-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

So after realizing camping life really is NOT my style, but also really liking the land I have my trailer on being it's rather private and has direct lake access, I decided why not turn it into an ice cream store? Let alone the name - Huney Junction 🤗

Still working on it but eventually will give out the SLurl so people can visit and enjoy

Ice Cream You Scream We All Scream For Ice Cream!

That's awesome !!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

I love the little plants by the window, you always pay so much attention to details... The room looks great :)

I think it is much more fun to decorate, I am a sloppy and fast builder. Will try to fix the worst mishaps. It is just too tempting to see how it looks with furniture in.

• Like 1

Someone contacted me inworld yesterday about "getting mesh into SL". She was building with prims and then exporting and couldn't get the  textures to stick. There are of course a fair amount of steps using exported from viewer prims. She was making things for her Belli home like so many do.  Somewhere along in the conversation I mentioned that she might just want to turn her prims into convex hull in the viewer to cut her land impact in half.  

She had no idea even those this "trick" has been around since the advent of mesh. Not foolproof of course and not meant for sculpted prims.   But I looked up an article for her and she was thrilled so I thought I would post in the link here since there seem to be a lot of Belli folks trying to save land impact with "fake mesh" (prims are of course mesh too but there some inherent issues with the export-import scenarios). So for many folks this quick method would work better. 

landimpactlead.jpg

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2012/12/when-is-prim-not-prim.html

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Well, I made an add-on too big. It has a big livingroom and laundryroom downstairs, and a bedroom and a big bathroom upstairs.

My decorating style is too much for a 4-room addon. So soon, I am taking it down. I made a fieldtrip to Blush's house, and I will build my own version, but not the same.

Until then, I am so pleased with this bedroom in my add-on that I wanted to share it. It is almost the same as I made when I was living in Badger Beach, but here I fixed the stairs.

It may look like built in closets, but it is only doors, no scripts, no room behind them. Some wardrobes are LI heavy, and the few low LI wardrobes can you see everywhere. Not so bad for 10 L, I know I am happy with the look. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BxG-Folding-closet-doors-Boxed/14857882

beroom_003ed.jpg

beroom_002ed.jpg

beroom_001ed.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

When/if I rebuild this to only be the first floor, I will keep the big livingroom and don't change it much. The staircase will be gone, of course. Then I have a really huge room, and I can move a wall or remove it, depending on what I want.

I need to include this in my plan. I like an open ceiling a lot. Should I go for it, and should I have a triangular window? And how to place the smaller windows so I can use that part as kitchen maybe? Wall it off for a different room?

The work name for this was "The Twin". I might call it "The Triplets" now that the garage is there. I think I could be a good creator if I can overcome my sloppiness. Instead of hurry through Blender so I can be creative with the decorating. I coulda, shoulda, be a grownup and fix the faults.

I have 75 LI left. That is not very bad. I could try to link some more, remove a little bit decor. I have already linked much, without the great savings. A lot of my 1 Li objects are in fact 1.4 LI, and linking those is not doing much. Some experiments with linking "none" to a prim has saved me a few LI. I think I can finish a kitchen and bath, and maybe the third room with light decor like many carpets and 1 LI plants.

I am now contemplating keeping TheTwin until I run out of LI. And maybe do a bit necessary work on it.

Ribbet collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Typos
  • Like 17

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it is much more fun to decorate, I am a sloppy and fast builder. Will try to fix the worst mishaps. It is just too tempting to see how it looks with furniture in.

I've been known to tinker with the build so much that I never get around to doing much decorating.  I much prefer the tinkering, though it is a whole new ball game with mesh - one that makes me cuss a lot and run away from it for lots of breaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, Marianne Little said:

When/if I rebuild this to only be the first floor, I will keep the big livingroom and don't change it much. The staircase will be gone, of course. Then I have a really huge room, and I can move a wall or remove it, depending on what I want.

I need to include this in my plan. I like an open ceiling a lot. Should I go for it, and should I have a triangular window? And how to place the smaller windows so I can use that part as kitchen maybe? Wall it off for a different room?

The work name for this was "The Twin". I might call it "The Triplets" now that the garage is there. I think I could be a good creator if I can overcome my sloppiness. Instead of hurry through Blender so I can be creative with the decorating. I coulda, shoulda, be a grownup and fix the faults.

I have 75 LI left. That is not very bad. I could try to link some more, remove a little bit decor. I have already linked much, without the great savings. A lot of my 1 Li objects are in fact 1.4 LI, and linking those is not doing much. Some experiments with linking "none" to a prim has saved me a few LI. I think I can finish a kitchen and bath, and maybe the third room with light decor like many carpets and 1 LI plants.

I am now contemplating keeping TheTwin until I run out of LI. And maybe do a bit necessary work on it.

Ribbet collage.jpg

This looks pretty darn fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:54 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been known to tinker with the build so much that I never get around to doing much decorating.  I much prefer the tinkering, though it is a whole new ball game with mesh - one that makes me cuss a lot and run away from it for lots of breaks.

I followed a RL friend into SL. He's a RL architect, so he had a similar habit of building, fixing, tinkering, building more, and never giving a thought to decorating. I have a store today because I did the decorating. This is one of the things I adore about SL, how we can work together to make something far more interesting than most of us can do alone.

And I very much agree with you about mesh too. My Blender skills are good enough at this point, but there are so very many steps to get it inworld as reasonably optimised mesh that my health usually gets in the way long before it's done. I wish it were less complicated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Gardening on sand in Westvale. This plot is very open and I'm lucky enough to have open space around. So I experimented with a 'borrowed landscape' design, obscuring the perimeter and making it feel like the garden space is larger than in reality.

You can just see Stanley the Koi peering out of my rock pool. I think he is happier than in the swimming pool of the last place!

It really is amazing how the various repeated elements of Bellisseria landscape come together to make for such a varied feel in different parts of the continent. Those moles sure are talented, and I'm really impressed that the designers coming up with such a mix of ideas and make efforts to come up with something new, even though they are obviously under time pressure.

westvale sandy bungalow_004.jpg

westvale sandy bungalow_006.jpg

• Like 12

I changed the kitchen in my houseboat. Earlier I had Maya's Eliza kitchen. Now I have Maya's Olivia kitchen. This kitchen has lots of animations and props to go with the animations. The long desk by the wall has animation, the stove has animations, the middle island has animations and the stools have animations. Pretty cool!

First I rezzed the whole kitchen in sandbox. Then I made it smaller to better suit my avatar's size (1.78 m on flat feet). After that I selected what items to use from the kitchen in the houseboat. After assembling the kitchen items to the houseboat I went through all animations and readjusted the animations and prop positions as needed. The adjusting was quite quick process with AVsitter adjustment sticks.

2019-11-16_Olivia-Kitchen_1.thumb.jpg.61b34a6f4a30a477ea8f8e048b47a43a.jpg

2019-11-16_Olivia-Kitchen_2.thumb.jpg.44e4b4f953a106cffc53dbe29dde3e93.jpg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Gardening on sand in Westvale. This plot is very open and I'm lucky enough to have open space around. So I experimented with a 'borrowed landscape' design, obscuring the perimeter and making it feel like the garden space is larger than in reality.

You can just see Stanley the Koi peering out of my rock pool. I think he is happier than in the swimming pool of the last place!

It really is amazing how the various repeated elements of Bellisseria landscape come together to make for such a varied feel in different parts of the continent. Those moles sure are talented, and I'm really impressed that the designers coming up with such a mix of ideas and make efforts to come up with something new, even though they are obviously under time pressure.

westvale sandy bungalow_004.jpg

westvale sandy bungalow_006.jpg

Lovely scene @Raspberry Crystal. Did you add the pond or is it part of the Belli landscaping?

7 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Really nice work. I've tried to build one in my backyard, but it seems I still need a loooooooooot more practice, because it ended up looking like a puddle. 

It is always important with good textures. I found out that the Bellisseria beach sand is the same texture as we all have in our inventory, in the library. I can use the matching texture on "mesh ground forms" scavenged out of any landscaping kit, haha. I miss Belli texture for grass. I have tried the ground textures in our library, and found some that can work, but it is not as good as having the identical texture.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I changed the kitchen in my houseboat. Earlier I had Maya's Eliza kitchen. Now I have Maya's Olivia kitchen. .... The adjusting was quite quick process with AVsitter adjustment sticks.

I too have all Mayas Kitchens and am experimenting with adapting them to Belli houses. Never heard of "AVsitter adjustment sticks." - Where can I get them and how do I use them? Is there a tutorial about that somewhere?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.