The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

I just found it - flying along the coastline - and it is very near my alts house in Axim (a little up the hill).

I think that you got the house that @iBrat caught in the Axim release.

It is astonishing but even these jewels seem to change owners from time to time!

Two houses to the west from yours was a Continental in purple which for me kind of spoiled my view. That has changed to a Winchester in beige that fits nicely into the landscape. Migfht have just been a change of housetypes bur I think it was a change of owners.

So I will not give up my dream of a seafront house and keep refreshing. ;)

At the moment my main caught a house in Lostbell but it is in the second row across the street balcony facing the wrong direction so I am likely to abandon that and try for a beachlot when the regions further south are released ... or (as your example shows) ... an abandoned,

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I just found it - flying along the coastline - and it is very near my alts house in Axim (a little up the hill).

I think that you got the house that @iBrat caught in the Axim release.

It is astonishing but even these jewels seem to change owners from time to time!

Two houses to the west from yours was a Continental in purple which for me kind of spoiled my view. That has changed to a Winchester in beige that fits nicely into the landscape. Migfht have just been a change of housetypes bur I think it was a change of owners.

So I will not give up my dream of a seafront house and keep refreshing. ;)

At the moment my main caught a house in Lostbell but it is in the second row across the street balcony facing the wrong direction so I am likely to abandon that and try for a beachlot when the regions further south are released ... or (as your example shows) ... an abandoned,

OMG that purple house what what inspired me to build that pergola/seating area; it just stood out too much! But now when I've finally stopped building it's changed... never mind! I only noticed that it was beige today so if i get bored enough I can remake my add-on without that back wall and open it up again. See how I feel tomorrow. With the rate homes change hands the house beside me could be bright yellow tomorrow! This is why I'm SO glad we can't change the exterior (without add-ons of course). 

I forgot you were in Axim too, I should go visit sometime! And absolutely it's amazing to see what homes are abandoned; as they say one man's trash is another's treasure. It does feel strange to not be refreshing after all these months. I feel a little... lost? I can get used to that though too! 

Thanks iBrat too! ❤️

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added thanks!
  • Like 3

I'm having fun decorating for Halloween. 

Snapshot_1217.thumb.png.4341c2ed4b69a1d3237ffba12b100e96.png

So far I have a wraith and zombies wandering around, I'm looking for some textures to make the exterior walls look cracked, as well as some of the windows.  I'm not sure if I'll furnish the house or not, right now I have a shadow sculpty so it looks really dark in there.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

So far I have a wraith and zombies wandering around, I'm looking for some textures to make the exterior walls look cracked, as well as some of the windows.  I'm not sure if I'll furnish the house or not, right now I have a shadow sculpty so it looks really dark in there.

Not sure if external links are allowed (if not am sure a Mod will delete). If so these might help maybe;

https://www.texturemax.com/category/textures/decals/concrete-decals/

https://www.textures.com/search?q=crack decals

http://www.textures4photoshop.com/tex/tags/crack-decals.aspx

https://www.goodtextures.com/search?q=decal

That's just to start you off if that's something you're interested in. A browser search of decal might yield better results. Looking good so far! 👍

Edited by RaeLeeH
Chronic Typonese.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What wall fountain is that and how many LI is it please?

I built it. I think from memory it's about 3 LI (4 if you add the particle emitter/sound prim) but that's on strong/high LOD (would be less for lower). I'd have to double check that. If you want I can send you a copy to play around with? Let me know. :) 

40 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I built it. I think from memory it's about 3 LI (4 if you add the particle emitter/sound prim) but that's on strong/high LOD (would be less for lower). I'd have to double check that. If you want I can send you a copy to play around with? Let me know. :) 

I'd love one please.  it looks pretty similar to something I picked up ages ago and liked, but that one is really old and very primmy.  I've been digging around in inventory trying to figure out if I have pieces to make an updated version that is less primmy.  Thus another starting place to play with would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

The other day, @RaeLeeH said I ought to consider doing a flying travelogue.  I've actually been thinking about that, despite the fact that I tend to get airsick. OK, really airsick. I am such a wuss.

I just had to wait for the right time to take a deep breath and try it. And I needed to get a reliable flight system.

1366686600_Witch9-26-2019_1.png.06586860ca4ddb821f28f5f2ff72a645.png

Here I am at the runway on Bellisseria Fairgrounds, suited up and ready to go.  The broom is an Intrepid Mark VI, capable of crossing a region in under 5 seconds (although a little bumpy at boundaries).  The cauldron of dramamine is for settling my preflight nerves. The cape and the heated pumpkins are for ... well, I get chilly.

755754599_Witch9-26-2019_3.png.1d65786eb9711c15ac0c2435589895c6.png

Rather than attract too much attention, I headed off after dark. I also figured that I might feel less overwhelmed if I couldn't see very far.  I took a brief look back at the Fairgrounds, and headed north.

2113621964_Witch9-26-2019_4.png.1efb600e9798b2e411998c309f9f658a.png

Before I knew it, I reached the lighthouse at Calm Waves and was almost blinded by the light. Surprisingly, almost nobody was around, which was just as well. If I was going to crash in a great ignominious heap, I didn't want spectators.

172037499_Witch9-26-2019_10.png.59730086cd4d79b017cd8a7c0b8d744b.png

It's really quite pretty up there after dark. The air temperature was cool enough to keep me alert, and there was almost no breeze.

230363579_Witch9-26-2019_2.png.5b534b20b13a8e2747a99e77cc459b5b.png

I have to tell you, though, there are definitely things to be afraid of. Seagulls are a real pain in the broom.  This nasty one kept circling and trying to topple me as I was working my way up the shore toward Residentia.

There are other hazards too, as I discovered.  A freak lightning storm startled me at one point, and even lit up my hat for a second.

1621707658_Witch9-26-2019_7.png.bf84927264c7b84a61bf0fd4742af587.png

I almost flew straight into one of the eeriest-looking windmills I have ever seen, too.  Man, that thing was gigantic and almost silent!  I know how intimidated birds and bats must feel.

553995239_Witch9-26-2019_8.png.d5106a4aba049525e2021ee67a98df29.png

Despite all of the hazards, though, I started having fun.  I soared back and forth, taking in the sights in Gallaudet, Humansville, Residentia, and Fishermans Drop for more than an hour.

It's beautiful country, and homeowners are really getting into the autumn spirit.  Here we are, barely into October and I could find several homes already decorated for Halloween, ready for trick or treaters.

1025495859_Witch9-26-2019_5.png.4345e27ee3a7e80d1dc9985749df685b.png

Ghosts and grinning pumpkins are most popular, some with very imaginative lighting and sounds.

908966649_Witch9-26-2019_6.png.cb65a3af0b5537e7ade8d8b4b2570fb9.png

It was all enough to make me forget almost completely about my nervous stomach. Flying isn't all that bad, I guess ....  if you have calm air and a flight system (and dramamine) you can trust.

1399882242_Witch9-26-2019_9.png.47c9f7d329405103a01b6867aabed6db.png

It also helps to have plenty to take your mind off of all the things that can go wrong.  I think I'll still prefer staying on the ground for my explorations, but folks in this part of Bellisseria really know how to make a lady feel at ease.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd love one please.  it looks pretty similar to something I picked up ages ago and liked, but that one is really old and very primmy.  I've been digging around in inventory trying to figure out if I have pieces to make an updated version that is less primmy.  Thus another starting place to play with would be greatly appreciated.

Sent (I hope). With the animated water, sound/particle emitter and light prim it comes in at 6 LI but can be modified to take out the parts you don't want as far as I know (I really need to stop being lazy and get an alt in to check perms but *shrugs*). With lower LOD could reduce the LI by another 1 or 2 tops but might not be worth the effort. See what you think. :) 

And @Rolig Loon; another amazing read! I love the way you make something that could otherwise seem so pedestrian in nature sound so entertaining and creative. I wouldn't have thought to write any kind of travelogue from that perspective; then again I'm more of a "see it and say it" kind of person sans the imaginative flair. So now you have covered air, land, and sea what's next?? Inquiring minds NEED to know! 😊👍❤️

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit. Naturally.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

🧟‍♀️😍 I'm having too much fun with this 😀

Snapshot_1230

My nuclear worms even have made an appearance 😱

Snapshot_1231

I thought I would be clever, and set up a shared media prim to play a Halloween music video on repeat, but I noticed for some reason I could hear it outside of my parcel, even when I have my land set to limit sounds to my parcel only.  So now, I'm looking for a shoutcast station that has spooky music playing.

• Like 14

On 9/29/2019 at 12:35 PM, RaeLeeH said:

^ Entertainment area (from other side).

364882871_6_AXIMpergola1.thumb.png.44da2a27c3de00d1148e078c27ccb752.png

^ Pergola or Gazebo or something area.

^ Back yard.

1178537937_9_AXIMbirdseye.thumb.png.e8a9fcfced3fdee8c13829fac67b5214.png

^ Bird's eye view.

I didn't add any pics of the interior as I kept that the same as the old house (cheating, I know, but why fix what ain't broke?)

Nice view you got water for days lol, I was planning on putting that pergola outside my hubby's house since it has all beach terrain also may still do it, I like the look and feel it gives in your pic even though he does not have a water view lol.

• Like 3

On 9/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, Rolig Loon said:

1399882242_Witch9-26-2019_9.png.47c9f7d329405103a01b6867aabed6db.png

Would me nice to see a witch parade on Halloween multiple people flying around all areas of bellisseria.

Would also be cute when Christmas comes to have someone dress up like santa and fly around on their sleigh just giving that holiday cheer for those that celebrate.

• Like 2