If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From my many experiences in life, the biggest things that have stood out to me are:

You can't expect others to see things how you do

You can't force your morals and values on another person 

You need to pick your battles 

------

So, if someone has 10 premium accounts and they want 10 houses, they are entitled to them. Period. No matter how we view that as right or wrong. The debate of the "morals" of it all will not change the LL premium agreement. It's up to them to police the Premium agreements. 

Life is too short to get all up in arms over something that does not affect our rl and none of our business of how many premium accounts that someone has.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

This again?

Sigh...

Sooo... let me guess? Let's all get our sickles and go in a witch hunt of sorts right?

Look, that guy doesn't have enough trafic in his parcel! Away with him.

And there! That other completely unknown person doesn't have any prims in his parcels! Begone with him!

That one does have 6 LI in his parcel, so that's a completely different case. He is worthy to stay!

See where this is going?

You will have people judging others without knowing the truth behind why their parcel aren't used enough as per your personal opinion.

Worst: we already have people "checking" other people's parcels, in order to see how many prims are there, how much trafic, existence of a skybox, etc... 

And somehow, this kind of behavior is supposed to "bring us together as a community"?

Really?

I.love.you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What got me worried is that we gonna see these "new theme" houses soon and that people who already got houses gonna be fighting for those ones too, as they is new and shiny. We should have waiting list, so folks who missed out the first time not gonna have to fight with those who was already fortunate.

What lindens should be saying is "ok, so you missed out, but that means you is first to get new theme homes that we working on". But what they actually saying is "you missed out....and you probably gonna miss out again, ah well, dat a shame".

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

What got me worried is that we gonna see these "new theme" houses soon and that people who already got houses gonna be fighting for those ones too, as they is new and shiny. We should have waiting list, so folks who missed out the first time not gonna have to fight with those who was already fortunate.

What lindens should be saying is "ok, so you missed out, but that means you is first to get new theme homes that we working on". But what they actually saying is "you missed out....and you probably gonna miss out again, ah well, dat a shame".

Better watch out the 5+ alt users might post reaction gifs in anger to your post.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

If you don't have a house already you have nothing to lose - someone who already has a new house or houseboat has to give up the old one before they can try for a newer one and risk ending up with nothing.

• Like 2

My plan is to reroll a new house every few months, just for a change of scenery and to keep it fresh.

But that's going to have to wait till things have settled down and I would feel confident that upon dropping one location, I would be able to secure another.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, Marsellus Walcott said:

This again?

Sigh...

Sooo... let me guess? Let's all get our sickles and go in a witch hunt of sorts right?

And there! That other completely unknown person doesn't have any prims in his parcels! Begone with him!

That one does have 6 LI in his parcel, so that's a completely different case. He is worthy to stay!

See where this is going?

You will have people judging others without knowing the truth behind why their parcel aren't used enough as per your personal opinion.

Worst: we already have people "checking" other people's parcels, in order to see how many prims are there, how much trafic, existence of a skybox, etc... 

And somehow, this kind of behavior is supposed to "bring us together as a community"?

Really?

Amen to that.

--------------------------------

I dont log in often, but I read forum every week and the last events here are really disturbing. More and more topics about "Lets to tell people how they should live their SL and how they should use their Premium benefits they paid for". I could not believe my eyes to see Teager to make almost apology for opening the houseboat bar FOR PUBLIC, it went really so far?

It slowly gives impression that tolerance and respect to others became "forgotten arts". How sad. Especially when you talk about COMMUNITY. 

If you people so need to be in the control and create rules for others, builds yourself residential sim and community around it. Put your own money and effort into it, find your own customers who would want to buy what you sell  - do not try to "conquer" what Linden Lab sells as THEIRS (not yours) Premium perk. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 5/18/2019 at 3:02 AM, Marsellus Walcott said:

This again?

Sigh...

See where this is going?

Really?

Must be very stressful keeping track of other people's parcels. I'd rather spend my time enjoying SL and the new community. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you don't have a house already you have nothing to lose - someone who already has a new house or houseboat has to give up the old one before they can try for a newer one and risk ending up with nothing.

Bit of a pedantic nitpick, I know, but that's not entirely how economics work. What those of us without a new LL home stand to lose, at each new release round, is the renewed opportunity cost of not having a new home yet. Basically, we're burning up Premium fees, not for nothing per se, as you get plenty other benefits with Premium (if only being able to feel good about yourself, knowing you're supporting SL), but nonetheless missing out on a major new perk.

And pardon me if I don't feel too much sympathy for those who might wind up losing their current houseboat, should they go for an even newer home. 😛

Btw, I don't think that those currently without a new LL home should get some sort of priority, next time. Nevertheless, it worries me some, that Patch said the next batch of houseboats will be even smaller (in favor of a batch of something as of yet undisclosed). That new thing may actually be very good, but still rendering that window for getting a houseboat rather short. We will see what the future brings, I suppose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

it worries me some, that Patch said the next batch of houseboats will be even smaller (in favor of a batch of something as of yet undisclosed). That new thing may actually be very good, but still rendering that window for getting a houseboat rather short.

Every since the new Linden Homes were first mentioned, it had been said that there would be multiple themes of living - just like in the the older LL homes.  When the older homes came out, there were themes that were filled quicker than others and thus sometimes people had to wait a while to get a particular home style.  

It is very likely that the houseboats will be high demand for quite a while and that there will never be a surplus of them - and that does not mean that LL should always keep creating more of them. 

When the newer themes come out, there will be people that like them more than their traditional house or houseboat and so they will relinquish their current location and move to the new area, thereby freeing up a traditional house or a houseboat for someone else. By the same token, some of the ones waiting for a traditional house or a houseboat may opt to try one of the new themes and find that they like it more than they thought and ultimately be happy. There are folks that that originally wanted only a houseboat, but got a house and found that they like their house enough to stay in it - and ditto with people that ended up in a houseboat when they initially wanted a house.

So yeah, you may not get a houseboat for a long, long time - but you might get something else that you actually like and end up make a wonderful home out of it.

• Like 7

I have two houses one houseboat & another traditional fully decorated. The houseboat I use to take friends and the traditional house to be alone and quiet. I think there is nothing wrong with it. Bad is my neighbors who have their houses totally abandoned empty that if it is selfishness.

11 minutes ago, SLliny said:

I have two houses one houseboat & another traditional fully decorated. The houseboat I use to take friends and the traditional house to be alone and quiet. I think there is nothing wrong with it. Bad is my neighbors who have their houses totally abandoned empty that if it is selfishness.

I was in agreement with you until you passed judgment on how your neighbors use their homes. They are not required to furnish them or hang out in them, just like you are not required to have only one home. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was in agreement with you until you passed judgment on how your neighbors use their homes. They are not required to furnish them or hang out in them, just like you are not required to have only one home. 

It is what I think because they are occupying a house that someone else could enjoy it. It is not obligatory to furnish it and live it but it is selfishness. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SLliny said:

It is what I think because they are occupying a house that someone else could enjoy it. It is not obligatory to furnish it and live it but it is selfishness. 

And some will say the same about people who have more than one home. *shrug*

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SLliny said:

Perhaps they are using it and you're just not aware.  They could be using it as an unpacking area and a dressing room with parcel privacy turned on, neither use requiring furnishings to be placed.   That is one of the uses that people found for the old LH's, so it makes sense that some will continue to use the new LH's for that purpose, especially since LL has said that they will be phasing out and removing the old LH areas (requiring at some point, that people move out of them).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SLliny said:

empty is perhaps selfish, but with your attitude 3 is greedy and egoistic .. oh wait... a mirror...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Perhaps they are using it and you're just not aware.  They could be using it as an unpacking area and a dressing room with parcel privacy turned on, neither use requiring furnishings to be placed.   That is one of the uses that people found for the old LH's, so it makes sense that some will continue to use the new LH's for that purpose, especially since LL has said that they will be phasing out and removing the old LH areas (requiring at some point, that people move out of them).

Good points. They may also have a skybox just STUFFED with furnishings. Even NAUGHTY ONES, maybe!! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:55 PM, SLliny said:

You have two homes but as both are furnished and you can 'justify' to yourself why you need two that's not selfish, in your opinion.  I have four premium accounts, have never had a LH and could enjoy your second home so how about you give that up?  Yeah I didn't think so.

If people have more than one LH, and this is including you, good luck to them.  However, if someone has a premium account and lives by LL's rules why do you care how they use the home they pay for? 

Edited by Sergio Cosmos
  • Like 5

On 5/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, SLliny said:

It's funny how these threads work: people tell you it's not obligatory to live in your Linden home, or to furnish it a certain way, or to do this or that with it, but then proceed to lay a huge judgment on your shoulders all the same. Thing is, these are people's rightful homes: they themselves get to decide what to do with them, so 'selfishness' indeed, in the strict sense of self-determination. Which means ppl are not beholden to tell you their reasons for doing things. Like currently my LL home is empty: I am taking some measurements for a recreation project (so furniture got in the way a bit, hence I temporarily derezzed the scene). But I'm almost falling into the trap of trying to justify what I'm doing with it. Simple truth of the matter is, that I owe you NO explanation of any kind; and you yourself have no way of knowing why it's currently empty (short of me just having told you, to make a point). And I suspect this is the case for most homes you encounter: you're not just passing by, but passing judgment. And I don't like it.

• Like 6

I think the OPs suggestion is a very nice one (and the original Mole's suggestion), and I see where she's coming from, i.e. in the interest of fostering community. I applaud that.👍

I would certainly not agree that to do otherwise, as suggested by others (not the OP), is selfish. If someone has multiple premium accounts they are entitled to multiple linden homes - they have paid for them, it's part of the package that LL gives to each premium member. Why should they be denied that when they have paid for it?

Do I wish there wasn't the current 'shortage' - yes , definitely, the sense of missing out and 'unfairness' is a real one for some members who can't get one yet and I understand why they feel like that. But the shortage (temporary) is not premium members fault, that's LL's fault. No-one should be made to feel selfish by not giving up a LL home. If we were talking about food and water in RL, well I might have a different opinion. But we are not talking about survival, we are talking about a virtual home!

And every one is entitled to do with their home  as they please, it's no one else's business (unless it's breaking the covenant or something which makes neighbour's lives a misery).

There have been lots of comments about empty homes, criticism of members not using them etc.  I personally find it hard to understand how anyone can make that judgement since they have absolutely no idea why that home is empty! They could be empty for any of the following reasons:

• not had the time yet due to RL commitments and responsibilities (not everyone is in SL everyday)
  • waiting for a friend to help decorate
  • using a skybox for now
  • taking time to think about how they want to decorate it
  • others I probably haven't thought of

And even if it's none of the above, so what? They have paid to have that land and home and they can leave it or enjoy how they wish. It's not up to them to provide plots for other residents, that's LL's job. If they want to help with that, that's great.

To give one up is in my view an extremely generous thing to do, and hats off to anyone that has done that!👍 I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion, it's a great one and I think good to throw it out there for people to consider. If I had multiple homes I would give one up (unfortunately I don't). But for those that haven't....that's perfectly fine too!! No one should try and make you feel bad about that.

No LL homes gatekeeping here please!😊

Just my opinion:)

• Like 5

We all do what we think is good. If I do not like something, then it's neither better nor worse than what I do. It's just different.
Diversity, a bit of chaos, that is what constitutes humanity, enjoy and admire it.

I do not have a house on Bellisseria yet. But that's ok. I did not had a house on Bellissiera for the last 11 years. I will get one in a few days, weeks or months. I admire the area, what others create and enjoy.
LL builds something nice here and that takes time. I like watching the continent grow and be awakened.

I am basically curious and I hope it does not bother anyone if I stop here and there and take a closer look before moving on my skateboard. If I roll past you, maybe you'll say hello and wave.

Life is wonderful, people are wonderful. We are all different and that's a good thing.

• Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.