What we gonna get with the new super premium?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Super Linden Home? Now we're talking! 🧐

Yup - we gonna be the kings and queens of Bellisseria - which is kinda funny cos i not even able to get a home there at the moment. We gonna have the exclusive parties and like, if you just got a houseboat or something, we gonna be like "release the hounds!"

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Victorianna Writer said:

That should be our "prize" for prepaying in advance the way that we did rather than paying again

Linden Lab has *always* been prepayemnt for everuthing since the beginning. Not prepaying for something is getting it on credit. Wiould you trust us to pay for something SL after using it? I wouldn't. We deserve no "prize" - that, to me, is entitlement attitude of the most high. (I'm sure you were just venting LOL) - and I see that it was already clarified that you do not have to prepay anything with regard to the higher tier of Premium.

I was answerring the OP who was wondering if they should prepay the current year to keep the $72 price when they may go with the higher tier; they weren't sure about any upgrade ability or cost. I was using my own strategy as an example. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Linden Lab has *always* been prepayemnt for everuthing since the beginning.

Except tier, which is paid in arrears, in hopes that during the 30-day billing cycle we'll acquire more land and hence owe more tier by the time the bill comes due.

Regarding the Premium gifts: Very early on, they offered a Mole-made rail handcar compatible with the SLRR; it was Modify permission and actually useful for me: I wrote a script for it to record the SLRR track geometry. Since then, unfortunately, most* of the gifts have been no-mod junk. I don't understand how they keep making that same mistake over and over despite our patiently explaining that any no-mod item is by definition worthless -- especially a gift.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

Except tier, which is paid in arrears, in hopes that during the 30-day billing cycle we'll acquire more land and hence owe more tier by the time the bill comes due.

Regarding the Premium gifts: Very early on, they offered a Mole-made rail handcar compatible with the SLRR; it was Modify permission and actually useful for me: I wrote a script for it to record the SLRR track geometry. Since then, unfortunately, most* of the gifts have been no-mod junk. I don't understand how they keep making that same mistake over and over despite our patiently explaining that any no-mod item is by definition worthless -- especially a gift.

Yes, *land-use fees" are paid at the required *tier* in arears, but the prerequisite (generally-speaking) is that you must be a premium subscriber, which is pre-paid. The only exception is the loop-hole of purchasing for group, which is an edge-case and that is often several people contributing to the group (who must be premium subscribers)

So let us call that one a draw :)

I agree about the gift's In the really old days Lindens gave full perms stuff away. Then their Linden Bears were no-mod, no-copy (which added collector's value, I suppose) - but those old time Lindens are long gone, the new ones are not of the same mind-set that it was all share and share alike to anyone and everyone. Whether the Moles set their stuff to no-modify as by choice or by dictation from LL is the real curiosity here. If by choice to they can take their junk and go jump in the lake. If by dictation then I can only wonder "WTF WHY, LL?". (That stuff, I imagine, would be hardly worth the effort and risk of copying by whatever means and throwing it around for fee to everyone, most are hardly worth paying L$ for.)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I remember the rail car! That was fun, and so was the plane they gave us one time. They should consider doing more vehicles since they seem to generate a lot of excitement (or that's how I remember it).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

*There must have been a Mod perm cabin prefab in the past year or so; I remember unlinking bits in search of what part(s) inflated its Land Impact score

The 'Winter Cabin" from the Winter Swaginator hunt.  It is 18 objects with a land impact of 100 when linked and 107 when unlinked -- and the snow added another 34 LI to it. 

It was a cute little cabin - too bad it is pretty much unusable.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, Alyona Su said:

Linden Lab has *always* been prepayemnt for everuthing since the beginning. Not prepaying for something is getting it on credit. Wiould you trust us to pay for something SL after using it? I wouldn't. We deserve no "prize" - that, to me, is entitlement attitude of the most high. (I'm sure you were just venting LOL) - and I see that it was already clarified that you do not have to prepay anything with regard to the higher tier of Premium.

I was answerring the OP who was wondering if they should prepay the current year to keep the $72 price when they may go with the higher tier; they weren't sure about any upgrade ability or cost. I was using my own strategy as an example. :)

I wasn't saying an actual prize for prepayment. What I meant was since we were prepaying so far in advance with the current price before it goes up, when they have the Super Premium, those of us that are currently annual premium members that did prepay at the current price before the hike should be the super premium peeps. Then, go from there, after super, then regular premium, etc, each with different perks. 

I did prepay, I was originally quarterly, I changed to yearly since I was due then they had this prepay so I paid another year so I actually paid for 2 years so I'm good till 2021. 

Edited by Victorianna Writer

5 minutes ago, Victorianna Writer said:

I wasn't saying an actual prize for prepayment. What I meant was since we were prepaying so far in advance with the current price before it goes up, when they have the Super Premium, those of us that are currently annual premium members that did prepay at the current price before the hike should be the super premium peeps. Then, go from there, after super, then regular premium, etc, each with different perks. 

I did prepay, I was originally quarterly, I changed to yearly since I was due then they had this prepay so I paid another year so I actually paid for 2 years so I'm good till 2021. 

Okay, I get it. Though that wouldn;t be wise from a business perspective; all current 35k+ would get the new tier (and price would go up anyway) - then everything else would be like starting over again. Strictly from a business perspective, they're doing it correctly. Though, yes: we can all dream. :)

On 6/8/2019 at 6:26 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

undo when editing prims is a thing, but once you delete or take a prim, that data is gone and there is no way for the region to know this new thing is actually that previous thing you removed. The thing you put back in world is .. a brand new thing.

Holy freaking carp!!!!

How did I NEVER notice undo before

❤️

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:58 PM, Victorianna Writer said:

When I joined we had our 512 they gave us as premiums then they upped it to 1012, I never did get my other 512 did anyone else? Did they do something then that I missed?

Look under the Account Summary on your dashboard. Near the bottom it will show your Land Holdings. A premium account with an old 512 Linden home but no other land should have 1024 in Allowed holdlings, 512 in Current holdings and 512 as Available for purchase.

The extra 512 can be used to cover or help with tier elsewhere. You've had it all the while, but it hasn't been used.

33 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Look under the Account Summary on your dashboard. Near the bottom it will show your Land Holdings. A premium account with an old 512 Linden home but no other land should have 1024 in Allowed holdlings, 512 in Current holdings and 512 as Available for purchase.

The extra 512 can be used to cover or help with tier elsewhere. You've had it all the while, but it hasn't been used.

Mine shows 512 was used out of 1024 but then it shows there's none available to use. And I never did use my other 512.

So I just made my alt premium I got the offer to extend till 2021. Im kicking myself for not reverting this avis account to basic before renewing the membership. This avi is covered till 2020 while the alt gets the offer to 2021 (thats super premium to me 2 years no worries lol). I'll just uppercut my ownself I think. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

So I just made my alt premium I got the offer to extend till 2021. Im kicking myself for not reverting this avis account to basic before renewing the membership. This avi is covered till 2020 while the alt gets the offer to 2021 (thats super premium to me 2 years no worries lol). I'll just uppercut my ownself I think. 🤦‍♂️

you made your alt premium AFTER the premium prepay offer became live (4th June or so)? AND got an option to renew for the lower rate for another year?

IF SO, that makes me very unhappy about the advice I received from LIVECHAT on 5th or 6th June...image.gif.b40c535613933a40306083b517a4a7a3.gif - this is what i posted in the New Premium price increases and this Oldbie thread on 6th June: 

"image.gif.b40c535613933a40306083b517a4a7a3.gifI asked one of the Live Chat people about doing this. I was told that if I upgraded an alt to premium now, the option to buy a second year would not be available. If I had upgraded the alt to premium BEFORE the prepay option became available (last Monday), I could have - but not any longer. Emma"

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

you made your alt premium AFTER the premium prepay offer became live (4th June or so)? AND got an option to renew for the lower rate for another year?

IF SO, that makes me very unhappy about the advice I received from LIVECHAT on 5th or 6th June...image.gif.b40c535613933a40306083b517a4a7a3.gif - this is what i posted in the New Premium price increases and this Oldbie thread on 6th June: 

"image.gif.b40c535613933a40306083b517a4a7a3.gifI asked one of the Live Chat people about doing this. I was told that if I upgraded an alt to premium now, the option to buy a second year would not be available. If I had upgraded the alt to premium BEFORE the prepay option became available (last Monday), I could have - but not any longer. Emma"

I can confirm my alt has the offer sitting there and has only been premium for a hour or so. I've not got the funds to extend to 2021 just yet but I will before the 20th. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ananoelle said:

I can confirm my alt has the offer sitting there and has only been premium for a hour or so. I've not got the funds to extend to 2021 just yet but I will before the 20th. 

Thank you. Also for the actual screenshot.

I presume I cannot post a screenshot of LiveChat here?

The LiveChat person I talked to even went to check the information... it's worrying if even their supervisors don't get it right.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Thank you. Also for the actual screenshot.

I presume I cannot post a screenshot of LiveChat here?

The LiveChat person I talked to even went to check the information... it's worrying if even their supervisors don't get it right.

You're welcome. I'm not sure if you can post the chat here. Maybe without names it would be ok. 

If I were you, I'd submit a ticket with the chat log and my screenshot. Maybe they could help you by rectifying the false information given to do.

• Like 3

About premium gifts: I tried few, soooooooooooo prim heavy and have so bad textures and rustic/old dated design for mine taste. All that makes them not usable for me. 

About new super Linden homes: they are too cramped, it is hard to see inside, your cam gets thrown into walls all time, design of rooms isnt decorating friendly. I found only 2 of them more or less usable IF i could take away some inner walls. Like you all know adding isnt problem with Linden houses but taking away is impossible now. Also I cant move house position on plot and most of them are put not best positions. That wasnt problem with old houses bc thous doesnt have garden but will be problem with new houses.So as long as i can i will keep mine old Linden house what i have remodeled from inside and nice small plot of mainland what is part of bigger garden.

About perks what should new super premiums have: /here is mine wishes, i know they never come true but.../

- tabs for groups, so i can sort them. We all know that there are groups what have dif. meanings to us.  Shopping groups, activity groups, land/family groups, event/artist groups, aso.I even dont want names for tabs, numbers are enough.

- For annual members possibility to claim house on place , not by dashboard only. So you can walk to empty house and claim it on place where you like, not be thrown to random place and forced to change and change and change until you feel that this is right place. 

- to have not only partner option but options for family members too. Like officially having mom,dad, sisters and brothers.It is ok that feat be for prize.

- for annual premiums to have on rezz day small , like 50L gift card.

- No LQ gifts anymore. Im ok even paying a little, 10-20L, and  get smth what i can use and what beside premiums nobody can have.

- Right on SL roads/waters in rezz points get temporary car, bike or whatever from rezz point sign. You know one what vanishes when you stand up.

- Annual members to have last name, not resident anymore.

ok there is a lot more but.....i think i stop here :D

From what i have read....for me is there now only more groups option in new perks list what i can use, nothing more.

So until now changes means for me - I must pay more next year and thats all.

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/14/2019 at 3:33 AM, Emma Krokus said:

Hello! I just wanted to stop in for a moment and apologize that you recieved some wrong information from another Linden! I will work with the team to ensure that hopefully does not happen again. However, allow me to clarify, if you buy your premium membership before the time runs out to pre-pay, you can also make use of the pre-pay option.

I hope that clears it up for you, and anyone else who might have been confused.

• Thanks 10

3 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hello! I just wanted to stop in for a moment and apologize that you recieved some wrong information from another Linden! I will work with the team to ensure that hopefully does not happen again. However, allow me to clarify, if you buy your premium membership before the time runs out to pre-pay, you can also make use of the pre-pay option.

I hope that clears it up for you, and anyone else who might have been confused.

Thank you Tommy:)

Emma :) 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.