If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Fortunately they are smart enough to not do that.

The inflation that would follow would not be fun.  Odds are that your buying power with the new "massive" stipend would be less than before it.

Stipend was higher once before and they allowed people to retain the higher rate when it levelled at 300 Lindens, so who knows they might rinse and repeat. 

Wishful thinking I realise but would have me seriously considering keeping all my alts whereas more 'fluff' and at least 3 would go.

21 minutes ago, Sergio Cosmos said:

Stipend was higher once before and they allowed people to retain the higher rate when it levelled at 300 Lindens, so who knows they might rinse and repeat. 

Wishful thinking I realise but would have me seriously considering keeping all my alts whereas more 'fluff' and at least 3 would go.

Also for me it would only be interesting if the plot size, the land impact or the stipends would be increased.
And I don't believe that the latter MUST be accompanied by inflation.

>>Grumpity Linden
Posted Tuesday at 01:16 AM

1) We've decided we are able to continue offering Quarterly premium payment options to new signups for several more months, until we are ready to unveil the new SuperDuperPremium plan.<<

So in a few months, we'll know more. ;)

2 hours ago, AngieRath said:

>>Grumpity Linden
Posted Tuesday at 01:16 AM

1) We've decided we are able to continue offering Quarterly premium payment options to new signups for several more months, until we are ready to unveil the new SuperDuperPremium plan.<<

So in a few months, we'll know more. ;)

"Several more months" is quite a bit more than "a few months", at least by my usage of those words - and taking in to account LL's usage of Soon™

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"Several more months" is quite a bit more than "a few months", at least by my usage of those words - and taking in to account LL's usage of Soon™

I know my English isn't perfect. I guess I just don't understand some of them properly. hehe

Thank you :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

I know my English isn't perfect. I guess I just don't understand some of them properly. hehe

In RL (or at least, in my house) the difference between those two words is debated among native English speakers as well. :)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

Most of us guess at how much is meant when using the words 'few, some, several, many' - though most writings do say that they refer to an increasing number in that order listed.

• Like 3

Some people (myself included) even use 'a couple' in place of 'a few' or 'some'.

Maybe something to do with being from the midwest and corrupting all levels of English.  Cripes, my state has Saline (pronounced Sa-leen) or Milan (pronounced Mylan).  We don't know how to words lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

the words 'few, some, several, many'

These are nearly meaningless when used to denote a given time as they mean so many things to so many different people. Gimme a number please :P Might as well just say soon!!!!

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, Adrianna McArdle said:

Some people (myself included) even use 'a couple' in place of 'a few' or 'some'.

Maybe something to do with being from the midwest and corrupting all levels of English.  Cripes, my state has Saline (pronounced Sa-leen) or Milan (pronounced Mylan).  We don't know how to words lol.

Don't forget Mackinaw/Mackinac, Gratiot, and whatever language the UP uses.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adrianna McArdle said:

I was gonna include Ypsilanti, Bois Blanc, Charlevoix, and Sault St. Marie (as well as Mackinac), but those are not English names to begin with lol.

I used to live in Charlevoix! I remember talking with my insurance company on the phone and the CSR was confirming my address something like this (real street not given):

"Okay, so you're at 1234 That Street....NotEvenGoingToTryIt, <zip>?"

I could not stop laughing.

(for those curious, it's pronounced Char-Leh-Voy)

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh

Lol I just spent like a half hour explaining to a friend about Mackinaw, Mackinac, and Fort Michilimackinac because she's going there for the first time (I live in AZ now haha).  Also it took me forever to start pronouncing things less French and more Spanish when I moved here (ie Pinchot is not "pin-choe", and Estrella is "Ess-tray-eh").

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whenever I see the word 'soon' used by a company I always, always think of:

"Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

They even have a whole timeline, and meaning of each!

Now<---------Kaplan Very Soon---------Soonerino---------Very Soon---------Soon---------Very Soon-ish---------Soon-ish---------Soonish...er--------->End of Time

Maybe companies in California just have different definitions from everyone else 

Edited by Sergio Cosmos
added timeline
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sergio Cosmos said:

"Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

That's brilliant 🤣. Should be in every software company's terms of service lol

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To me, they can mean about the same: 'at least 2 or more.' Although I'm inclined to say 'few' inherently denotes 'not too many,' whereas 'several', overall, feels more generous, as far as the amount is concerned. When someone asks me when my Windlass is done, and I tell them "It's going to take at least several months," then I'm ere thinking 3-6 than strictly only 2. But I'm not a native speaker, so what do I know?! 😛

6 hours ago, Sergio Cosmos said:

Now<---------Kaplan Very Soon---------Soonerino---------Very Soon---------Soon---------Very Soon-ish---------Soon-ish---------Soonish...er--------->End of Time

Maybe companies in California just have different definitions from everyone else 

Lmao! Glad I am not the  only one that thinks of Blizzard when they see Soon lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sergio Cosmos said:

Recently Patch moved the time clock up to 'Soonish'.  I'm betting a whole lot of people hope he isn't going by the above Soon™ Timeline

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Recently Patch moved the time clock up to 'Soonish'.  I'm betting a whole lot of people hope he isn't going by the above Soon™ Timeline

ewww, to me that would mean "not so soon".  (but I'd rather they take their sweet time & come up with something stupendous anyway) 

53 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

ewww, to me that would mean "not so soon".  (but I'd rather they take their sweet time & come up with something stupendous anyway) 

I agree that to me going from "soon" to "soonish" is NOT  "moving up" as LittleMe said.   Since the clock seems to be rotating and you can't actually change the hands (my take on a visual inspection only) I am wondering why the new "soonish" is being coincided by some as "right away in a couple of days" when that doesn't seem very likely with all that is left to do.  

So my question to @LittleMe Jewell  is WHAT am I missing that makes "soonish" faster than "soon"? Are there any other  hints  by the clock that I missed?   I am guessing it is just that folks wanted the timeline to move closer - LOL.  And THAT I get. 

Whatever,  it is looking very nice over there. 

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So my question to @LittleMe Jewell  is WHAT am I missing that makes "soonish" faster than "soon"? Are there any other  hints  by the clock that I missed?   I am guessing it is just that folks wanted the timeline to move closer - LOL.  And THAT I get. 

I don't think you are missing anything at all and I'm not even sure if Patch considers "soonish" to be closer than "soon" or farther away.  His comment in the SSP thread was simply "Raise the Soon-O-Meter level to: Soonish™", but what that actually means, only he knows.  I honestly don't even remember if he had even said "soon" prior to that.

I was simply commenting that I image that those semi-patiently waiting folks are likely hoping that Patch's "Soonish" is not using the above Soon timeline (posted by Sergio above), since many seem to be thinking that the "Soonish" comment is implying really, really soon, and yet 'soonish' on that timeline is way far away.

Personally, based on the landscaping and other work that is still to be done, I'm sticking with my original projection of a release near the end of SL16B or just after.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Soon™-O-Meter is based off of a conversation that happened in Bellisseria Citizens chat a few weeks ago. I jokingly rattled off Patch's versions of Soon™ as: Someday™, Eventually™, In the Near Future™, Soon™, Soonish™, and then Really Very Soon-ish™(this one I forgot at first and he reminded me about it, but I am not going to possibly break TOS repeating the conversation). Patch mused that someone should make a meter and North did and put at at the Queen's Head Pub :)

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
I didnt clarify he who
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.