The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

On 10/3/2019 at 11:07 PM, tootsiepop1 said:

Nice view you got water for days lol, I was planning on putting that pergola outside my hubby's house since it has all beach terrain also may still do it, I like the look and feel it gives in your pic even though he does not have a water view lol.

Yep, a low draw distance and de-rendered trees also helps!

Also it wouldn't be that particular pergola as I built that one specifically for that site but it's a basic build to be honest, pretty much anyone could do it I'd think.  I could separate it from the rest and remesh; I have the bones of it saved as I do all builds. Either way. :)

And since posting those pics I've pulled the Winchester down and am currently working on the Adams again. I really do prefer the smaller houses, and the Adams is my absolute favourite. So far I've built a porch and added a few internal walls and doors. The rest is packing boxes and a neat sign I picked up from the MP that gives the appearance I just bought the house and am moving in so it doesn't ruin the immersion for my neighbours. And that's another reason I pulled down my Winchester build. As much as I liked it at the time when I cammed across the road and looked back on my yard I had effectively blocked the ocean view off for them. It's a trivial reason perhaps but it made me feel bad so the high fence had to go. Anyway, pics to follow (when I eventually get around to finishing the decorating). Here's the pic I used on the real estate sign out front. Doesn't show much but *shrugs*, it's a start.

housepic.thumb.png.669358e05f4880c69fcf33327ccdf628.png

Edited by RaeLeeH
Typonese!
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Cruise ship ride around Pickle island

South dock Pickle Island_015.jpg

ooookay.  Beautiful pics!  Now, about this cruise ship.  Is it this one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BOXED-Man-E-Quine-Cruise-Ship/2684877

And if so, did you rez all 1700+ prims of it in a rez zone?  Or did you do the temp-rez thing?  And if temp-rez, does the rest of the boat attach to you?

Can you realistically take it across region boundaries?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

ooookay.  Beautiful pics!  Now, about this cruise ship.  Is it this one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BOXED-Man-E-Quine-Cruise-Ship/2684877

And if so, did you rez all 1700+ prims of it in a rez zone?  Or did you do the temp-rez thing?  And if temp-rez, does the rest of the boat attach to you?

Can you realistically take it across region boundaries?

Thanks very much. 

The cruise ship rezzed alright in rez zones in some areas however it does encounter trouble when trying to set off.

The captain area on the bridge is cool and all you have to do is click ride > approve the notifications to attach everything. 

Region crossings work fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After my midnight trip last week, I was ready for more sedate exploration this weekend. It's been raining non-stop in RL, so I decided that what I needed to fight off the blahs was a short trip down the west coast of Bellisseria. This is some of the prettiest coastline on the continent, and the oldest. (Gosh, have we come so far since April that we can really talk about any part of Bellisseira as the "oldest"?)

I started my gentle journey at a small park nestled among the rocks  in Libria.  This is one of the continent's many hidden neighborhood parks, a lovely place to sit and listen -- OK, imagine listening -- to the waves.

1392671770_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_1.png.0135fc23c4eebc0681b21b131a42e13f.png

My scooter's battery was on full charge, and its large wheels are ideal for rolling over the dunes.  Off I went, headed south.

1843342981_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_2.png.83096a3665b3d8ff61eb5d6c5b0c2d7b.png

I had hoped to drop in on a friend in Hartnell, but she wasn't home.  Instead, I checked out the pool area down by the houseboat moorings.

1111562626_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_3.png.f230e322f420844bab9fe9f647bcee86.png

If you want a great spot to relax on a Sunday afternoon, this is it. It's quiet and well-laid out, and the water is delightfully warm.

572727587_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_4.png.1a1af9e62bbea8400780de2115fead53.png

The coastline from Hartnell through LaRoux and West Allen is a sandy stretch, bounded to the east by some fairly steep slopes and rocks. It's worth climbing up every once in a while to take in the view,

681346264_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_5.png.56949238b4cdd302c3c36b5c51d57f1e.png

although it would have made more sense to leave the scooter at the bottom and walk up. In a few places, the best way over the rocks is a set of very long steps .. not the easiest to climb with a scooter.

3681672_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_6.png.fafe065f62a5a0c16edb9ef006865543.png

There are houseboat moorings all along this stretch of the coast, an ideal place to own property. There are also some beautiful long beaches, especially once you get to Gazaway and beyond.  You may recall that my horse and I traveled up the coast from the south a few weeks ago, stopping at a little park in Standard.  I didn't get quite that far south this time, but I could almost see it from this wooded park at the north end of Heathstone.

907190188_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_7.png.64a00ecacf4bc400eae609e71745053c.png

If you look further along the shore from here, you can spot Chic Aeon's house (one of the gray/white Winchesters about where the pinnacle rocks are).  She's posted some beautiful atmospheric photos taken around here.

730377361_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_8.png.86268a63a0dbb93b5e5299e6be6c0309.png

I decided this was a good place to park the scooter and flop down on the sand. 

1304017686_Libria10-1-20199-26-2019_9.png.295bd2ef8d073c4d702db62090f24395.png

It's Sunday, the sun is shining in SL, and I can hardly hear the rain pouring down outside my RL window. It's a great place to flake out for the rest of the day.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 18

Yesterday Cian and I said goodbye to our very first home in Bellisseria.  It was hard to let the parcel go, but the call of that ever elusive houseboat was calling us again. 😢

Farewell Buitenwijk, a region I could barely spell, let alone pronounce.  Never the less, it was a great location and had beautiful sunsets. I hope the new home owner enjoys it as much as we did for the last 4 months.  Last photo taken of our place before we released the parcel.

134086134_Buitenwijkregion_001.thumb.png.1b42e426b761c282c91c8b7fb3ff0885.png

• Like 9

Today, with some wonderful luck, we finally landed our houseboat!  We've been working on the place and trying to set things up.  Finally, partially done, we decided it was time to relax for the evening.  After 2 years of living on a houseboat up around the Blake Sea, this feels like coming home again.  😊

Our parcel home name of course is, Ships Go East.

Tis the Set of the Sail -or- One Ships Sails East

But to every mind there openeth,
A way, and way, and away,
A high soul climbs the highway,
And the low soul gropes the low,
And in between on the misty flats,
The rest drift to and fro.
But to every man there openeth,
A high way and a low,
And every mind decideth,
The way his soul shall go.
One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
'Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.
Like the winds of the sea
Are the waves of time,
As we journey along through life,
'Tis the set of the soul,
That determines the goal,
And not the calm or the strife.

2094995893_ShipsGoEast.thumb.png.8831f32fa31f9faa913d489a07fa1aea.png

395033020_ShipsGoEast(2).thumb.png.ec3ca5aa207470199be8c98cced2436a.png

• Like 10

As some of you might remember I recently moved into a parcel by the water's edge in Axim. It took me all this time (on and off) trying to get things to flow. I struggled initially because I couldn't decide which style to use or what to do with it. I've always preferred the smaller house styles and the Adams is my absolute favourite. It's also a nice change to the landscape that's otherwise choc-full of Winchesters. I don't have anything against that style I just didn't need all that space; I wasn't using it. 

I've used almost all the same furniture that I had in the last house, minus a few pieces. As of writing this I had 26 LI left and just used 20 of that for Halloween decorations. I wasn't going to decorate for Halloween as we don't really celebrate it here in Australia but my neighbour across the street has a nice set-up so it seemed like the thing to do. My Zooby Animesh baby Riley takes up 110 LI and I could save another 10 if I changed her clothing but I like the option of clothing styles that I hadn't been able to attach to her before now. If things get desperate I have that option.

Anyway, on to the pics...

Axim_1.thumb.png.54513e620b5fa884d4410ce0cdb3ab7c.png

^ Front porch with the Halloween decorations. I built this porch as a nod to @Blush Bravin whose Porch Life for the Alderley I loved so much, and since I couldn't find anything like it for the Adams I built it myself. So this was a nod to her. 👍 It comes in at 44 LI but is high LOD meaning it shouldn't crumble even on the lowest graphics settings.

Axim_8.thumb.png.acbca7d3803532086c2eeac95257e0c2.png

^ Living room. I did away with the usual cluster of wall frames I've always had and replaced that with a slideshow on the laptop. Doing so saved 6 LI and a slight reduction on lag from so many larger textures. In this doorway where the pic was taken is the baby gate I had in my old house as some might remember. Wasn't really worth taking a second picture just to showcase that.

Axim_9.thumb.png.28e5399a6cc9137829daad3aba0532d2.png

^ Bedroom. All the doors pictured slide open and closed. I also built the additional walls and the glass inserts over the doors just to reduce the height and give things a more uniform feel throughout.

Axim_10.thumb.png.95d1b7604f79255e0d5991982cde938e.png

^ Second bedroom, or Riley's room. This side of the wall you don't see includes the change table, diaper stack and toy box.

Axim_12.thumb.png.225b206b1522e836e73dcb42fc943a7b.png

^ Kitchen (part 1). Looking from the kitchen to the dining section that overlooks the back yard. I just love that view! 

(To be continued...)

• Like 16

(Part 2 of my previous post)

Axim_13.thumb.png.3216fa857078dfecaeb22429b246f84f.png

^ The kitchen (part 2). Not the best view I guess but the double doors lead to the bathroom. The kitchen cabinets and fridge are from ROOST; the Mitchell set (white) in case anyone was wondering.

Axim_15.thumb.png.43eb9f3d8dc2b98b1e0914c1f830f09a.png

^ The bathroom. Yes, that tub is huge! But as it's a tub/spa it's a touch of luxury for a single mother, really. And it has bento animations and is 6 LI! 

Axim_4.thumb.png.2f60a8668c0ac37bf4313d2d25f44309.png

^ The entertainment area / backyard. Either follow the porch around or leave the kitchen door; both converge here. You can just make out the BBQ in the left corner. Bear in mind draw distance is about 42 and I've de-rendered a tree that was there on the rocks so if you happen to visit you won't see that exact view unless you do that too. ;) 

Axim_22.thumb.png.f500517543bef65ca0a77e2d3d153d01.png

^ The backyard (right). I decided to keep the landscaping simple this time around to maximize that coastal, beachy feeling that was already there. The clothes line is the exact same one I built for my previous Winchester home and matches the porch perfectly which was nice.

Axim_23.thumb.png.40f131c3571d5520b381ac16200b8c43.png

^ The backyard (left). The umbrella was separated from the table seen in the background and resized. I thought it was a realistic touch so that Riley could play in the shade under my watchful eye while I lay back and watch the various boats and planes go by (and yes, she does play with an attachment toy).

All in all I can honestly say this is the first time in almost 6 months now a house finally feels like a home (Has it really been so long since the initial release?) And while undoubtedly I can (and will) tweak it forever, as it stands right now I love it! Thanks again to the wonderful Lindens and Moles for creating such an awesome environment and a place to call my virtual home, and thanks too to those who abandon their homes for whatever reason so folks like me can catch dream locations like this! ❤️

If you're curious it's here (and just down the road from the lovely @Leora Jacobus) ; http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Axim/236/96/25

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added link.
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@Patch Linden I've had an older style linden home for quite some time and for the past few months I've really been looking forwards to the release of some of the newer styles but nothing really has come out yet beyond the stuff that was shown/hinted at SLB16.  Currently I have one of the traditional Japanese style linden homes and I was wondering if you knew if something similar in a more earthy/naturey/kind of chill look would be coming out in the future?  Also, are those of us in older linden homes going to be getting booted at some point?

I wasn't sure where I should ask this so I figured I'd just post here.

12 hours ago, Shani Torrance said:

@Patch Linden I've had an older style linden home for quite some time and for the past few months I've really been looking forwards to the release of some of the newer styles but nothing really has come out yet beyond the stuff that was shown/hinted at SLB16.  Currently I have one of the traditional Japanese style linden homes and I was wondering if you knew if something similar in a more earthy/naturey/kind of chill look would be coming out in the future?  Also, are those of us in older linden homes going to be getting booted at some point?

I wasn't sure where I should ask this so I figured I'd just post here.

I'll answer some of this for you. 

Patch had originally said there would be at least 8 themes/styles.  So far we have 3 - Traditional Houses, Houseboats, Trailers & Campers.  He never tells us ahead of time what the next theme will be, though he will drop hints.  If you go back and listen the Patch interview in the SL16B Meet the Lindens, he dropped some hints as to what will be coming next, but they are pretty vague.  The latest assumption is that the next theme will be unveiled at the 2019 Christmas Expo which is Dec 5-15.  Shortly before then, he may start dropping hints via pictures here in the forums. 

Note that many have asked for some styles that are more open inside like the older homes and many have specifically mentioned some of the Meadowbrook and Shareta Osumai houses.  Thus I wouldn't be surprised if there is eventually something to fit those requests.

As to getting booted out of the older homes, the answer is YES, but not until some time after there are enough homes for everyone - though not necessarily a home in a specifically wanted theme.  They sure aren't going to kick anyone out before there is new Linden Home for them to move to.  However, they definitely do want to shut down all those old home regions and are planning on doing so "some time" after there is an adequate number of new homes built.

• Like 4

This coming Tuesday, October 15th, will be the 13th Anniversary of Cian and myself, meeting in Second Life back in 2006.  We've been together ever since and will be celebrating with a party at the Bellis Blues Cafe on Tuesday from 10 a.m. - 12 noon and again from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.  We'll be dressing in our old (main) avatar looks for the first half of each event and switching over to our current looks today and ask others to join us. Come as you looked when you first joined SL in your avatar (not newbie look) after you put your looks together and have a second outfit ready for how you look today. Lets celebrate life, love and friendship and have a blast.  

PS:  We won't be at the events as Cian and Prudence, but on our original avatars.  😉

We are wearing some of our original 2006 things. My skin and dress are from 2006.  My shoes and jewelry are around 2008 and my hair is 2011.  His skin, hair and outfit are from between 2007-2008. He was unable to find any 2006 items in his data base. SL chomped 'em I guess.  😅  It was a real chore finding these old outfits in both of our inventories.

1438637189_RedandRav(2006).thumb.png.5aee9be78b49c953563013d891d5f945.png

Our current looks today.  13 years later.  What a journey, babe, you're still the one...

1214283695_RedRavyen(2019).thumb.png.4a682f070764f4ca7810e7865259be3d.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Work in progress. Just moved in yesterday. I am using the Adams house which is my favourite. I constantly change things though including style of house  😁

kitchen.png

The cupboards and accessories in the kitchen are only 3 Li, leaving lots for the Halloween decorations.

living room.png

outside Fuhrbol3.png

Rivendell at Fuhrbol_006.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

This coming Tuesday, October 15th, will be the 13th Anniversary of Cian and myself, meeting in Second Life back in 2006.  We've been together ever since and will be celebrating with a party at the Bellis Blues Cafe on Tuesday from 10 a.m. - 12 noon and again from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.  We'll be dressing in our old (main) avatar looks for the first half of each event and switching over to our current looks today and ask others to join us. Come as you looked when you first joined SL in your avatar (not newbie look) after you put your looks together and have a second outfit ready for how you look today. Lets celebrate life, love and friendship and have a blast.  

PS:  We won't be at the events as Cian and Prudence, but on our original avatars.  😉

We are wearing some of our original 2006 things. My skin and dress are from 2006.  My shoes and jewelry are around 2008 and my hair is 2011.  His skin, hair and outfit are from between 2007-2008. He was unable to find any 2006 items in his data base. SL chomped 'em I guess.  😅  It was a real chore finding these old outfits in both of our inventories.

1438637189_RedandRav(2006).thumb.png.5aee9be78b49c953563013d891d5f945.png

Our current looks today.  13 years later.  What a journey, babe, you're still the one...

1214283695_RedRavyen(2019).thumb.png.4a682f070764f4ca7810e7865259be3d.png

This is beautiful! 💜

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

This is beautiful! 💜

Thank you.  Being that many of our items from 2006 have been purged from our inventories. The SL data base was unable to find many of the items any longer, we had to piece-meal together our looks.  I think my gown in the above photo is actually 2008. But that is my original favorite skin from 2006.  I found an old picture, taken in November of '06, right before we were about to go out on a date.  Photo taken at Plum Welcome area, sitting on the railing.
1032251514_RavyenandMe.png.e1f949ab017c1210b209790dd85e1860.png

• Like 6