When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I hope they never do a copy/paste - and doubt they will given all that has been said about this project by LL.

From the interviews and information that has been given to us, it doesn't sound like that is a possibility at all.  It sounded like its pretty much been planned and mapped out how the new Continents would be designed and released over a period of time.  What comes after Bellisseria will mostly likely be its own unique design and theme, which I look forward to see its development down the road.

• Like 3

We have more of a New England look on the Bellisseria continent being developed. Imagine if the next new continent was done in a style of the older traditional homes through Italy and France? Villas dotted along slopped hillsides by a coastline. Tranquil little valleys of vineyard like villas and shops?  Doubt that is in the plans, but the possibilities of uniquely themed continents being built for premium members is rather exciting if Linden Lab keeps to these new themed ideals.

villa 1.jpg

villa 2.jpg

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 13

44 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Why didn't they just copy the new continent and release homes like that in another area of SL, wouldn't that make more sense then doing this all in stages, at least then everyone would get a new home.

41 minutes ago, Celina Lavecchia said:

just visit one of the new sims, they are doing a real nice sim-design with a great enviroment

I have a house in the northern part of the continent. When I ride around Bellisseria on my bike or horse, I’m getting lost half the time—even with the mini-map. Although I appreciate the unique nature of this project, I wouldn’t mind an exact duplicate placed somewhere else in SL. Maybe the folks that have been participating in the SSP thread since last August would be able to see the similarities. I doubt that most people would notice or care. At least the homeless would  have a greater chance of getting a house or houseboat in this millennium. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

The thing is, people are getting Linden homes with alts as well, that is part of the problem as well, but it's not a problem with LL as long as they are making money.

this is discussed many times already past weeks, it is no problem : all those are normal paying premium accounts, and all  premium accounts for LL count as individual.
The rules don't say one premium home per rl person, but one per premium account.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It is sort of hard to create and maintain a single "community" if the regions are not physically located near one another.  

9 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

The thing is, people are getting Linden homes with alts as well, that is part of the problem as well, but it's not a problem with LL as long as they are making money.

Best I can tell, from all the comments made in these forums since the first release in April, there are a max of 75-100 alt accounts that have homes.  Out of the roughly 3500 homes currently out there, that is less than 3% -- maximum.  Based on the amount of time that the latest releases have gone for, if 100 homes were released at once, they'd likely all still be taken in less than 15 seconds - 30 seconds max.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is sort of hard to create and maintain a single "community" if the regions are not physically located near one another.  

Best I can tell, from all the comments made in these forums since the first release in April, there are a max of 75-100 alt accounts that have homes.  Out of the roughly 3500 homes currently out there, that is less than 3% -- maximum.  Based on the amount of time that the latest releases have gone for, if 100 homes were released at once, they'd likely all still be taken in less than 15 seconds - 30 seconds max.

I know. It sucks. I just jumped in the shower for 15 minutes and missed one home, considering I left someone in charge of the computer and they couldn't claim it on time. :/ 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Also it's too bad I can't give my home to my friend since I have an extra one, which I want to do but obviously can't do that.

I do believe you can add people to your parcel to rezz out items and be able to use the house controls, texturing walls, access to doors and windows?  Maybe your friend could house sit your extra?

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

.  Based on the amount of time that the latest releases have gone for, if 100 homes were released at once, they'd likely all still be taken in less than 15 seconds - 30 seconds max.

I’m not a statistician, however, the interest that has been generated in these homes since April is phenomenal. Once people started using auto-refresh, I knew I was doomed. I was just lucky to stumble across an abandoned house on May 15. My alt’s search for my dream houseboat has been fruitless. The people who manage to catch and release homes on a daily basis amaze me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

So instead of people scrambling they should make a waiting list so at least it would be a fair line up.

also discussed... so you'r voting for a list, lets say you come last, so with current release rate, you have to wait for 3 more years,
the list looks even more unfair to me than a equal chance for everybody at random release.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sarahbuxso said:

3 years I think that's a little exaggerated.

not at all, they are working on it for 2 years already, around 10 % is released now in 3 months time..

(ps.. if you quote the person you reply to, it's easier to follow for others)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Also it's too bad I can't give my home to my friend since I have an extra one, which I want to do but obviously can't do that.

You can make a group with you friend and his family / friends /alts and then set the house to that group. That gives all of them REZZ rights. You can also add him and other name by name to your house controll then they can redecorate. Only on rare occasions it needs the OWNER to set things (for example set the landmenue so that your sound cannot be heard outside-  or that avatars in the parcel cannot be seen by other avatars outside). You can do that for him.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

30 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

The people who manage to catch and release homes on a daily basis amaze me. 

Maybe it has something to do with network bandwidth? Can auto refresh report back the target Bellisseria slower if the network is slow?

My technical knowledge is close to nothing. I am just guessing.

1 hour ago, Sarahbuxso said:

I'm confused. You said that part of the problem is people having more than one home, but you also say you have an extra home?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe it has something to do with network bandwidth? Can auto refresh report back the target Bellisseria slower if the network is slow?

My technical knowledge is close to nothing. I am just guessing.

Definitely - the auto-refresh still has to communicate with the web server to serve up the web page and scan it.  If someone is on a slower connection, they might be getting back an updated copy of the web page half as often as someone with a super fast connection.  Proximity to servers comes in to play also.

Actually, if the connection is slow, the person should have a slower timer on their auto-refresh.  Otherwise, it may start refreshing the page again before it has even fully loaded and been scanned - therefore the scan part never finding anything.   I believe someone encountered this issue and thus ran the auto-refresh on 3 different browser windows.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

We have more of a New England look on the Bellisseria continent being developed. Imagine if the next new continent was done in a style of the older traditional homes through Italy and France? Villas dotted along slopped hillsides by a coastline. Tranquil little valleys of vineyard like villas and shops?  Doubt that is in the plans, but the possibilities of uniquely themed continents being built for premium members is rather exciting if Linden Lab keeps to these new themed ideals.

villa 1.jpg

villa 2.jpg

I LOVE that. That's why for many years I rented a little cottage in Ville de Coer. I even keep that up as a sort of country weekend ressort though I have a house in Bellisseria - I have much less prims but lovely landscape ... and real snow in winter! ;)

46254016725_7e3e6cda33_h.jpg
NewHome07 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

Yah I did that with my other friend but she wants her own which I can understand.

Do I understand right that you are critizising people who have alts that own houses and you have spare houses to give to your friends?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.