What we gonna get with the new super premium?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

undo when editing prims is a thing, but once you delete or take a prim, that data is gone and there is no way for the region to know this new thing is actually that previous thing you removed. The thing you put back in world is .. a brand new thing.

She meant the "restore to last position" functionality I believe. Which is only available to full region/homestead owners and estate managers right now. I wonder if LL can tinker with it enough so region would check if you have rezzing rights at where you actually attempt to restore an item, instead of the current 0.0.0 spot.

But meanwhile...

They already sell this feature for the "low price of 229$ a month!". And (alternatively) for whatever grandfathered regions/homesteads are. Be on another level, don't settle for super premium, become MEGA premium today! *

*in your own region only

/s

• Like 2

We still have it for general use in Catznip (I don't know about other TPVs and I can't be bothered to look right now, gonna guess at probably), but if you attempt to use it and it fails to rez (because you don't have perms at 0,0,0) the object will vanish from your inventory and won't show back in your inventory till after a relog. Here be dragons.

There have also been a couple of famous cases where it's been use for nefarious purposes.

Pro tip : If you have a store (etc) make sure random people can't rez at 0,0,0

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Catznip

i have been using Catznip R12.1 for a few weeks now. I like it quite a lot. As I think its closest to the LL standard in its look and feel for the things I do

i haven't quite tho understood how the Build Undo/Redo works or what it is mean't to do. When I edit say the X Size of a prim or change its color say, then Ctrl-Z doesn't undo the edit. Is there something I am missing ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

i have been using Catznip R12.1 for a few weeks now. I like it quite a lot. As I think its closest to the LL standard in its look and feel for the things I do

Thanks, that is kinda what we're aiming for :D

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

i haven't quite tho understood how the Build Undo/Redo works or what it is mean't to do. When I edit say the X Size of a prim or change its color say, then Ctrl-Z doesn't undo the edit. Is there something I am missing ?

Undo data is saved on the region (it's an LL feature from waaaaay back when and works in all viewers). you can undo position, scale and rotation changes  with ctrl + z. just make sure the prim has focus, not a text field on the edit floater.

As a sanity check to see if something outside of SL is eating your CTRL+Z commands, type something in a notecard, hit CTRL+Z and it should vanish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

you can undo position, scale and rotation changes  with ctrl + z. just make sure the prim has focus, not a text field on the edit floater.

ah! ok.  I had a quick play and this part works good. Will be useful when I lose my objects to some random position on the region because edit typo, and I cant remember the position I just typo edited. Thanks :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Im no builder, I'm a tinkerer. May we please have a undo/crtl+z/back/I f-ed up button please.

Theres been many occasion ive misclicked and deleted or picked up the main prim im working on. Im left with trying to line it all up again. 

Help me, I have issues. I seem to love doing it to homes and boats lol 

There is an undo feature....it's ctrl+z ..... so no need to ask for it - we already have that ability:) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

There is an undo feature....it's ctrl+z ..... so no need to ask for it - we already have that ability:) 

Yeeep. Coffee already answered that way back there. And just to clarify the ability I meant was to undo the accidental delete or take actions that i do all the time while tinkering. So no there is no magical 'undo' for that :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

ananoelle was more meaning a more complete Undo - undoing edits of objects - size, tortures, texture, color, link/unlink  etc, . As CoffeeDujour points out the current viewer Undo is a region capability to only undo object position, rotation and scale

edit: /waves to ananoelle who go in before me :)

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 2

Premium gifts is the most stupid and useless benefit of Premium.

Get a random gift a few times a year, a totally irrelevant and useless item, because it has too high LI. I never used one of them. They could remove it, and I bet maybe 1 of 1000 would complain.

Hands up everyone who's using the Premium gifts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

👎 Not so much.  They aren't bad; its just that its not worth unpacking the box to try something that may not be useful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Erwin Solo said:

👎 Not so much.  They aren't bad; its just that its not worth unpacking the box to try something that may not be useful. 

Maybe if they just put the Premium Gifts directly in our inventory nicely filed, like the default inventory.  Then I could find it when I might need it, whatever it might be. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, Alyona Su said:

Patch Linden answered this question of mine in another thread.

You should prepay your annual Premium now. When the new "Super Premium" [Lindedn words, if I recall - not mine) is announced, you will be able to upgrade from "current Premium" to that and any remaining time on your current premium will be applied as a pro-rated cost discount. In my case, my Premium renewal day is in February 2020, I extended it at the current rate until February 2021. So, theoretically, if they announce before the end of July and I choose to upgrade, I believe I will be able to do it for very little, if any cost. Though I presume the renewal date may change (not sure about that bit).

So, basically, again we would have to prepay? They haven't even really showed us why we should prepay now besides the rates going up. Those of us that are annual premiums now and did prepay that should be the super premium then go from there. That should be our "prize" for prepaying in advance the way that we did rather than paying again. smh...Now I'm really wondering, are we getting our money's worth out of SL right now? Yea, they did the new Linden homes. When I joined we had our 512 they gave us as premiums then they upped it to 1012, I never did get my other 512 did anyone else? Did they do something then that I missed?

Hopefully that makes sense, not trying to sound bitchy...this whole thing is starting to get confusing....Alyona Su, I'm not yelling at you, please don't take offence. 

If I'm missing something here can someone tell me what it is?

Edited by Victorianna Writer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Victorianna Writer said:

So, basically, again we would have to prepay? They haven't even really showed us why we should prepay now besides the rates going up. Those of us that are annual premiums now and did prepay that should be the super premium then go from there. That should be our "prize" for prepaying in advance the way that we did rather than paying again. smh...Now I'm really wondering, are we getting our money's worth out of SL right now? Yea, they did the new Linden homes. When I joined we had our 512 they gave us as premiums then they upped it to 1012, I never did get my other 512 did anyone else? Did they do something then that I missed?

Hopefully that makes sense, not trying to sound bitchy...this whole thing is starting to get confusing....Alyona Su, I'm not yelling at you, please don't take offence. 

If I'm missing something here can someone tell me what it is?

No, you don't HAVE to prepay to be able to get the Super Duper Premium or to get your current membership term applied to it.  However, whatever is left on your regular Premium term will be used to calculated your pro-rated amount for the new Premium, if you choose to get it.  Thus if you have pre-paid a year, that is even more will be applied towards the Super Premium signup.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Premium is not fully undefined and there is no offer for it. 

The current offer is what it is, specifically: 

To help with the transition to the new pricing, starting June 3, we’re offering a limited-time opportunity for existing Premium members to lock in their current rates for one more billing cycle, including extending an existing monthly to use the current full year rate by upgrading now to annual. Simply renew before June 24th to extend your current Membership at the same low rate. For example, monthly members will be billed at the lower rate for one more monthly billing cycle, while annual members may renew (or monthly users may upgrade to annual) early to add one more year to your existing Membership at the current lower rate. We will update when the option becomes available on June 3rd. Until then - if you are not up for renewal already, you will not see the option to lock in your current price. Keep an eye out for updates.

Quoted from:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, you don't HAVE to prepay to be able to get the Super Duper Premium or to get your current membership term applied to it.  However, whatever is left on your regular Premium term will be used to calculated your pro-rated amount for the new Premium, if you choose to get it.  Thus if you have pre-paid a year, that is even more will be applied towards the Super Premium signup.

That makes more sense lol. Thanks LittleMe

• Like 2

I did hear a rumour the other day that the top tier payers will get topless photos of Oz Linden delivered to their inboxes on a monthly basis. Apparently those who sign up at Christmas also get pictures of Torley Linden dressed up as a naughty elf.

But then these are just rumours. Who knows if there is any truth to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I must confess I'm having trouble thinking of what additional perks Super Premium would give us (other than perhaps changing your first name-last name combination as many times as you like, which would be a limited use to most people). 

Another possibility is some new version of mobile access/SL Go, which I could get behind if it worked well. I've always wanted to be able to run SL on my iPad from the comfort of my sofa ;-)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Get a random gift a few times a year, a totally irrelevant and useless item, because it has too high LI. I never used one of them. They could remove it, and I bet maybe 1 of 1000 would complain.

Nope. That's a hands-down from me. I have to confess that I've never actually used any of the Premium Gifts. Initially it was like I had to have it because it was somehow special and "free", but now I generally don't bother. The LI is usually too high, and they usually don't apply or appeal to me. You can't please everyone all the time, right?

After watching the forums these past few weeks over the changes being made I think if LL pulled the gifts, people would backlash over that too.

And gifts isn't the right word. More like perks. Even that's not right. We've already paid for admission, so to speak. But its all semantics really.

It's got to be hard enough coming up with something that looks decent, has good LI and LOD, and enough general appeal that the majority of folks want it (even just because it's free)? There's too many people to accommodate for. Too many varied tastes. Too much potential to offend or upset, even if they tried to appeal to the masses. If they had us pick from a poll, there's always going to be losers that will boycott what they didn't get to choose. People will always complain. It doesn't matter how much we get we feel entitled to more. Or better. Or different. Or cheaper. Or something, dagnammit! 

Personally, I'd prefer to do away with gifts and raise the stipend, perhaps. Though there's enough threads on that to explain why, from a business perspective, that's unlikely to happen. I honestly don't know what could be offered when the two main factors that really influence players in SL is prims (allowance) and Lindens. The rest is a bit superfluous isn't it?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Hands down here too, but not because I don't like the idea. I like the concept of getting a gift every month, but agree the LI is always too high, so personally I never use them. Maybe LL could partner with a different vendor each month to offer something a bit better  - there are some great low prim mesh and non-mesh items by creators out there. This would satisfy premium members in terms of LI and be good promotion for the vendor (I guess LL would have to have some criteria the vendor has to meet first), and so a win-win for LL:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I used a one, maybe two, for photo shoots in the past.  ¬¬ xD

I can imagine rezzing them in a sandbox just for that. When they released the winter cabin, I think I actually got that one, and rezzed it next to another cabin. The other cabin won on both LI and looks.

12 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

Maybe if they just put the Premium Gifts directly in our inventory nicely filed, like the default inventory.  Then I could find it when I might need it, whatever it might be. 

Yeah, why not. I don't remember what I had to do to get gifts. Go to some place and the gifts are gone after a while, right? It would maybe be fun to unpack some gifts and look at them when I'm bored.

43 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Hands down here too, but not because I don't like the idea. I like the concept of getting a gift every month, but agree the LI is always too high, so personally I never use them. Maybe LL could partner with a different vendor each month to offer something a bit better  - there are some great low prim mesh and non-mesh items by creators out there. This would satisfy premium members in terms of LI and be good promotion for the vendor (I guess LL would have to have some criteria the vendor has to meet first), and so a win-win for LL:)

I think that would be a dramafest and an outcry that tops all we heard. Accusations of favoritism, nepotism, they have bribed someone to be included, and all the other things people get angry about.

Is it something every month? I have no idea. I thought it was more like 4 times a year.

• Like 1

I very curious to see if the super premium getting larger tier and thus they bringing in a larger plot of linden home - a super linden home, I guess it being called or something. We gonna be like the royal family of Bellisseria with swanky, mansion type places to live. Mainly though, I in it for the surnames, which I has wanted for nearly a decade.

• Like 2

Just now, Chronometria said:

I very curious to see if the super premium getting larger tier and thus they bringing in a larger plot of linden home - a super linden home, I guess it being called or something. We gonna be like the royal family of Bellisseria with swanky, mansion type places to live. Mainly though, I in it for the surnames, which I has wanted for nearly a decade.

Super Linden Home? Now we're talking! 🧐

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.