-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I find it remarkable that so many of us here on the forum managed to snag a house in this neighborhood. I mean, it isn't like it's that large and the odds are stacked against everyone in general. Three of us that I know of now, and for some reason I think there's a fourth I'm forgetting about.

Forum readers who do not post much are on Well Spring, too ;)

Edited by Flower Caerndow
had to add 'much' after I posted
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Forum readers who do not post much are on Well Spring, too ;)

Flower!  Yay!  You're the only house below me, on the beach!  THIS IS AMAZING

Permit me to rant a little more about this area.  If I turn off parcel boundary lines, my backyard is a long, rocky slope all the way to the water.  Oh, and there's a picnic area too, just for Flower & me (well, and the lucky owner of the one house next to me.)  I do think that everyone along this Well Springs coast should be ranting for joy.

I'll stop now, lol.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi neighbors! This is a great parcel and it was abandoned, the house is sideways to the shoreline, but that makes a very private backyard with a nice view of protected land along the coast.  Maybe some day I will have a picture to post....

Edited by Flower Caerndow
changed neighbor to neighbors
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cara Fanbridge said:

Hi to all my neighbors, i as well am in Well Springs. I’m right next door to Elora and across from Rae. This is my keeper and am slowly decorating which is a first as i never decorated my previous parcels. Definitely a place to call home.

Welcome to the neighborhood to you too Cara! 👋

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Do you mean the one that wraps to the front?

That was gifted to me by someone on this forum. I don't know if I should mention her name or not, since she does not sell it. I've told her she should but, alas, she feels it isn't good enough to be sold. Maybe one day she'll have the time to perfect it. For my purposes, it's fantastic and it always gets a lot of great comments from those who see photos, or people who pass by the house on foot.

No worries!  I'd try to make one myself if I weren't still at pre-mesh build skill level. Goodness knows how many old-school prims that would take me. I could also find your house and click/edit/who created it.. but then I'd be too shy to contact this person! ;) Fingers crossed that they sell it some day ... I do have a smaller enclosed one that I love from Chic Aeon; I'll have a look at how much I can mod it. 

57 minutes ago, Rivlyn Rawley said:

No worries!  I'd try to make one myself if I weren't still at pre-mesh build skill level. Goodness knows how many old-school prims that would take me. I could also find your house and click/edit/who created it.. but then I'd be too shy to contact this person! ;) Fingers crossed that they sell it some day ... I do have a smaller enclosed one that I love from Chic Aeon; I'll have a look at how much I can mod it. 

Haha, it's the person's alt so well, good luck finding them LOL

FYI - Chic's work is top notch

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Hi neighbors! This is a great parcel and it was abandoned, the house is sideways to the shoreline, but that makes a very private backyard with a nice view of protected land along the coast.  Maybe some day I will have a picture to post....

More freaky coincidence, your parcel was abandoned by ANOTHER (infrequently posting) forum member.  We had a chat before they released it.

And, Hi Cara!  Yay!

🖐️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's funny seeing so many familiar names popping up on the map now.

Hi to all my neighbours @Elora Lunasea, @momomoonusagi@Nika Talaj, @Cara Fanbridge, @Flower Caerndow, @Laurelrose Anthony and anyone else I forgot or missed in Well Springs and neighbouring regions. (Nika, have you moved recently?) 

Anyway back on topic, I edited things in my home a little - mostly in my back yard. I also swapped out my porch for a lower LOD version to save another 10 or so LI (and the crumble isn't so bad anyway). With that I managed to save I put towards Halloween decorations and posted a pic of that here. I kept the backyard uncluttered but I've incorporated two things I use most often; the kiddie pool so I can sit in it with Riley under the umbrella, and the fire from Botanical. I also changed the seating under the back patio since I wasn't making use of the BBQ and outdoor dining set. (The set below is from DDD; very LOW LI and a good range of animations). This feels far more relaxing now and it's where I spend most of my time. I think I would in RL too!

backyard1.thumb.png.b2ef85c05a23ee68a5415213380a67bf.png

^ View from back of house (step outside back door).

381905967_Backyard4.thumb.png.01b8cfb5dd840ff3dd8829b7167ff6c4.png

^ Other side. You can't see him but behind the sofa is my lazy cat Opie cooling off in the shade. It's a hard life.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added info.
  • Like 12

2001563856_Backyard2.thumb.png.053c9d2d953fcf66e1f79b2c39929ad3.png

^ The kiddie pool and a little privacy hedge from DDD. VERY low LI and cheap too! (And Elora's house in the background!)

1575883323_Backyard3.thumb.png.91e302593ac85035ac5f6aed57b10a8d.png

^ Probably the best spot in the whole back yard. The LDPW have truly outdone themselves with this region. Have I mentioned how much I love my parcel yet? 😍

• Like 17

13 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I also changed the seating under the back patio since I wasn't making use of the BBQ and outdoor dining set.

I chuckled a bit at this statement.  If I pulled up everything in my houses that I didn't actually use, I'd have a pose stand and a single chair or couch at each location.  I often wonder why I have homes, when I don't really do anything in them except unpack things and change outfits.  I've given up lands in the past simply because of that, but I always seem to go back to wanting a house of some sort (or 2 or 3).

• Like 6

Scripted one of the Bellissaria Trick or Treat giveaways to work with my sit AO. :)

original_5dba2d50289dd20c30000001.png

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_SIT);
        llSetSitText("Sit Down");
        llSitTarget(<0.3, -0.48, 0.145>, llEuler2Rot(<0,0,270>*DEG_TO_RAD));
        llSetCameraEyeOffset(<0.0, 0.0, 0>);
        llSetCameraAtOffset(<0.0, 0.0, 0.0>);
    }
    changed(integer change)
    {
        if (CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            key agent = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if(agent != NULL_KEY)
            {
                if (agent)
                {
                }
                else
                {
                    llUnSit(agent);
                }
            }
        }
    }
    touch_start(integer times)
    {
                    key agent = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if(agent != NULL_KEY)
            {
                    llUnSit(agent);
            }
    }
}

That's a very basic script. Adjust;

llSitTarget(<0.3, -0.48, 0.145>

To fit for your avatar if you decide to put a script like that into something.

We all buy all these fancy AOs with sit animations, and then no furniture ever uses them... so I make a point to have a couple things around my home that use my own AO's animations and not furniture animations.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

One of the things in our covenant is to be nice to neighbors about lights...

Somewhere on my land I had a light that was blasting out at max settings, and I couldn't find it. Just got rid of it.

original_5dbc9613289dd226e8000001.png

So there you see all my lights now, and exactly how far they reach.

Tracking down mystery light sources on my linden home. I had put lights on some very weird things, I guess years ago in old builds... Even the flag poles in my front yard had lights on them for I have no idea why... they're a prim object I made almost 10 years ago so... reasons...

To do this on your own land... first it helps to set your windlight to something super dark of night like... then:

Developer menu -> Render Data -> Lights.

Use Contol-Alt-Q to show the Developer menu.

I've got myself set to show transparencies too - looking for anything that was 'hidden' as part of my 'post Halloween cleanup'.

And the glaring maxed out light... was a poster linked to something that when I used edit claimed it had no lights... I would never have found it without this...

Here's the same test on my houseboat:

original_5dbc98e773ed171370000001.png

If you know the covenant you'll notice 2 houses in this image are in violation:

*Lights or particles on your parcel should not extend into your neighbors parcels or houses.

- But without this test I would have never spotted them, so I'm going to ignore that. But this is why you want to run this test on your own plots.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Somewhere on my land I had a light that was blasting out at max settings, and I couldn't find it. Just got rid of it.

original_5dbc9613289dd226e8000001.png

So there you see all my lights now, and exactly how far they reach.

Tracking down mystery light sources on my linden home. I had put lights on some very weird things, I guess years ago in old builds... Even the flag poles in my front yard had lights on them for I have no idea why... they're a prim object I made almost 10 years ago so... reasons...

To do this on your own land... first it helps to set your windlight to something super dark of night like... then:

I've got myself set to show transparencies too - looking for anything that was 'hidden' as part of my 'post Halloween cleanup'.

And the glaring maxed out light... was a poster linked to something that when I used edit claimed it had no lights... I would never have found it without this...

I like these posts. I try to remind myself to not have on Nam's skin and prim all the time, but use a midnight setting to check how it looks. I have found full bright and awfully light things this way. Nams windlight hides these things because it is so bright.

Creators sell so much things with the default light on. Brighter the better! Blinding white or an awful yellow.

• Like 2

OMG I hate it when stuff comes with fullbright on...

It's soooo 2006...

Like, it was a thing back before we had windlight and glow. These days I ONLY use fullbright in my lights script - to turn the light itself fullbright when the light is on, and the turn it OFF when the light is off...

I personally use a 24-hour windlight setting I've been tweaking and tweaking over the years. So when night rolls around and I see fullbright all around me it's jarring... But even in sunrise or sunset or foggy or ANYTHING but 12-3pm... that fullbright ruins a shot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

[edit]

To do this on your own land... first it helps to set your windlight to something super dark of night [edit] then:

[edit]

(quote edited so as to not clog up the thread :)

This was very helpful, thanks! I've saved this for future reference. I love the fact even after all these years there's still something every day "new" for me to learn. 👍

I wish there was a way to make this public knowledge (and I don't mean just point people back to this post). A lot of people don't know and don't care so they're not going to bother to search for it much less here.

During a certain Halloween event objects were distributed for those taking part. Unfortunately in this object there was a flashing light source that was VERY bright with no way to mute it (only remove it altogether). It made me think too late after the event was done that all that flashing wasn't kind to the houses around me not taking part, and it wouldn't have been considerate to those who have photo-sensitivity issues or possibly epilepsy etc. Makes me feel bad now actually. :( 

Anyway, thanks so much for this info - guess what I'll be doing when I log in tonight. ;) 

I am so delighted to get a traditional with a 180 degrees sea view!

The first picture is just after moving in day (The moss green continental with @Blush Bravin 's porch wraparound is mine)

I can see slivers of sea from the back top windows too.

For some reason my garden is raised up a bit so I am looking over roofs back and front.

Nice neighbours too.

This combination of having lots to look at, and distant views is so satisfying to me.

I am unpacking, making lists, and for the very first time got to 'parcel full' on a 1024 plot before I felt itchy to move.

Never say never, but this will do for now...big smiles :)

Heirlong_002.png

Heirlong_015.png

• Like 19

It was good to don't stand around and wait for Hammond Park. Finally some time to decorate.

I have never used Adams before, but I do it now only so I can use @RaeLeeH's add-on. It is textured by me. I think it's better with a wood deck, and I built it out from under the roof in the backyard, so I could have both a sitting group and sun loungers.

The sea view in the backyard is pruned - derendered. I do not like the coarse yellowish LL grass. Derender all. The green shrubs too. One small tree. 2 parts hedge. I should log in an alt to compare, but does not bother yet. The only things I kept on ground, was the rocks. I let my silky grass creep a bit out on the sand to give the parcel a soft edge.

The front is very nice LL made with fence and flowers. I do not need more decor here. I added 2 rocks to the right, it is the most low li decor and it balances the left rocks.

I always do something on the outside first, before I start on the inside.

Daytime_002ed.jpg

Daytime_001ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.