TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

hate to say this but best mesh body as far as BoM implmentation at the moment is slink. thing is almost as easy to use as the old system bod.

You obviously haven't seen Maitreya's implementation of BOM. I have Belleza, Slink, Eve, Tonic, Legacy, and Maitreya and Maitreya is the new high bar to reach in terms of how to Implement BOM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

You obviously haven't seen Maitreya's implementation of BOM. I have Belleza, Slink, Eve, Tonic, Legacy, and Maitreya and Maitreya is the new high bar to reach in terms of how to Implement BOM.

This is how I look at it. To each their own. Everyone is gonna have a different look at how BOM was implemented on the body, and say that is the best. I think the bodies that have implemented BOM, implemented BOM in the best way they could. But hey, that is my opinion.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:
17 hours ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

hate to say this but best mesh body as far as BoM implmentation at the moment is slink. thing is almost as easy to use as the old system bod.

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is how I look at it. To each their own. Everyone is gonna have a different look at how BOM was implemented on the body, and say that is the best. I think the bodies that have implemented BOM, implemented BOM in the best way they could. But hey, that is my opinion.

I agree. Though the post I replied to has nothing whatsoever to do with the Legacy body, so the specific subject was implementation. I find it ironic that the makers of what is, in my personal opinion, the lowest-quality of top-tier mesh bodies has the best implementation of BOM. Specifically, the deformer add-on for BOM-specific items so the system layer stuff doesn't look painted-on, and the way they hide toenails with system socks or stocking. Basically taking the Legacy deformer idea and using it to make BOM even better than what it naturally is.

The Legacy people already have the deformer technique down pat; I have Maitreya clothing that fits better on Legacy than it does on Maitreya. They, the Legacy people, need only create "BOM' versions of those deformers the way Maitreya has.

Now we are left to see what Tonic, Eve, and Belleza do with their implementations.

Edited by Alyona Su

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree. Though the post I replied to has nothing whatsoever to do with the Legacy body, so the specific subject was implementation. I find it ironic that the makers of what is, in my personal opinion, the lowest-quality of top-tier mesh bodies has the best implementation of BOM. Specifically, the deformer add-on for BOM-specific items so the system layer stuff doesn't look painted-on, and the way they hide toenails with system socks or stocking. Basically taking the Legacy deformer idea and using it to make BOM even better than what it naturally is.

The Legacy people already have the deformer technique down pat; I have Maitreya clothing that fits better on Legacy than it does on Maitreya. They, the Legacy people, need only create "BOM' versions of those deformers the way Maitreya has.

Now we are left to see what Tonic, Eve, and Belleza do with their implementations.

I give Belleza 2 and a half years to come out with BOM. It took them that long to update to Bento. I actually find for BOM implementation, and I know I am gonna be a traitor for this. I find that Signature did it pretty well. Basically making a bare bones system body, yet giving you a choice to wear the onion layer body, or the system layer body as an update.

27 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I give Belleza 2 and a half years to come out with BOM. It took them that long to update to Bento. I actually find for BOM implementation, and I know I am gonna be a traitor for this. I find that Signature did it pretty well. Basically making a bare bones system body, yet giving you a choice to wear the onion layer body, or the system layer body as an update.

Yes, Maitreya did this also, though their implementation is a single-layer body, and the onion skins are add-ons (you wear only the ones you want if still using appliers) - so you never have to change the body, you're always wearing the base. In other words, all the onion layers are there, but they are separate attachable layers that you attach at-will and only the ones you want at the time. I was told the Aesthetic did this for applier clothing, though I'm not sure, that wa s along time ago, though I remember thinking "Huh, that should be a no-brainer". LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, anianita67 said:

I demoed Legacy's body and its much more defined, more realistic looking than other bodys. 

It certainly is, but the downside is that it's double the complexity of Maitreya, which is why I stopped wearing mine. But there's no denying it's a lovely piece of work.

On 2/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, Atosuria Daviau said:

Slink is hard to beat. Top notch CS! once bought something 2x by mistake, next day she sent me a refund and a private mssg letting me know i made an error and wanted me to have my money back.

• Like 5

On 4/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, AngelCashmere said:

I'm Just Gonna Say They Are 1L Right Now (For The Classic) So You Know What Could It Hurt.

Sidenote: I Know Its An Old Post But I Figured I'd Give An Update.

However, The "Classic" Is A Completely Different Body Which Isn't Compatible With The "Legacy" Body, So Your Update Isn't That Appropriate In This Thread.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Haven't read through all 38 pages of this thread, and dunno if anyone will see this, but...

How on earth do you use the feet deformers?

Background...

I bought the Perky body because I thought it would allow me to wear all my favourite clothes. The notecard in the demo said so. But then after paying five *thousand* L$, I found out it only includes deformers for feet.

Seems like bait and switch, false advertising, to me.

But of course, the "support" account ("LiveHelp," not even a name, talk about unapproachable and inhuman) just threw in my face the disclaimer they have on their wall in-world, which is in tiny, hard-to-see text at the bottom of a wall of other text...

I live on a fixed income and SL is my escape from RL trauma. Losing this kind of money, pretty much being laughed at by the tricksters, and then having no recourse (I guess LL doesn't care about lowkey scams)... is pretty ****ing upsetting.

The body itself is gorgeous. I can achieve a much more realistic look than with any other body (except maybe Belleza Venus). But, like Venus, most creators don't seem to want to support Perky because it's smaller, and apparently the demand is more for unrealistically curvy. It's so frustrating.

So here am I wearing the damn thing just so I haven't completely wasted my money. At least I know that clothing I buy also comes with Maitreya etc versions so I won't have lost my wardrobe too, if/when these scammers decide to take their money and run (again).

But to my original question, how the heck do the feet deformers work?? The notecard (which they flat out told me is the same as the one for the regular Legacy because they are too lazy to correct it for the other body) only says to unpack the deformer zip and "follow the instructions." Except there are none. I unpacked it, and it just contained an object called ""fit deformer (feet)" and when I wear that, I get an extra set of feet attached to my avi (see pic attached). Their website is useless, their group is useless (when I first bought the body and asked a question there, people responded with nothing but snark), and obviously the creators themselves are worse than useless.

So can anyone please tell me if there's even a way to get this thing to work?

Legacy feet deformers.png

• Sad 2

On 6/7/2020 at 10:45 PM, Khaya Leistone said:

The body itself is gorgeous. I can achieve a much more realistic look than with any other body (except maybe Belleza Venus). But, like Venus, most creators don't seem to want to support Perky because it's smaller, and apparently the demand is more for unrealistically curvy. It's so frustrating.

@Khaya Leistone Just wanted to respond to this point because you're new to Legacy and may not know... but the only difference (aside from the lack of deformers) between the original Legacy body and the Perky Legacy body is the shape of the breasts. So all Legacy bottoms fit both bodies because the bottom half is identical and TBH even a lot of tops that fully cover the breast will work for Perky as well because the back/tummy/arms/etc. are the same between the bodies too. Hopefully you have more clothing choices than you realize! Also, Perky is very new and I'm already seeing quite a lot of designers creating for that breast shape and I know more will follow.

And as an aside, Perky was made as much for those who want a very small bustline as well as those who want huge anime boobies. It's a shape thing, not a size thing, but one can say that shape lends itself better to either very small or very large. The original has a more all over rounded shape whereas the perky has a more upwardly pointed shape, with the weight more at the bottom than an all over fullness. Does that make sense? I'm struggling to describe what I visually see, but I hope it does. It is true I can achieve a slightly smaller look with my Perky body because the shape accommodates it better, but my original Legacy body looks great with what is basically a natural B cup size. Both bodies are super versatile, whether going for a thin or a curvy look.

• Like 1

As much as I said I never would again buy anything from TMP..I mean I was dead set against it and probably even have some posts in this thread  and about any thread I ever seen..

Anyways, as much as I felt bitten in the past, I decided to go ahead and give them another try..

I just bought their perky body..

I don't know what I'm in for as far as shopping for things for it..I just decided, Heck with it,lets give it a try.. It's not like I'm actually getting plastic surgery and can't revert back..

Sometimes good can come from going against your own grain..

We'll see..hehehe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As much as I said I never would again buy anything from TMP..I mean I was dead set against it and probably even have some posts in this thread  and about any thread I ever seen..

Anyways, as much as I felt bitten in the past, I decided to go ahead and give them another try..

I just bought their perky body..

I don't know what I'm in for as far as shopping for things for it..I just decided, Heck with it,lets give it a try.. It's not like I'm actually getting plastic surgery and can't revert back..

Sometimes good can come from going against your own grain..

We'll see..hehehe

I'm seeing many clothes with Perky sizes included along with Legacy and Maitreya. You should be fine. Legacy is a beautiful body - its just too heavy on complexity for my liking.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I'm seeing many clothes with Perky sizes included along with Legacy and Maitreya. You should be fine. Legacy is a beautiful body - its just too heavy on complexity for my liking.

I think I'm just really looking for something different is all..

I've shopped Maitreya things since the body has been around..

Honestly,I don't really know what I'm looking for, so I'm just trying different avenues in a few places in my SL.. hehehehe

• Like 1

I admit I've on principal been opposed to Legacy. Felt burned with TMP deluxe back in the day. So I was skeptical and leery of Legacy. I did eventually bite and pulled the trigger on Legacy Perky. After spending several hours playing with the body and shape options. I have to give credit, it's a really nice body. Sure it's a higher complexity then alice , hourglass , and maitreya which I normally use. But it's not that much higher. I'm not all in and drinking the legacy cool aid nor am I getting on the hype train. I see more and more stuff getting released with a legacy or legacy & perky options. I still am no fan of the third party off grid server system the Legacy hud uses, but nothing's perfect.  The neck seem issues seem largely fixed and bom works pretty smoothly with the body. Overall not sure it's worth the 5k price, but it is a pretty nice sculpt to the body and the level of detail on the body is impressive. It plays very well with body sliders also a plus.  So overall I'm surprised and willing to see where things go  if I end up wearing Legacy full time, or revert to the usual's I mentioned previously. Anyways more options creates greater diversity and less of a clone army and that's Fantastic. 

Peace. 

I have not tried on a demo of Legacy Perky. I am afraid I will like it too much. I have been wearing Maitreya since it was released and it is a great body... Generous free updates when it is something new... I have a deep loyalty to the Maitreya brand, but I feel a bit restless because it has been so many years. I wish Maitreya released another body. I will rather give my money to  @Onyx LeShelle

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have not tried on a demo of Legacy Perky. I am afraid I will like it too much. I have been wearing Maitreya since it was released and it is a great body... Generous free updates when it is something new... I have a deep loyalty to the Maitreya brand, but I feel a bit restless because it has been so many years. I wish Maitreya released another body. I will rather give my money to  @Onyx LeShelle

I feel the same thing. Lara is definitely my favorite body, but I wish @Onyx LeShelle (Maitreya) can give it an update with more realistic features (specially in the tummy and breasts regions) or launch a new body. I would totally go for it since I have never had any kind of problems with Lara.

Edited by mistika Magic
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistika Magic said:

I feel the same thing. Lara is definitely my favorite body, but I wish @Onyx LeShelle (Maitreya) can give it an update with more realistic features (specially in the tummy and breasts regions) or launch a new body. I would totally go for it since I have never had any kind of problems with Lara.

For all we know, he/she might be working on one as we speak :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

For all we know, he/she might be working on one as we speak :)

That would be absolute heaven.

I have been using my Legacy body as much as possible, but it's still near next to impossible to find clothes I actually like for it. I don't use the deformers as they make the body look nothing like what I bought it for.. if I want to wear Maitreya clothing, i'll just wear my Maitreya body. Easy. I would not buy the perky if I already have the other. I was already flabbergasted with the v2 versions for the Genus heads. Another 5.5k for a minor difference(such as babyface being the lips; was not worth it for me).

I expect many other things to go up in price just because people are apparently so okay with these. Can't wait to see 10k bodies and heads.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.