Jump to content

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised here is the exterior of my home. This concludes my home tour. I will be keeping this home for awhile. I love how serene it is and love every room in my home in

This thread is dedicated to showing off our homes on the new continent. Please no advertising. Please keep your sight seeing pics for the thread Patch started. This is just for showing off what you've

Here is a sort of walk-through. I remember now that I missed the entrance. First garden pictures, different angles: It is only a narrow strip between my house and the hedge, but I manag

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It was good to don't stand around and wait for Hammond Park. Finally some time to decorate.

I have never used Adams before, but I do it now only so I can use @RaeLeeH's add-on. It is textured by me. I think it's better with a wood deck, and I built it out from under the roof in the backyard, so I could have both a sitting group and sun loungers.

The sea view in the backyard is pruned - derendered. I do not like the coarse yellowish LL grass. Derender all. The green shrubs too. One small tree. 2 parts hedge. I should log in an alt to compare, but does not bother yet. The only things I kept on ground, was the rocks. I let my silky grass creep a bit out on the sand to give the parcel a soft edge.

The front is very nice LL made with fence and flowers. I do not need more decor here. I added 2 rocks to the right, it is the most low li decor and it balances the left rocks.

I always do something on the outside first, before I start on the inside.

 

 

Daytime_002ed.jpg

Daytime_001ed.jpg

love the pictures,they look professional :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marianne Little; That looks great! I went and checked it out in world (as you're not that far from me) and have to say you scored a nice plot too. Removing the Linden grass and hedge there has improved your view too I think but is not so jarring you really notice anything missing in your pics. Also you know it never occurred to me to make the floor wood? *hangs head in shame* Anyway, love what you've done as always and can't wait to see the finished product! 👍

*

Continuing the Adams love I've been tweaking mine too (constantly) and was inspired by a neighbour in Goodbury and another not-quite neighbour I had in Pantelleria (when I was in my former plot). I originally did try to use the pergola I made way back at the start of the first release of homes but since it didn't fit I decided to recreate it as an add on to the Adams porch. Have to say I much prefer it open-aired than with a ceiling/roof. I spend most of my time out here admittedly and it's nice to switch to a night sky (usually (SS) Atmos 6) and watch the stars and sky change colours over the sea. With a sound orb of the waves it's so incredibly relaxing. 

298280985_annanadoreddusty_2.thumb.png.8dee68e5f811f601981f3fb27449f981.png

(WL: Annan Adored Dusty)

Edited by RaeLeeH
Typo.
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

2019995559_annanadoreddusty_1.thumb.png.4c43b751a0b4d54a53c3af82982a2bc9.png

2104610885_annanadoreddusty_3.thumb.png.7df4eef75d603f5bcdfa36d40b5fe83b.png

Continuing on from the post above I'll add that I'm consciously inspired by my neighbours. If I see some piece of landscaping that I think works well I'll try and use it too. It's not so much to copy as it is to continue the theme along the street. I'm one of those that like balance and harmony so you won't find jarring colours or shapes here. And since the inside is so cluttered I've kept the outside clutter-free. I did briefly try to fill the back yard with grass and trees and boating decor etc but felt too much. Less is more sometimes, at least for me.

😁

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

2019995559_annanadoreddusty_1.thumb.png.4c43b751a0b4d54a53c3af82982a2bc9.png

2104610885_annanadoreddusty_3.thumb.png.7df4eef75d603f5bcdfa36d40b5fe83b.png

Continuing on from the post above I'll add that I'm consciously inspired by my neighbours. If I see some piece of landscaping that I think works well I'll try and use it too. It's not so much to copy as it is to continue the theme along the street. I'm one of those that like balance and harmony so you won't find jarring colours or shapes here. And since the inside is so cluttered I've kept the outside clutter-free. I did briefly try to fill the back yard with grass and trees and boating decor etc but felt too much. Less is more sometimes, at least for me.

😁

I did the same thing at first - rezzed more landscaping and then realized the whole reason I wanted a sandy lot, was NOT to have all that! 

So yes, less is better sometimes.

PS: Love what you've been doing to your house. It feels very much lived in, and loved.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

looks great! That's the continental but what porch are you using for the dining room? Seems closed with windows in it.

It's Blush's add on, the version with a screened porch instead of just an entire wrap around. 

EDIT: Just saw this was answered, oops!

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

@Marianne Little; That looks great! I went and checked it out in world (as you're not that far from me) and have to say you scored a nice plot too. Removing the Linden grass and hedge there has improved your view too I think but is not so jarring you really notice anything missing in your pics. Also you know it never occurred to me to make the floor wood? *hangs head in shame* Anyway, love what you've done as always and can't wait to see the finished product! 👍

*

Continuing the Adams love I've been tweaking mine too (constantly) and was inspired by a neighbour in Goodbury and another not-quite neighbour I had in Pantelleria (when I was in my former plot). I originally did try to use the pergola I made way back at the start of the first release of homes but since it didn't fit I decided to recreate it as an add on to the Adams porch. Have to say I much prefer it open-aired than with a ceiling/roof. I spend most of my time out here admittedly and it's nice to switch to a night sky (usually (SS) Atmos 6) and watch the stars and sky change colours over the sea. With a sound orb of the waves it's so incredibly relaxing. 

298280985_annanadoreddusty_2.thumb.png.8dee68e5f811f601981f3fb27449f981.png

(WL: Annan Adored Dusty)

This looks so much better! Will you release it as an add-on to an add-on (lol) or update the porch pack with it as an alternative?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same view as an alt sees it. I could let the yellow grass stay up. It does not disturb the vision. It is more that it's so coarse. The hedge is closing me in, so the view South-East is almost gone. No house there either, so no need to keep the hedge for privacy.

In some windlights settings, it is a light blue border visible over the water. I think it is the houseboat regions the Moles are building on the other side of the sea.

 

dust_001.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This looks so much better! Will you release it as an add-on to an add-on (lol) or update the porch pack with it as an alternative?

Thanks! And updated! 😉

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I should show you another house. I am still working my way outside - in.

The garage is made big on purpose. I have this itchy need to decorate every empty space, so to save some LI in the garden, I made a 3 LI decoy garage that's transparent on the inside. The 3 LI includes the driveway and sidewalk bricks before the entrance.

The nice garage door is ripped of a Roost house, retextured and the opening script removed.

The benefit is also that I don't need to add on more fence. I shall have a large room add-on on the other side. Maybe a 2 room add-on. No need to make more rooms. Enough to fill anyway.

1745572674_wildgarden_004.jpg.0b8d9d373e6168af62cb19e9507d3243.jpg

The garden is not going to have more than a few deer and only one sit group. The rest flower patches.

 

 

wild garden_002ed.jpg

wild garden_003ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 10:41 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am so happy to find out that the "Beach sand" texture we all have in our library matches the sand in Bellisseria. Of course I can unlink the sand that comes with the beach den and also use the tree only. But I think it is a nice, subtle effect, to have mounds instead of flat ground. I am opting for only this decoration here, I want a more free and light feeling. The sand ground does not need more. The last image show my coloring of the sand under the tree, and 1/4 of the sand under the driftwood beach den. Editing skill is needed, rotating the sand direction to match the default ground is important, also the scale.

 

sand_004.jpg

sand_001.jpg

sand_003.jpg

How did you get the tree to cast a shadow?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great bang for your buck furniture out for FLF at LISP bazaar.   A perfect addition to my dance studio room.   5 land impact for both piano and bench. NO music, just decor, but plenty of piano playing animations. 

 

Meanwhile a new neighbor a couple of houses over has  a fully wrap around add-on with HORRIBLE LODS.  So my draw distance needs to be set very low now.  Boo Hiss. 

 

624222614_FLFLisp.thumb.jpg.ae4ef2dd6add8be37115daefc0c80f68.jpg

 

 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Oh I see - What Windlight Setting do you use?

I usually have "midday" or "region default"

Oh boy tricky question. I go through a lot of different ones, tint, change gamma, move the sun and angle and.... I can't remember. 🤔

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Great bang for your buck furniture out for FLF at LISP bazaar.   A perfect addition to my dance studio room.   5 land impact for both piano and bench. NO music, just decor, but plenty of piano playing animations. 

 

Meanwhile a new neighbor a couple of houses over has  a fully wrap around add-on with HORRIBLE LODS.  So my draw distance needs to be set very low now.  Boo Hiss. 

 

624222614_FLFLisp.thumb.jpg.ae4ef2dd6add8be37115daefc0c80f68.jpg

 

 

These are gorgeous. I didn't get one because I have the blue one they had for a previous FLF but might pop back and get one of these as I prefer them.

piano Toad Hollow_001.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Meanwhile a new neighbor a couple of houses over has  a fully wrap around add-on with HORRIBLE LODS.  So my draw distance needs to be set very low now.  Boo Hiss.

You know, you really strike terror into my heart, lol.  I'm sure some of our stuff is just awful.  Evey time I add a prim wall with a non-materials texture to a build that I feel sure is all perfectly materialed (probably like the Linden Homes!) I want to put a mask on and slink away.  For 5 minutes :)

We have these old objects we like to use, lord knows what other people see.  We just put a full wrap-around on our Continental, didn't check LODs.

I feel I should hire a QA person so we don't make people shudder when they cam by!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...