If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The Lindens have said here in the forums that there will be a super premium option offered... soon. ;)

This begs the question: When I upgrade to a full year of extra Premium (at the old rate), and want to upgrade to Super-Duper Premium in a month or so, how will that work, rates-wise?!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

This begs the question: When I upgrade to a full year of extra Premium (at the old rate), and want to upgrade to Super-Duper Premium in a month or so, how will that work, rates-wise?!

Grumpity said that when the time comes, we will be allowed to upgrade and they will take into account what we have paid under our current extra year plans. It's somewhere in that huge thread if you have an hour or so to spare and feel adventurous. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Should have been a little more clear... lol! I actually do know what "gratis" means, but thank you for explaining the rest! Since I've always really just rented except for my little Linden Home, I've never really been clear about all the different options/versions of land. 

Oh, certainly - and that explanation was also for other readers because your comment made me also remember: not everyone here would know what that means unless they were amazingly fluent in English (many native native English speakers aren't clear on its meaning)  :)

So, to phrase my comment differently: Charging more than $130-$150 means they'd have a hard-sell - genuine value for that. Something like the lowest-end version of our own private region, like the Open Space region, normally used for all water or forest, but could easily suffice as a single "residence" home or decent private sandbox, etc. And they are "cheap" to run (like what, 25 to simulator server?) :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Grumpity said that when the time comes, we will be allowed to upgrade and they will take into account what we have paid under our current extra year plans. It's somewhere in that huge thread if you have an hour or so to spare and feel adventurous. lol

Good to know. :) Thx.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's almost as if we all find different things important... lol! I don't even know what gratis open-space region is so it's probably not something I care about or need, and ditto with the name change ability thingie.

For me, I want EVEN MORE GROUP SLOTS, and a Super-Sized Bellisseria (or similar concept continent) with more LI. 

I can think about only ONE thing that could lure me into a "Super Premium Acount": If they offered you to CHOOSE among all the available not occupied homes - which by then should be quite a number!! - instead of rolling the dice!

• Like 2

Give me a 2048 double prim parcel in Bellisseria .. I'd jump on that faster than a melting snowball in hell speeding bullet mouse eating cheese.... well fast. I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for it though. But I'm easily tempted. :D 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Give me a 2048 double prim parcel in Bellisseria .. I'd jump on that faster than a melting snowball in hell speeding bullet mouse eating cheese.... well fast. I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for it though. But I'm easily tempted. :D 

They would have to make sure everyone who wants one can get one... 

The Uber-Premium perk should also be something tempting but new... doubeling existing features of Nautilus City, Bay City, Kama City and Horizons would lead to people doing that horrible math thing and going for the cheaper option.

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

doubeling existing features of Nautilus City, Bay City, Kama City and Horizons

Those are not Linden Homes. My suggestion is specifically in relation to Linden Homes. I don't care to live in regular mainland ever again. If they offered it for the areas you mentioned I would not be tempted in the least to pay extra for that super duper premium account.

Also, the only thing that ever really temps me to pay extra is prims. I don't need anymore new features. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

On existing Regions this might be a problem, as they're probably already filled to capacity (taking into account everyone will use their full 350 prim). But on a new Bellisseria plot, I'll take it. :)

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

On existing Regions this might be a problem, as they're probably already filled to capacity (taking into account everyone will use their full 350 prim). But on a new Bellisseria plot, I'll take it. :)

I'm not really even saying it has to be on Bellisseria. What it does need to be is set up the same way with the uniqueness, attractive landscaping, and neighborhood feeling with an enforceable covenant. Or make Bellisseria bigger with a mansion district! :P 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

What doesn't interest me in the least is getting a homestead as the perk for the super duper. I have no desire whatsoever for that!

It's fun to see how everyone likes something different. I actually perked up at the idea of a homestead. I rented one for my first couple of years in SL and loved it!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's fun to see how everyone likes something different. I actually perked up at the idea of a homestead. I rented one for my first couple of years in SL and loved it!

I rented one for a year and shared it with two of my friends. It was fun terraforming and playing with terrain textures and elevations but I got bored with it. I just feel much too isolated anytime I've rented private estate lands. I love mainland, double prim mainland or Bellisseria. I don't think I'd use private estate land even if it was given to me free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I still have my homestead. And been having it for years even. :) Can't beat 5,000 prim.

N.B. I think I actually advocated the idea of mini-Regions, like a month ago or so, that act like a Region in the same manner a homestead does (but obviously with less prim). The objection of ppl then was (not necessary against my idea per se), that Linden needs to be careful not to start to compete with their own homestead deals, Super-Duper Premium-wise. And I agreed. But it may very well be that land sales are down to a degree where actual homestead-like mini-Regions mat work out for the better, for them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I rented one for a year and shared it with two of my friends. It was fun terraforming and playing with terrain textures and elevations but I got bored with it. I just feel much too isolated anytime I've rented private estate lands. I love mainland, double prim mainland or Bellisseria. I don't think I'd use private estate land even if it was given to me free.

I love all those as well, and have some of each (including my main home, which actually is a rental in a private estate community)!. But the thing I liked best about the homestead was learning how to terraform and use the other land settings. I met my first Linden there when I clicked on "revert" to see what it would do to the land. I got a mini-scolding from Spike Linden after he did the rollback "Now don't do that again!" lol

9 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I still have my homestead. And been having it for years even. :) Can't beat 5,000 prim.

And THAT was the other thing I loved about a homestead. SO MANY PRIMS. This was in the pre-mesh days too, so that was even more important back then!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't care to live in regular mainland ever again. If they offered it for the areas you mentioned I would not be tempted in the least to pay extra for that super duper premium account.

Also, the only thing that ever really temps me to pay extra is prims. I don't need anymore new features. 

I hope, with the super-duper premium upgrade, LL doubles our land to 2048 and it remains 'free'.  The not too long ago 'free' land increase has turned out to not be quite as free as first thought since premium prices are going up.  If they can't, or won't, do that then I sincerely hope there is a massive increase in stipend.  The only valuable things about a premium account for me is land, stipend and of course chat support on the rare occasion I need it.  The rest of premium benefits I don't care for and have never used.

I am sitting on the fence about how many prem accounts I will keep, since the announcement of the increase in fee.  It is very likely at this point I will just revert to just one and if the premium upgrade doesn't have something of 'value' to me then it will just be a $99 one.

Edited by Sergio Cosmos
Typo error
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I had my own region for years, my close friends lived on and we had a steady stream of new people. The building was awesome.

But my SL got a lot smaller and I became more introverted, something I now struggle to overcome.

IMO, Mainland / Linden Homes for all their sins, limitations and occasional twerp just makes for a happier and better rounded experience overall. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I love all those as well, and have some of each (including my main home, which actually is a rental in a private estate community)!. But the thing I liked best about the homestead was learning how to terraform and use the other land settings. I met my first Linden there when I clicked on "revert" to see what it would do to the land. I got a mini-scolding from Spike Linden after he did the rollback "Now don't do that again!" lol

I rent a homestead from one of the Anshe Chung subsidiaries. They're very decent to me. I asked them to 'bake' the land for me once, when I was done terraforming (and done so 2 more times since, I think). That way, when I press 'revert', it reverts to my own terraforming. :) Before that, I simply used a terraforming backup tool (the precision of those are not to a milimeter, btw).

I love my little homestead. I answer to no one. No HOA to deal with, no griefing, and no lag. :) And most of my skybuilds come with huge 1024m3 surrounds. But... it's also pretty lonely at my Fortress of Solitude. :( If anything, Bellisseria has opened my eyes as to how lonely it has been, really. That's why I love so much to see what ppl did with their homes, beautiful gardens, flowers, bikes, cat-avis, etc. ❤️

I don't really need 5,000 prim any more, in the strictest sense. Ever since I made my own rezzer system, I can do with much less. It comes with landing spots, and auto-rezzes the scene I'm TP-ing to, derezzing just as much as is needed from elsewhere: typically, what's farthest away first (usually skyboxes) for ground builds, and what's nearest for sky boxes. All done fully automagically. So, tl;dr, my true limit is 5,000 prim for a single build. No modern home, however, needs 5,000 LI any more. Largest I ever made was my 'City of Glass' skybox, but that was just because I super-sized a mesh statue to 1,700 prim, LOL, on a floating plateau in the sky. But only because I could, not because the build itself really needed it (it's pretty packed, really, and still less than 400 prim).

So, they start offering smaller Homesteads, for Super-Duper Premium, I might actually trade my old homestead in for that, one day. Who knows.

• Like 7

Budget issues always prevented me from having larger plots in SL but nowadays I feel like I'm 'primmed out' from my time in opensim so I don't have that itch at the moment. 

Maybe a Bellerissia type double sized plot, or a new mainland plot with zoning and active covenant might be a draw some time in the future. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 1:13 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Do you have a link to that thread? Plz and Ty

On 6/14/2019 at 12:22 AM, Sergio Cosmos said:

If they can't, or won't, do that then I sincerely hope there is a massive increase in stipend. 

Fortunately they are smart enough to not do that.

The inflation that would follow would not be fun.  Odds are that your buying power with the new "massive" stipend would be less than before it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Fortunately they are smart enough to not do that.

The inflation that would follow would not be fun.  Odds are that your buying power with the new "massive" stipend would be less than before it.

A bit like when governments print money to make things look good. It comes back to bite them in the bot eventually!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.