention and try to make time. So when a big batch would be released I would sit here and refresh until I saw all sold out and everyone claimed a house. (Relax time). Then it changed to one region a day, fine, whatever works to get all the place they want so bad. Instructions were clear, one region a day, Monday, Wednesday and Friday (No time frame). So I would be ready on those days. The no time frame was a bit of a downer, because I felt I had to be in go mode all day, but then there was a time mentioned in a group inworld and later the more specific time.

Now since I can't be inworld when I am in go refresh mode, because of connection and bad lappy, I had to read that here. Lucky someone posted it. So basically that is my first hmm.

Second, if I read 1 region a day, I rely on it to be 1 region a day. Simply because the refresh stress stops me from doing real, or simply relaxing and saying OK, maybe next time, knowing that all for that day been given away.

Now before killing me. As I said I am blessed, because I been lucky. I just express it, because I think I am not the only one who feels like that. You know? That... I have to refresh stress!

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maiden Constantine said:

Great, so I missed out again.  What burns me up is people on these forums 'bragging' how they already have a new home but are using their alts to try to get a better area.  So they are basically grabbing houses and throwing them back.  That makes it even more difficult for those of us who haven't gotten a home yet.  It would be nice if those who already got one could maybe wait until the hype dies down a bit.  I guess greed and disregard go hand in hand.

I actually think the people who are using their alts to try to find a better location are making it easier, not harder, for other people to get a home. Without those people, there likely would not be the day to day turnover that we see now, where 5 or 6 or 7 homes a day will pop up on autorefreshers at all hours of the day. I know that those random, daily abandoned homes have been a great help for those unable to be online during linden labs working hours. I've seen many users in the bellisserian groups get their first bellisserian homes that way

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe it has something to do with network bandwidth? Can auto refresh report back the target Bellisseria slower if the network is slow?

My technical knowledge is close to nothing. I am just guessing.

Marianne, I think you have been one of those people who did the catching and releasing. :) I think I have a pretty fast connection. But I'm not fast enough in my execution of clicking on the TOS agreement. Plus I haven't come across a houseboat yet.

6 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

also discussed... so you'r voting for a list, lets say you come last, so with current release rate, you have to wait for 3 more years,
the list looks even more unfair to me than a equal chance for everybody at random release

well  when you look at the  birthday video   the thing of when you are 16 you  wish to be 20   when you are 20 you wish you were 16 ,,,,, so  could it be 4 years to complete every thing ,,,,, maybe  with the majority of people moving to the  new homes down the road maybe those  of us who keep missing getting one and taking the first generation ,,,, maybe they will give us at least the increased in prim and  plot  land ,,,, ,the other statement  was when almost every one is moved  they will persuade  the rest to move ,,,, so what   ,,will be the reason the  rest of us will note want to move ,,,,,, a lot of clues ,,,,     

we can only make suggestions but  at the end of ll work day ,,,, they have the final say

lets just be happy for those s  who have been blessed  and find joy in wherever our avi stays

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.