When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Around 6:51 a.m. SLT Gone in 3 seconds.

OMG that is about the time more people on the west coast are heading into work and about the time most on the east coast are starting work ... again, how is this fair for those of us that have to work for a living? I still say, they should do the whole continent, not release one home or houseboat until the whole continent is finished. Block the "Get your home now" page then once they all are finished and ready .. release them .. this would be more fair then this releasing 12 freckin homes at a time ... if nothing else at least release four or five regions at a time ... stop teasing us with 12 damn homes, and can't they see the demand is there .. 3 secs for them all to be taken .. WTF!!! get a clue people!!! Think it's time to move back into the old homes and wit unit 2035 to try and get a new linden home .. because on this road now and how & when they releasing them it will take that long.  

Edited by Dick Spad
double post
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Around 6:51 a.m. SLT Gone in 3 seconds.

OMG that is about the time more people on the west coast are heading into work and about the time most on the east coast are starting work ... again, how is this fair for those of us that have to work for a living? I still say, they should do the whole continent, not release one home or houseboat until the whole continent is finished. Block the "Get your home now" page then once they all are finished and ready .. release them .. this would be more fair then this releasing 12 freckin homes at a time ... if nothing else at least release four or five regions at a time ... stop teasing us with 12 damn homes, and can't they see the demand is there .. 3 secs for them all to be taken .. WTF!!! get a clue people!!! Think it's time to move back into the old homes and wit unit 2035 to try and get a new linden home .. because on this road now and how & when they releasing them it will take that long.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dick Spad said:

europeans havent more luck, sure the release times fits better our time. but since the servers are based in the usa, we have a delay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

/me dries the tears of her premium alt.   She was on at 6:20, but missed the release when this troublesome typist had to take a shower!

One good thing about the slow release schedule is that if you need to take time off for RL no big deal, they'll still be doing it for months.  My RL is very busy this next week, so I'll catch y'all in a week or so.  Good luck to the homeless, and to the homed, have fun!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

Patch told us this today in chat and has mentioned it before.

[2019/06/28 06:58] Patch Linden: For example, when Campers & Trailers come out, that'll be a big release of many regions/homes

You'll have a longer window of opportunity to grab a home during that large release. I'd guess at least 12 hours before they are all gone.  There's a chance that some Traditional Homes and House Boats will be included in this larger release, if not, many will abandoned some of those style of homes during that release to grab something different or more suited/interesting to them. It's what I am waiting for myself. I was  here for the region release this morning and my computer pages just don't respond quick enough to move through the pages to accept an offered home before its gone.  It is frustrating, but just how it is, so keep your focus and hopes on the large release coming out soon. Mostly likely after the Second Life 16th Birthday celebration ends after July 8th. Possibly on July 9th or there after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fox Wijaya said:

can't there come a addition to TOS that it's forbidden for 6 months to complain about missed homes, lack of chances and any other related subject to that?

People need to vent.  Personally I see nothing wrong with it as long as they are polite about it and don't get derogatory about it.  And Patch did say they were going to release them this way and see how it goes.  Nothing wrong with people giving feedback it is obvious that they do listen to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:
5 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

can't there come a addition to TOS that it's forbidden for 6 months to complain about missed homes, lack of chances and any other related subject to that?

People need to vent.  Personally I see nothing wrong with it as long as they are polite about it and don't get derogatory about it.  And Patch did say they were going to release them this way and see how it goes.  Nothing wrong with people giving feedback it is obvious that they do listen to it.

@karynmaria Thank you!!

2 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

People need to vent. 

this isn't venting anymore since the first release, it's explained in many, many ways now, but people still don't seem to accept that.
Deal with it, or go sit in a dark corner, because nothing else will help.
For most it's simply whining, no other word for it.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Patch told us this today in chat and has mentioned it before.

[2019/06/28 06:58] Patch Linden: For example, when Campers & Trailers come out, that'll be a big release of many regions/homes

You'll have a longer window of opportunity to grab a home during that large release. I'd guess at least 12 hours before they are all gone.  There's a chance that some Traditional Homes and House Boats will be included in this larger release, if not, many will abandoned some of those style of homes during that release to grab something different or more suited/interesting to them. It's what I am waiting for myself. I was  here for the region release this morning and my computer pages just don't respond quick enough to move through the pages to accept an offered home before its gone.  It is frustrating, but just how it is, so keep your focus and hopes on the large release coming out soon. Mostly likely after the Second Life 16th Birthday celebration ends after July 8th. Possibly on July 9th or there after. 

@PrudenceAnton That's good news to hear, thank you for sharing that with us. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

It is frustrating, but just how it is, so keep your focus and hopes on the large release coming out soon. Mostly likely after the Second Life 16th Birthday celebration ends after July 8th. Possibly on July 9th or there after.

I was also told to check every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the smaller releases. And also weekends. Is this accurate? 

Just now, Izzy Harcassle said:

I was also told to check every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the smaller releases. And also weekends. Is this accurate? 

Weekends no. Could be on any given day during the week but most likely on Mon, Wed, Fri.  Patch said sometimes they might have to skip a day or two between these smaller region releases.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox Wijaya said:

if you take the little efford to read the official announcements you'd known it 3 days ago 

Well news flash .. some of us have other things going on in real life and can't always get to a computer.  At least  PrudenceAnton  was helping out others in case they missed the article. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kieok said:

I'll be ready for the batch release! Is that estimated to be out in July? 

50 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

No word on that. They usually give a 24 hour window notice for those releases. Many are guessing that it'll happen shortly after the Second Life 16th Birthday celebration ends on July 8, 2019. So keep alert any time around July 9th and onward.

At the Patch Meet the Lindens, he said that the Campers & Trailers would be released "within a few months", thus I highly doubt anytime in July.

22 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

.. I still say, they should do the whole continent, not release one home or houseboat until the whole continent is finished....  

My guess is at least 1-2 years, if not more, before the entire continent is finished.  We can't even see the entire continent yet, even up in the SSP area.  The continent will be expanding to the south, likely all the way down to the next Mainland continent.

There are roughly 38,000 old Linden Homes.  It has taken them roughly a year to create what they have so far, which is somewhere around 3500, give or take.  Even with the faster flow that they are currently going at, it will still take a long time to get that many homes out there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At the Patch Meet the Lindens, he said that the Campers & Trailers would be released "within a few months", thus I highly doubt anytime in July.

My guess is at least 1-2 years, if not more, before the entire continent is finished.  We can't even see the entire continent yet, even up in the SSP area.  The continent will be expanding to the south, likely all the way down to the next Mainland continent.

There are roughly 38,000 old Linden Homes.  It has taken them roughly a year to create what they have so far, which is somewhere around 3500, give or take.  Even with the faster flow that they are currently going at, it will still take a long time to get that many homes out there.

Did ya have to burst my bubble, LittleMe Jewell, after I kind of had my hopes up??  *laughs*  Thank you for that update though.

Me: "New release coming out, Yay!"

Jewell: "Not so fast."

Me: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Why didn't they just copy the new continent and release homes like that in another area of SL, wouldn't that make more sense then doing this all in stages, at least then everyone would get a new home.

just visit one of the new sims, they are doing a real nice sim-design with a great enviroment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Why didn't they just copy the new continent and release homes like that in another area of SL, wouldn't that make more sense then doing this all in stages, at least then everyone would get a new home.

They could be like sister cities but in Second Life. Twin continents!  Doubt that'll happen, but it would be another solution and I'm sure they have already pre-mapped out their design for the periodic releases of new themes and extensions that will eventually connect the Bellisseira continent to other areas.

23 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Actually, once Belliseria gets further along, it might kinda make sense to nuke a set of old, more inactive LH sims and replace them with this build.  Give residents on the old continent first crack at the replacement homes.  But LL's never done anything like that, have they?

For now, getting a Belli home is a game within the larger SL game.  And the most fun part of that game really is the community building.  The main Belli group chat is a lot of fun, anyone can join, and you can say relevant things just by exploring and praising what you see.  Also, there's a lot of folks inworld in Belli, you can just wander around and randomly chat to folks who aren't too busy. 

Anyone can also watch the moles and Lindens work, I did it a little bit yesterday, it's interesting in exactly the same way that it's fun to watch construction workers in RL. Except in RL you probably won't see a huge pacific islander construction supervisor who's sporting a rainbow tail and carrying a couple of little fuzzy pets (@Kona Linden). 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.