Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Starting to look like Christmas inside.

xmas_001ed.jpg

xmas_003ed.jpg

xmas_002ed.jpg

xmas_005ed.jpg

Amazing, I think I'm going to need your advice on walls colors!!! Love that brick wall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And the kitchen and some of the entry:

I took a "clean" shot without adding the white around the edges, so you can see the baubles better. I am wondering if I shall find white curtains and hang the baubles over. I have some, but I can't use curtains with alpha, the baubles have alpha, so it will be a mess.

I really, really like the oven. I added the plate under. Fire safety!

xxmas_005ed.jpg

xxmas_001ed.jpg

xxmas_004ed.jpg

xxmas_003.jpg

• Like 18

50 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And the kitchen and some of the entry:

I took a "clean" shot without adding the white around the edges, so you can see the baubles better. I am wondering if I shall find white curtains and hang the baubles over. I have some, but I can't use curtains with alpha, the baubles have alpha, so it will be a mess.

I really, really like the oven. I added the plate under. Fire safety!

I love your Christmas decor. Can I ask how many land impact your wall plates are (I love them, one is like the Spode Christmas plates I use RL) ?  It's just I have some Alice in Wonderland wall plates which I love but don't often put them out as they are 9 Li 😲

6 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I love your Christmas decor. Can I ask how many land impact your wall plates are (I love them, one is like the Spode Christmas plates I use RL) ?  It's just I have some Alice in Wonderland wall plates which I love but don't often put them out as they are 9 Li 😲

They are bought as 3 Li, but they are so big that I edited them a bit smaller, they are 2 Li now. They are bought in the Winter Expo shopping district. I think you will see many other things I bought there. ;)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Christmas Eve/191/117/23

Edited to add: I think their mainstore had a set of plates that was not Christmas patterns.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dame Roxan said:

how do you get on the wait list for these homes?

There is no wait list.  It is first come, first server - and they are currently all taken.  Thought LL does do 1-2 region releases per day and there are always folks abandoning.  Also, sometime in the next week or two or so, there will be a HUGE release of lots and lots of new homes.

See this thread:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be saying goodbye to this home tomorrow. I've decided to put all my stuff in storage and stay in the houseboat for the time being. This way I will be ready the moment I hear the Vics are open.

uhaul_001.thumb.jpg.a1a810822789cc17755999f78dd4b2fd.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Dame Roxan said:

ty for the info, but how do we get them in the first place?  and do we have to giver up mainlaind with no tier?

You have to have 1024 sqm of tier available - 512 if you only want a camper/trailer.  You can own other mainland though as long as you are willing to pay monthly for more tier -- or you could own 512 sqm of Mainland and use your other free 512 for a camper/trailer.

If you want to own Mainland and pay for more tier each month, update the setting on your Land Use page: https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php

Then go to your Dashboard:  https://secondlife.com/my  and click the yellow button to the right that says Get Your Home Now.  If none of the new stuff shows up, keep refreshing or wait for the big giant release coming soon.

• Like 1

thank you so much!!!  I am only seeing the old homes, to that is good to know.  I do have full allocated land allowance, so that is good info that I don't have to give that up to get the new home.  thanks so much for your help :)

• Like 1

Welp, I did it! Abandoned my trad earlier today. I hit the abandon button then waited on the street, in front of the house, to see how long it would take before someone grabbed it. It didn't take long at all! I had a lovely chat with the new owner.

Then, I decided it was a good time to grab a camper so I could get the content pack. It didn't take long to get one. It's located in a nice peaceful spot in Toad Hollow. Well, of course, I had to play a little with the camper before giving it up, so I started decorating. I must say I'm enjoying this little home, but I'm still very anxious for the Victorians!

camper2_003.thumb.jpg.dffa569d94c74b08c559a1f1d2416653.jpg

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 16

Some season lights added. The star lights came in three star group. I linked two groups and the link set is still only 1 LI. The LOD is also excellent. They keep their shape even when looking at them from far away. I added lights On/Off script to the link set.
(The star lights were from: ~BAZAR~ Christmas gift 2013)

2019-12-11_X-mas-lights.thumb.jpg.6fae23d51691898ee178988f0390724a.jpg

• Like 10

Abandoned my trad a bit too soon in anticipation of the new theme, after a bit of Bellisseria fishing getting a few campers and houseboat managed to get this place in Heirlong not far from my last trad thought i'd make it a bit homely while waiting for the Victorians to get released

Myhome_0016_002_edited.thumb.jpg.88784ddc50299d23f5f2753742042214.jpgMyhome_0016_001_edited.thumb.jpg.d78d0b17dd3db2b78d7bede5ebf75ecc.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Abandoned my trad a bit too soon in anticipation of the new theme

Same here! xD 

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

thought i'd make it a bit homely while waiting for the Victorians to get released

I catched one in River Run. Will enjoy the nice water view until them Vics are ready to roll. 

• Like 3

I freed three of my alts, giving up some really nice parcels  (waterbound camper in Decker, waterbound with a great view in Castlewellan Overlook, boat near lighthouse in Floaton) to be prepared for the RUSH and now they are idle and getting nervous like horses just before the race. I kept them busy last two days by sometimes playing the catch and abandon game (I call it C&A *ggg*) but what they catch is really not very nice compared to what they had so quick... away with it again!!!

I intend to keep them rather idle now not to waste their precious 5x in 24 hours limit ... sssooonish there'll be VICTORIANS!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm so happy that @Coby Fodenposted about the Bazar Christmas gifts. I have known about them for years, but never picked them up.

I like this Christmas Ornament (red) so much. It was high Li when I unpacked it, but sized down to this is 1 Li. This is one of the few times I add full bright. The letters was hard to read without. The stars also got a bit of glow and very low light (0.1 and 1 m).

xmass_003.jpg.6380710070bf471e584a7c0248ed6fc7.jpg

The fireplace is so charming. I had to have it. To save on Li, I first unlinked all shadows. I didn't like the painting over so much and replaced it with an EW-Promo-Christmas-Painting from the Marketplace. Here the whole fireplace with decor was full bright, so I turned it off and left only the flames full bright. At last I adjusted the light intensity and radius down, and changed the ghastly orange color to a soft beigepeach one. 5 L is more than I wanted, but I will have this fireplace up for a while. The only thing I miss, is flames on the candles.

xmass_002ed.thumb.jpg.d4a56b2c23d24957c3e1640adf4e86b1.jpgxmass_005ed.thumb.jpg.8233e60c8400a0cdb17d620e5c5d580a.jpg

When it comes to full bright, I want options to adjust it! The letters in the top picture would look better with a more muted brightness. t is only on or off now. So many times I wish I could add just a hint of brighness, to a very dark color or to details that I want to stand out. We can do it with glow, so why not with full bright!

Last, I really love to look in my own window. I wist I wasn't too late to submit an entry to the winter decor contest.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

When it comes to full bright, I want options to adjust it! The letters in the top picture would look better with a more muted brightness.

To adjust the brightness of full bright white surfaces:  - just add certain amount grey colour to the surface. Done.

Edited by Coby Foden

45 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

To adjust the brightness of full bright white surfaces:  - just add certain amount grey colour to the surface. Done.

I think it would work better if we could do it as with the glow. Add 0.1 -> brightness. It has been like this all the time in Second Life, and it annoys me.

But you are right, the white letters can I tint. Tinting often do thing to other textures that I don't like.

clarify