If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Personally, based on the landscaping and other work that is still to be done, I'm sticking with my original projection of a release near the end of SL16B or just after.

My money's on this too. Judging by the progress over the past couple of weeks I doubt very much there will be anything released this week (unless they release just the first lot of homes at the top which appear finished - but I'm not so sure about that)**. It also depends on whether the rest of that coastline will be included in the batch release or if that will include the new themed homes (you can see the complete coastline on the SSP map). If it is then it will take a few more weeks I think, I'd guess at 2-4 weeks if not then 'sooner' :) And Patch said in the stickied post

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!

which could be interpreted as saying they will be released at the same time as the launch of the next theme. So again that would mean after SL16B (plus they will not have to share resources with SL16B event as they already said they are having to do, so it would speed up the rollout I would guess).

**OR...(after thinking about it) that statement does mean a much smaller launch which could be those regions which appear finished and have names, about 4 or 5 of them I think, so just before or around start of  SLB16 , and then a bigger launch of  more houses and houseboats alongside a new theme (longer after SL16B)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Since we have already seen the new themed homes on the SSP map and since the landscaping matches what we could see of the new preview area at SL16B -- it would be LOGICAL to ASSUME  (lol) that the new themed area would go on that mountainous region SSPE84 and the sims adjacent.  Perhaps another style or more traditional homes would go where there are still roads.   That's my best guess. 

image.png.76da0cefe4c1bd22ca8622925380412f.png

The SL16B preview sim was removed over a week ago and the map now show emptiness (this I am GUESSING because folks were taking photos of the new homes and posting them somewhere).   But  there are some map screenshots over on the SSP thread.  

I am also guessing (hoping) that the new themed plots will be released alongside the traditionals and houseboats.  That would make for a larger release and more than a ten minute window to get a plot. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

perhaps the theme could be more cottage-y. Like 4 different styles of cottage, from log cabin thru weatherboard to stone - so is not as samey as the houseboats or traditionals

WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE  IT ,,,,,, 

• Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 11:07 PM, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Don't forget Mackinaw/Mackinac, Gratiot, and whatever language the UP uses.

Don't forget Dequindre !  lol

( Mack-i-naw.  And 'Gra' the A like in apple, and 'tiot; would get filtered  LOL)

Edited by Gryphon Ronas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Why are you assuming that all premium account holders would WANT a Linden Home?

I'm not assuming all premium account holders would want a Linden Home... The fact is that SL advertises that having your own your Linden Home (if you so choose) is part of the perks of having a Premium member acct, otherwise it's false advertising. Why pay for a Premium acct if the options you were sold on are restricted because supply's limited? That's not the member's fault for believing the ad. That's the seller's fault (Linden) for selling something they don't have. In RL, when someone sells you something that they don't actually have -- I believe that's called Theft, or at the very least -- it's a scam.

Edited by crypticzynergy
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, crypticzynergy said:

I'm not assuming all premium account holders would want a Linden Home... The fact is that SL advertises that having your own your Linden Home (if you so choose) is part of the perks of having a Premium member acct, otherwise it's false advertising. Why pay for a Premium acct if the options you were sold on are restricted because supply's limited? That's not the member's fault for believing the ad. That's the seller's fault (Linden) for selling something they don't have. In RL, when someone sells you something that they don't actually have -- I believe that's called Theft, or at the very least -- it's a scam.

The key words here are Linden Home, not New Style of Linden Home. So there is no scam happening.

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, crypticzynergy said:

in real life they have to offer you an equal or a greater value item. they do have those.

27 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:

The key words here are Linden Home, not New Style of Linden Home. So there is no scam happening.

In that regard, that's true -- there's no actual promises made as to what kind of house will be made available, just that there will be one available. I stand corrected on that part. :)

But the fact remains that they advertise that you can have your own Linden Home, not that they are only providing it to a select few out of all other Premium members. I was merely responding to the question of, "Why are you assuming that all premium account holders would WANT a Linden Home?" -- I don't assume all would want one; I don't see how a limited supply means everyone wants one. But I do expect the option to have one as part of the perks for premium membership... Just as I could care less if people have more than 1 premium account and obtain a Linden home with all of those accts/alts. As far as I'm concerned, they paid for all those premium alts -- the perks apply to them too.

Personally, I only have 1 premium (but 2 freebie alts)... And as much as I like the new linden homes, I'm not too worried about other people having one per alt. (They wanna pay for it, that's on them.)

Edited by crypticzynergy
I meant to delete that statement; I had said in the previous statement that I stand corrected in that regard. :)
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, crypticzynergy said:

But the fact remains that they advertise that you can have your own Linden Home, not that they are only providing it to a select few out of all other Premium members. <snip>  But I do expect the option to have one as part of the perks for premium membership... 

What Jessyca was saying though is that you CAN get a Linden Home right now -- it will just be one of the older Linden Homes.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

in real life they have to offer you an equal or a greater value item. they do have those.

That's subjective. Who determines that the available first gen homes are of equal or greater value than the new ones? You? Linden Labs? Maybe your definition of "equal or greater value" differs from mine. And if you speak of the Linden housing market and comps, well then technically the 1st gen aren't worth much or else you wouldn't have a ton of empty/abandoned ones... But hey, at least they don't look ghetto, compared to the boarded up, abandoned homes in RL. :D 

9 minutes ago, crypticzynergy said:

That's subjective. Who determines that the available first gen homes are of equal or greater value than the new ones? You? Linden Labs? Maybe your definition of "equal or greater value" differs from mine. And if you speak of the Linden housing market and comps, well then technically the 1st gen aren't worth much or else you wouldn't have a ton of empty/abandoned ones... But hey, at least they don't look ghetto, compared to the boarded up, abandoned homes in RL. :D 

If i was in charge i would evict whoever is still left on those regions and move them to others. I am not a fan of abandoning things neither but Linden Lab loves it. Those empty linden homes elsewere are costing them money, same money they are struggling getting from you and me.

1 hour ago, Seba Serpente said:

If i was in charge i would evict whoever is still left on those regions and move them to others. I am not a fan of abandoning things neither but Linden Lab loves it. Those empty linden homes elsewere are costing them money, same money they are struggling getting from you and me.

Thankfully you're not in charge, that's a terrible idea.

• Like 9

I just gave up my Bellisseria home, and moved into an older Linden place. Lots of reasons, but one was letting someone else have the Belli experience. I'll do something else for a while then maybe head back once the crazy refreshing has died down :)

There are more people back in the old Linden continent than I remember. Maybe displaced new premium members?

It was really nice to see the Belli house taken up, and I hope the new person enjoys the place.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
clarity
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I just gave up my Bellisseria home, and moved into an older Linden place. Lots of reasons, but one was letting someone else have the Belli experience. I'll do something else for a while then maybe head back once the crazy refreshing has died down :)

There are more people back in the old Linden continent than I remember. Maybe displaced new premium members?

It was really nice to see the Belli house taken up, and I hope the new person enjoys the place.

I just wrote a long post on another thread about more people giving up their (mostly first gen) homes.  It does seem to be a trend. I am sticking around awhile. I hope you get to return to a more pleasant atmosphere and even prettier abodes in the future. And I am sure the person now in your home is VERY happy to have it!  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

There are total of four separate old Linden homes continents. I just checked from the map - all of them still have scattered green dots (i.e. avatars) there.
Anyway, at any time of day it appears that there are a lot more unoccupied houses than occupied ones.

(I had my earlier fully furnished home in Linden Homes - Old 3 continent's Orev region. I liked that home a lot, but surely I like Bellisseria home much more because of the nice landscaping of the continent.)

2019-07-12_Linden-homes-1.thumb.jpg.eba7920fdc25187981831f29dfe04849.jpg

Here's a closeup of Linden Homes - Old 1 continent:
2019-07-12_Linden-homes-2.thumb.jpg.de75eb0ffa4a6d2a82f77e5190fa0167.jpg

It looks like the Linden Homes - Old 1 continent is the biggest one. Others are just copies of it (not even including all regions from it).

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

There are total of four separate old Linden homes continents. I just checked from the map - all of them still have scattered green dots (i.e. avatars) there.
Anyway, at any time of day it appears that there are a lot more unoccupied houses than occupied ones.

(I had my earlier fully furnished home in Linden Homes - Old 3 continent's Orev region. I liked that home a lot, but surely I like Bellisseria home much more because of the nice landscaping of the continent.)re's 

lots of my friends never used their homes for more than unpacking or dressing - to get a better estimate on the actual need count the ratio of claimed parcels in the old continents.

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

That's been my experience of Bellisseria also, and is what I'd expect.

I just zoomed out my mini map to the Max in the old continent and counted 13 other bodies. For uk lunchtime that surprises me (just went up to 20 while I was typing)

Bizarrely that's similar or more to the number of bodies I used to expect in Belli at  the same time.

My bit is 04 on your map (I was vague before because my main map loads so slowly at times I hadn't checked)

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.