Utterly off topic but...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

General Discussion Forum

Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines.

But hah, who are we kidding with the tons of silly forum games being allowed the GD section has become an everything goes madlands in black and white. Or white on Black.

The sonic looks creepy AF.

3 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

General Discussion Forum

Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines.

But hah, who are we kidding with the tons of silly forum games being allowed the GD section has become an everything goes madlands in black and white. Or white on Black.

The sonic looks creepy AF.

Well, that is the subject listed under General Discussion, but the Community Guidelines say (bolding mine):

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Sonic is creepy and all wrong, about as wrong as they could have made him, it's a weird mix of complete artistic failure and the uncanny valley. There is not a single part of him that isn't objectively terrible in some way.

This perfectly sums up how I feel.

image.png.9bbcdb23144778ab29137d58d4f67aed.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, that is the subject listed under General Discussion, but the Community Guidelines say (bolding mine):

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Deja-vu.

"We made a gacha section on the MP but feel free to post your gachas everywhere else, too."

Same thing only in reverse.

That sonic really IS creepy. Holy crap, childhood memories of him thoroughly ruined.

2 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

The film producer should have made him closer to his original design like the manner in which Pikachu appears in the Detective Pikachu movie. Also, Sonic's face looks emotionless most of the time. 

Serial killer waiting to happen I'm telling you.

I actually liked the trailer by the end of it. I am going to remain open minded until I actually see the full movie. Sometimes even if a movie do don't fit your own personal expectations it doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie. Or...it will be awful....

I will say I'm not opposed to watching bad movies, but I do need to know that's what I'm getting into before it starts .. and there is a difference between disappointingly poor (SW TLJ) and hysterically bad (The mario bros movie). Rifftrax / MST3K get a lot of love in this household. 

On 5/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. 

So this is fair game for a detail thread?

This was news to me. Never been interested in arcade stuff. I just watched the trailer...….errrr…..yeah funny I suppose, but I won't be watching that any time soon.

The hedgehog doesn't look real. I know I know, but with today's tech surely it could have been made realistic, given that it plays out in real world...…...

On 5/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, Maryanne Solo said:

Never played a Sonic game, never seen a Jim Carey movie. I'll keep it that way tyvm.

My question to you is how can you hate something you have clearly never given a chance. You don't even know if you would like it to even start hating it. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't think Maryanne said anything about hating either Sonic or Jim Carey.  I don't either, but I don't have a burning desire to watch either one. They're just not high on my must-do list. 😉

I know I know, I was just bored and poking 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.