When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is always abandoned houses and boats, so don't give up.

Every time you miss one is practice. It took several days for me to train with the auto refresh before I scored. Since then, I just use it to see if the epic spot comes up. The one who has it all. Placement, view, beautiful scenery.

I think we're all aiming for that, which is partially the problem. All the house jumping makes it harder for those people who still can't get in, to get in. Yes, I know it comes down to luck, timing, persistence, hope, karmic points, planets aligning, miracles, etc etc. I'm not without commonsense or empathy. I do have a house, but like many I'm looking for a better location. So I've been trying the autorefresh trick for the last 3 days, primarily because releases happen when I am asleep (and it's 2 am even as I type this). Nada. And I feel bad when I see not only are others able to score places apparently quite easily, but more-so for the fact there are others who haven't even had one house yet. To me all this house jumping, while it is our right, is starting to feel like a case of "rubbing salt in the wound". 

To that end I'm seriously contemplating just giving up my house and waiting a few months to let someone else who doesn't yet have a house hopefully nab it. There's no guarantees and one house won't make a change in the grand scheme of things, but I've already experienced Bellisseria since the initial release. I was lucky to get my place just before they all sold out. If I hadn't gotten out of bed early that day I'd be sitting on the sidelines waiting too. I have 2 other alts that are premium that don't have houses either, but just feels greedy to take when so many want. I don't know. There's so much negativity sometimes, just want to inject a little good in the world. As they say, be the change, right? ;) 

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure the pictures are always the same, unless they maybe rotate between the four styles randomly or something, but that will tell you nothing about location.

Probably right. Would be damn near impossible taking individual pics for all the thousands of homes individually going up (not impossible, just time consuming). I'd not want that job XD

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It is funny about that "Sold out" message! One alt refreshed for about an hour or so. Than she got this "Sold out" Page.

After I logged out and logged in with another alt ... SHE could refresh and does so since.- without seeing anything pop up.

Yeah, this has been the last few days. I shouldn't complain, really. There are others who aren't seeing anything either, like you. Luck of the draw I guess? 🤔

• Like 1

Rae, I wouldn't give up my house if I were you, and if you're enjoying it.  But yes, from the perspective of the hordes still waiting for their 1st house, it would be nice if those who are shopping for better neighborhoods would bow out for a couple weeks :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a bit confused, do the new homes come up on the choose your home page of the website? or is there another place? and I have to give up my current home in order to try and get another correct? can't just change homes without releasing the one I have first.  ohh and how do you auto refresh?

Edited by LaCarnal Dreamscape

31 minutes ago, LaCarnal Dreamscape said:

I am a bit confused, do the new homes come up on the choose your home page of the website? or is there another place? and I have to give up my current home in order to try and get another correct? can't just change homes without releasing the one I have first.  ohh and how do you auto refresh?

Yes, the 'Get Your Home Now' page -- https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

You must have 1024 sqm of tier available and you cannot currently own a Linden Home in order to search/try for a new one. So yes, you have to give up the current one first.

Search this particular sub-forum for the auto-refresh info ---- or someone using it will be along shortly to give you that info.

• Haha 1

Would be nice if they released them for all time zones and not when some people are at work, others may be sleeping or just not watching the computer every hour on the hour.

Like stated if they listed a time on when these homes will go up for grabs and yes I mean grabs (that is literally what is happening) it would make people a little happier but not by much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Would be nice if they released them for all time zones and not when some people are at work, others may be sleeping or just not watching the computer every hour on the hour.

Like stated if they listed a time on when these homes will go up for grabs and yes I mean grabs (that is literally what is happening) it would make people a little happier but not by much.

Lots of things in life would be nice, but not always feasible.  Patch explained why they need to release them during the LL work day here:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Celina Lavecchia said:

i dont even get the sold out messages, i get only offered the old 4 house styles

You wont see it until you get thru all screens to only be told they are sold out. 

Why I wish once you get the option it is locked to you for say 5-10 min if you don't claim it then it is open to someone else.

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Lots of things in life would be nice, but not always feasible.  Patch explained why they need to release them during the LL work day here:

I work in IT so that is basically that is "bleep", whenever we do any updates, patches or roll-outs we always have a time frame, you cant just expect to push something on someone at the spur of the moment. The only time we cant judge time frames is if something unexpected happens or goes wrong.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LaCarnal Dreamscape said:

you have to abandon your land in-world before choosing a new home on the website yes.  it's on the right at your main landing page.

check out chrome for auto-refresh extensions.  some allowed an input for Bellisseria  to beep when it sees that word while others no

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

you have to abandon your land in-world before choosing a new home on the website yes.  it's on the right at your main landing page.

check out chrome for auto-refresh extensions.  some allowed an input for Bellisseria  to beep when it sees that word while others no

Yep correct why if you don't want to be homeless for any period of time it is hard for you to look for one of the new homes great system.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Probably right. Would be damn near impossible taking individual pics for all the thousands of homes individually going up (not impossible, just time consuming). I'd not want that job XD

Are you high? 

Of course it's the same picture on the claim screen. Theres no reason to have a photo of each house as they can be swapped out using the house controller. 

1 hour ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

thank you so much...added the auto-refresh plus! never knew about it.

• Like 2

I was using autorefresh for this morning's release and had no alarms sound with multiple tabs open and different refresh rates set (1, 3, and 5 seconds).  I was even watching the open tabs.  I am super disappointed; I didn't even get a chance...

Edited by Camile228

15 minutes ago, Celina Lavecchia said:

so today is friday .. and release day ^^ anyone has a idea to which time LL releasing the new houseboats and houses at bellessaria ?

Based on the map, the next region will likely be the one to the right of New Hamsterdam and that one contains no houseboats, just houses. 

Release will be anytime from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm SLT

• Haha 1

Is it not happening now? I've had hit after hit after hit ... all traditional homes. So either someone's giving up houses or the next batch has been released. 

17mins ago i started getting hits.

Edited by ananoelle
  • Like 1

You who are using Auto-refresh need to practice. I trained 2 days, lost every time. But 2 days isn't so much, considering ppl has been waiting a month.

I think it was abandoning. There are some homes abandoned every day. I have auto-refresh on turned on with a premium alt, so I see every them time something comes up. The alt has abandoned the ones I got when I practice my clicking speed.

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong. It was a sim. Jamesborough. It came up and all is taken now.

I am not in this round unless it's a boat. I will try then.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You who are using Auto-refresh need to practice. I trained 2 days, lost every time. But 2 days isn't so much, considering ppl has been waiting a month.

I think it was abandoning. There are some homes abandoned every day. I have auto-refresh on turned on with a premium alt, so I see every them time something comes up. The alt has abandoned the ones I got when I practice my clicking speed.

I am not in this round unless it's a boat. I will try then.

Personally, I have practiced quite a bit and I know I have good reaction speed, but I didn't even get the chance to click next because none of the new homes even popped up for me.

This morning, Jamesborough was released and sold out in record time (according to Patch), so the next release will be on Monday.

Edited by Camile228

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.