-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

4 hours ago, Zenna Goodliffe said:

Thank you! I was wanting to ask yesterday to see how everyone was decorating but RL kept interrupting , lol . Love all the colors! 

To toggle that on and off, go up to the top of the page and click Account Settings on the drop down box under your name. Then click on Signature to find the "View Signatures?" option.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zenna Goodliffe said:

Thank you! I was wanting to ask yesterday to see how everyone was decorating but RL kept interrupting , lol . Love all the colors! 

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To toggle that on and off, go up to the top of the page and click Account Settings on the drop down box under your name. Then click on Signature to find the "View Signatures?" option.

OK, I tried that, but RL is still interrupting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, I tried my luck on the Chalet houses, and Igot this parcel. And it changed my mind about these houses. I was thinking before seeing this that the landscaping was a little boring, but this region Chaily it is so pretty here. Some pics from my garden and from the neighborhood, windmill almost next to me, a pond in my backyard and a river near by. I chosed the Eikelen house.

452f68cd73f4a39c4b73d16c0a5c94fb.jpg

8a20388578064481f894108e7f686d08.jpg

53f310928308ff89426f48eaaec6e064.jpg

8ad2865ac19d6fd65f28a8d2200076ea.jpg

• Like 20

On 4/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, Chloe Dolores said:

First thoughts on Chalet decor - kind of excited by the Germanic style but also some other styles too - namely detailed Rosemaling, Folk and Primitive Art, Country Shabby maybe? 

Snapshot_080.png

@Chloe DoloresHad you seen these? - they're still out from last weekend's Saturday Sale at Pitaya, but will probably disappear in a few hours. 2 LI, $75L$ per color. If the colors were mixed up a bit I think they'd be more interesting, but if you've a corner to fill somewhere... 

pitaya2.JPG

pitaya1.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

@Chloe DoloresHad you seen these? - they're still out from last weekend's Saturday Sale at Pitaya, but will probably disappear in a few hours. 2 LI, $75L$ per color. If the colors were mixed up a bit I think they'd be more interesting, but if you've a corner to fill somewhere... 

pitaya2.JPG

pitaya1.JPG

Those are cute thanks!, 

• Like 1

First I wasn't very enthusiastic about the Chalets, but once I got one, I changed my mind completely.

I started with the garden, which in my opinion is the most challenging part, and it looks like if I could use all 351 precious prims to create a natural overgrown garden, as I had it in my mind . Here's the garden for now, the interior is still a work in progress  :)

Bighorn Park 8.jpg

Bighorn Park 2.jpg

Bighorn Park 3.jpg

Bighorn Park 5.jpg

Bighorn Park 7.jpg

Bighorn Park 4.jpg

Bighorn Park 1.jpg

• Like 29

24 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

First I wasn't very enthusiastic about the Chalets, but once I got one, I changed my mind completely.

I started with the garden, which in my opinion is the most challenging part, and it looks like if I could use all 351 precious prims to create a natural overgrown garden, as I had it in my mind . Here's the garden for now, the interior is still a work in progress  :)

Bighorn Park 8.jpg

Bighorn Park 2.jpg

Bighorn Park 3.jpg

Bighorn Park 5.jpg

Bighorn Park 7.jpg

Bighorn Park 4.jpg

Bighorn Park 1.jpg

With a garden like that, who needs to go indoors? That's really lovely, Loretta! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Loretta String said:

You have a knack for the outside as well as the in! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Bighorn Park 8.jpg

Bighorn Park 2.jpg

Bighorn Park 3.jpg

Bighorn Park 5.jpg

Bighorn Park 7.jpg

Bighorn Park 4.jpg

Bighorn Park 1.jpg

But do you have enough Li left for the inside? ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Sylvia Tamalyn

Thank you so much Sylvia ! To be honest, after decorating a  house, I always get bored and spend my time outdoors.

Till I get the deco fever again, delete everything and start over :)

@Chloe Dolores

My passion is landscaping and terraforming. Decorating comes second.

I have landscaped endless regions in the past, some of which are still around :)

@Marianne Little

I have saved enough prims for a decent interior, but if I let myself go, I could easily use 1000 prims just for a garden  :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Bighorn Park 8.jpg

Bighorn Park 2.jpg

Bighorn Park 3.jpg

Bighorn Park 5.jpg

Bighorn Park 7.jpg

Bighorn Park 4.jpg

Bighorn Park 1.jpg

WOWZA! That is effin beautiful! 😍 Can I hire you to do my garden as well? 😄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, syndi Pearl said:

Syndi's Havana-On-Water Home

Decorated like I wanna live there - little island, palms, tropical flowers, outdoor shower, boat storage, bedroom, bathroom, living area, kitchen, photos and art

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sarong/128/161/23

Syndi's Havana-On-Water Home_001.png

Syndi's Havana-On-Water Home_001.png

Syndi's Havana-On-Water Home_002.png

Edited by syndi Pearl
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Life has been a b***h lately, so I've spent little to no time at all in my chalet. I was looking for a parcel near the town center for my little bakes shop but when I landed this spacious corner I decided it was a keeper. So, here's the start to my home in the chalets.

11989518_cakefactory_front.thumb.png.b3b2ad3099a733d1914ba3daa0d29dcf.png

I've mostly played in the garden so far. I made a sign for the bakery

490094350_cakefactory_sign.thumb.png.3667add52b4fa49a1576bcb19a0edc9f.png

and laid out a few counters for the cakes.

1359038870_cakefactory_inside.thumb.png.eaec925e4c307fd8f9704e322e36b3c6.png

I've still so much to do but I'm loving it so far.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 23

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Life has been a b***h lately, so I've spent little to no time at all in my chalet. I was looking for a parcel near the town center for my little bakes shop but when I landed this spacious corner I decided it was a keeper. So, here's the start to my home in the chalets.

I've mostly played in the garden so far. I made a sign for the bakery.

beautiful front garden 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've mostly played in the garden so far. I made a sign for the bakery

That's awesome.

I had done an ice cream parlor at a trailer I had for a while and was thinking of using the chalet for something similar.

This looks fantastic. Can't wait until you finish baking :D 

• Like 3

I don't post in this thread very often, because I can never do anything very interesting in the realm of gorgeous builds (good grief, Loretta, I see that my alt is only two chalets away from you, I may have to abandon out of sheer embarrassment! 😁 ).  I'm making an exception for this stilt because I managed to impose limitations on myself that turned it into a kind of interesting low-LI workout!

For me, decorating is usually all about the story.  Who lives there?  What do they want?  And, in the case of this stilt, the story led to some dramatic limitations.

So Nika and her partner Tip are a young, very active couple, wherever they live.  They have favorite DJs and clubs.  Not big into gardening and decorating.  Plus, THIS house is next to a children's shelter build (!) [Or was until this week, I think they just moved on].  Ergo, I decided that this home needed to be casual & child-friendly, tho Tip & Nika don't themselves have kids.  So the outside's a little playful.  That's why there's a merry-go-round and such a cute dog in front.

1904074799_Wesleysmallregiondefaultjpg_002.thumb.jpg.6d58d810e026a4f68c1c08e7baca0c83.jpg

Well, OK, the outside's a real mess.  That's what happens when kids are hanging out.  Plus, like I say, Tip & Nika are not 'home beautiful' types.

162954952_Wesleysmallregiondefaultjpg_003.thumb.jpg.29a477b56adf4fe683e2cfed4c4e9203.jpg

I really enjoy this place.  It's a terrific departure point for expeditions.  See the hill behind the house? The Logland railroad terminus is just over the hill.  The cute LogLand rez zone in SSPE1110 is at the base of the hill ... just go down to the island and take a left.  Then you're in the huge channel that, if you go North, goes under the bridge between LogLand and the stilts in less than 2 regions.  It's terrific; in fact, the first thing I did when I got this place was build the decks and rez the 3 vehicles you see here.  [Ignore the kid fishing off the deck].   I intended to put out a rezzer so I only needed to leave 1 vehicle rezzed at a time, and I DID do that ... and then discovered that I REALLY liked having all 3 vehicles rezzed!  That's about 95 LI in vehicles alone, leaving not much for the rest of the parcel.  But ... who doesn't like a challenge?2016196623_WesleysmallTorleymiddayMaldives_002.thumb.jpg.5943e1d520144ed266a422114d791bb7.jpg

I finished off the outside by putting an outdoor shower and soaking tub under the house, with a little wall for privacy.   it's really nice to take a long soak outdoors after a long sail!  That is not something I've ever been able to do in RL, of course. Yay!

72331574_Wesleysmallside_001.thumb.jpg.534e5344f72f892588a99f12e50faa49.jpg

next post: interior, such as it is.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank goodness the Havana only has 3 rooms.  I was going to put a low divider between the living room and kitchen/dining area, but ran out of LI, of course.  In fact, the Havana is a great little home, with a lot of flexibility as you can see in OTHER PEOPLE'S posts lol.

The living area is minimalist but I hope it comes across as light-hearted.  There's a box of cookies by the door for the kiddos.

722824813_Wesleysmallregiondefaultjpg_010.thumb.jpg.e6bead7ddab1a0b0c592df424d86c7ff.jpg

The kitchen and dining area are more grown-up.  Nika's 'sister' Litta, seen here, seems to spend a lot of time in this room lost in thought. *glances at the pic on the wall and looks away quickly*

There's a little table with very nice eating anims out on the deck, suitable for kids.  The kitchen is a little bare-bones, but really Tip and Nika prefer to grill on the deck.

1939661517_Wesleysmallregiondefaultjpg_011.thumb.jpg.ec24cb2005cb4b4ce14585807b89777b.jpg

The bedroom is just for sleeping, so as you can see the cat Reggie kinda lives there.  The bathroom is a pleasant place to veg out, which is why there's a comfy chair there, in case only one of us feels like bathing.

1745820220_Wesleysmllregiondefaultjpg_008.thumb.jpg.6ade91f0db5578579e2aa708302350d2.jpg

1371096355_Wesleysmallregiondefaultjpg_014.thumb.jpg.3182cc5e9c028cc85f5a9535bc2b8b7a.jpg

Since I already rezzed 3 massively scripted vehicles, and am using quite a few 1-LI (probably a little heavy in the mesh dept) items, I tried to make the parcel a little lighter in load by using mostly simple textures and re-using deco here & there.  I'm also removing scripts as it occurs to me.

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Where did you get the seagulls/birds that you have on the outside of the house?

It's just an alpha texture.  I downloaded the free preview of this royalty-free vector image, which was high enough resolution for my purposes, and edited it in GIMP.  Hover over the image and you will see a button to download the preview pop up below the image.

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/sea-landscape-with-seagulls-vector-22243989

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

It's just an alpha texture.  I downloaded the free preview of this royalty-free vector image, which was high enough resolution for my purposes, and edited it in GIMP.  Hover over the image and you will see a button to download the preview pop up below the image.

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/sea-landscape-with-seagulls-vector-22243989

I've done something similar, but created a transparent-background .png from vectors that I adapted and re-colored from black to blue. The one on the outside of the house is at 75% transparency and the one in the bathroom is over 80%. They are on 2 faces of a single object. (This is the Lauderdale, and the measurements to use for this wall are 9.8m x 4.9m x 0.2m - just make sure there's no image in the upper corners, and the top, sides and bottom faces are set to 100% transparent!) 

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1