The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I joined the group and tried to add a picture - which is currently only in 48 groups - and got the following:

image.png.eed8a19c33e1a7a52f093bca6d9a3959.png

The picture I'm trying to add is marked as "Safe" and "Public"

It might be because Flickr is still screwed up.  I have the group set to opt out and not care how many groups a photo is in. 

I'm so disgusted with them right now. I can't change the header of the group nor the icon. And of course the  already mentioned not being able to search for it. I've written them, and they sent me an email saying "oh we see you're a Pro member you're at the top of our que" but here it is 2 days later with no reply. They really screwed up with the upgrade of the site big time. 

I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything glaringly wrong with it though but I suspect it's Flickr's issue and I hope everyone will be patient for the next few days!

• Like 4

Hey again.
As threatened I have ripped mine up and started again because:

1. I decided my house was too big and empty and thought a smaller space would work better with the LI restrictions.
  2. I saw a picture of someones Zen garden and I thought it looked lovely, so wanted to try my own.
  3. Everyone had the same house on my street, so I thought I'd mix up the neighbourhood a bit!

I'm pretty happy with the results. I've now added rain in the garden, which looks GREAT.. but makes it a pig to click on anything! If anyone can suggest a way of avoiding this I'm open to suggestions!
I didn't want to post too many pics, but I wanted a view of the trees growing over the house.. I'm pretty proud of them :D  
This house was built using the Blushed living add-on which is great. But I did find it a real pain to line up. All the angles were just slightly off and I had to change the angles but fractions of percent to get it to line up. So, use them, but YMMV :) 

Garden close.jpg

Garden through tree.jpg

Kitchen Window.jpg

Tree over house.jpg

• Like 20

41 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Ditto

See my reply to Lil. I think it's Flickr since the site upgrade. They still are having problems with the site according to their Help Forum.

I'm going to take a look at the group just in case but I've been administering Explore Second Life group for a couple of years and I'm pretty used to how to do it by now. 

If anyone else joins (PLEASE DO!) I'll send out a private message to you all once Flickr is working normally (or if it was my fault - I'm not perfect either)

• Like 5

On 5/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

Well, I am just about finished with my Windlass. I only have the top deck to complete. I don't have many prims left at this point but do have enough to make it cozy.

Here's my update:

First, I added a small beach area to the side of the house. My only complaint with my location and with this particular model house is there's no way to access the side facing the water. So I built a simple dock walk from the sliding door in the bedroom, that leads to a tiny sandy spot.  I need a better texture for this as it's reading too gray in photos instead of being a plank texture. I did use more prims here than I intended but it achieved something which I felt was sorely needed. The BBQ/bonfire area isn't there now to save on prims but I'll put them back out if I find I'm ok once the upper deck is completed.

Also on this photo you can see I finished the first upper deck. Furniture added, there's a telescope and I ripped apart a 33 prim canopy completely; used just the main section (1 prim!) and attached 4 of the knotted Soy curtain for a total of 5 prims instead. Retextured it with the supplied pack that came with the house. Also put in a row of bamboo planters (5 of them) which are only 1 prim each to act as a visual screen. 

Isthill, Bellisseria - Windlass Houseboat

Closer view of the deck area

Isthill, Bellisseria - Upper Deck

Next I finished the small alcove that I'm using as a dining area. I was having trouble finding furniture for this that I liked for some reason. Finally, in one of those 1 prims stores I came upon a freebie, a texture change wall unit - what a score that was! Went with one of Apple Fall's new releases for the table and chairs because I love his stuff anyway and each piece was only 1 prim each. The painting was a freebie from Fancy Decor I believe and worked with the house especially since I'm stuck with that navy wall for now.  To continue the green feeling from outdoors added another bamboo planter to separate this area from the bedroom space. 

Isthill, Bellisseria - Dining Alcove of Windlass Houseboat

And,  just because, another beautiful landscape from my deck

Isthill, Bellisseria - View from Upper Deck

I'd hoped to be able to p/u a boat but my prim situation isn't looking like I'll be able to do so. I think I have about 70 left and I still need to do the upper deck. I have tweaked as much as possible inside to reduce prim usage (I swapped out the couch I really loved because I realized it was 11 prims - too much!) and the only item left which has that many is the bed and I'm not willing to change that. I might be able to get another 10-15 prims back if really try hard. 

Love everything you did!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GreatBigHippy said:

But I did find it a real pain to line up. All the angles were just slightly off and I had to change the angles but fractions of percent to get it to line up.

There's a discussion I was reading in one of posts in the section of the forums yesterday, that the houseboats may be slightly off-kilter by fractions of a percent, so some of the homes may be also, which may aggravate getting add-ons easily lined up perfectly. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

There's a discussion I was reading in one of posts in the section of the forums yesterday, that the houseboats may be slightly off-kilter by fractions of a percent, so some of the homes may be also, which may aggravate getting add-ons easily lined up perfectly. 

was wondering about that ... knew it wasn't my glasses 😛

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GreatBigHippy said:

But I did find it a real pain to line up. All the angles were just slightly off and I had to change the angles but fractions of percent to get it to line up. So, use them, but YMMV :) 

2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

was wondering about that ... knew it wasn't my glasses 😛

See this thread:

• Like 6

On 5/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, VanillaHoneyCake said:

Hello again! RL has been busy. Since I last posted, I gave up my traditional home in favor of a houseboat (during the 2nd batch release). I finally got around to taking pictures today. I'm not finished decorating, but close. And then I'll probably decide to change house boat styles and do it all over again, lol.

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Totally adorable stuffz! :) And that first picture takes the cake! ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'll post this bunch on this thread this time.

Semi-redo of my place. Wanted something Mediterranean-ish.

Kitchen may get more added at some point. I just don't have much I can put in it right now. Sticking with the cheapo kitchen over my LAQ kitchen because I cringed hard from the LI usage when I tried that.

LHRedoFront.jpg.c60127b211ecbb1dff7c48afc644bbce.jpgLHRedoLivingRoom2.jpg.a91307d8918132c1f00fd3607680d354.jpgLHRedoLivingRoom.jpg.b86b7acecf00e95db96bc5e6292fbbb8.jpgLHRedoKitchen.jpg.6b3c5ebe461b061d767ad430baf7a8b1.jpgLHRedoDining.jpg.1e7da778138b6d882302f96b0664912c.jpg

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 16

5 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Oooooooooooo, lovely!  Please tell us which windlight setting that is or a bit about it if it is a new one you created?

Home made and not one of my 'Places" in the third party viewers.  And then I played with the homemade one LOL. But the disappearance part is from this part of the Edit Sky Settings (Firestorm).   So play around with those and see what you come up with.

IF EEP ever becomes viable (I have been blocking it out and avoiding) I will perhaps put some of my personal settings up on the Marketplace.  No guarantees though :SwingingFriends:

EDIT: NO post processing besides the vignette shadow I put on all my photos lately, so this IS a Windlight(R) thing. WOOT Windlight! 

image.png.caf10dcdb11d9e7fd7b48597c6b2886b.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BettiRaige said:

so I wonder if there is a way to purchase more prims to continue decorating.

Nope Each parcel is restricted to the same number of prims / LI that comes with every 1024 sqm piece of land.  

Aren't you glad that the houseboat itself doesn't count?  On regular mainland your house/houseboat comes out of your LI rather than the estate's pool.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Well that's a bummer.  I guess I will have to get creative with my choices for furnishings.   I have been looking for pieces with low LI and after looking at this thread I can see its totally possible.    TSM for answering.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

OO, I love that mouse-ear (or is it?) furniture! Plus the little doggie. :)

Fanks. The chairs are Black Bantam Bunny Chairs - probably from a gatcha! The table is ionic kitten table - defo a gatcha. And obviously about 4.5million prims (well.. 6.. but it feels like many more on a 1024 plot!)
I'm gonna turn off my security if peeps wanna visit. I'll post in the appropriate thread when ready :) 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, GreatBigHippy said:

Fanks. The chairs are Black Bantam Bunny Chairs - probably from a gatcha! The table is ionic kitten table - defo a gatcha. And obviously about 4.5million prims (well.. 6.. but it feels like many more on a 1024 plot!)
I'm gonna turn off my security if peeps wanna visit. I'll post in the appropriate thread when ready :) 

Why, it's lovely, truly. 👍 When it's finished, I'll gladly come and take a look!

As for prims, clearly I've been spoiled, living on my private island. I'm used to have plenty prims, and now, OMG, I only have 100 left on my windlass, eep! And I'm only half-done. And even when fully done, it will likely still feel only half-done. 😋

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Why, it's lovely, truly. 👍 When it's finished, I'll gladly come and take a look!

As for prims, clearly I've been spoiled, living on my private island. I'm used to have plenty prims, and now, OMG, I only have 100 left on my windlass, eep! And I'm only half-done. And even when fully done, it will likely still feel only half-done. 😋

This has been such a challenge for me too. I also live on a private island. 5000 prims all for me. I'm still there, it's my alt that has the boathouse. It's been like an HGTV show to me - how much can you squeeze into a small house for xxx amount of $ kind of thing LOL. Right now, I'm pretty pleased with the (near) end result. I have about 30 prims left because I decided I HAD to get a sailboat. I mean, why live on open, sailable water without a boat, right? I'll see how it goes - today I pulled up the small beach I'd put down to free up prims and I might take up the upper deck stair/railing if need be (I'm using the Windlass) which will give me another 15 prims. I have so much outdoor space to use I don't think I'll miss not using that deck anyway. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This has been such a challenge for me too. I also live on a private island. 5000 prims all for me. I'm still there, it's my alt that has the boathouse. It's been like an HGTV show to me - how much can you squeeze into a small house for xxx amount of $ kind of thing LOL. Right now, I'm pretty pleased with the (near) end result. I have about 30 prims left because I decided I HAD to get a sailboat. I mean, why live on open, sailable water without a boat, right? I'll see how it goes - today I pulled up the small beach I'd put down to free up prims and I might take up the upper deck stair/railing if need be (I'm using the Windlass) which will give me another 15 prims. I have so much outdoor space to use I don't think I'll miss not using that deck anyway. 

Hehe, I totally hear ya! :)

HGTV isn't aired here, but I've seen youtube movies of it. I love it! To me, it's like building one of those super-small IKEA mini houses: they're lilke 5m x 5m, and the ingenuity that went into them is nothing short of amazeballs. They're so brilliantly decorated, they don't even feel small. That's how I feel. But more like 'how much can you squeeze into a small house for xxx amount of prim kind of thing LOL.' I'm down to my last 43 prim, now, and still need to do half the bedroom. I link very cleverly, work with 'physics' shapes, etc., but the thing is, I'm a fancy (wind)lass; and fancy is as fancy does, so I used some stuff I know is too primmy, but just too darn pretty to not use.

All-in-all, I haven't had this much fun in SL for like ever. In my old Linden home, LOL, I just had like one token closet and a chair, maybe. For some reason, I never felt compelled to do anything with it. These boats are a different story, though! And I'm pulling all the stops to to try and create something beautiful. At first I even hesitated starting to decorate, as the boat looked so barren, LOL, and I fgured 'How am I ever going to create something nice with this?! I got nothing!' Don't worry, I always feel like that, prior to a new building project. :) But it always works out somehow. But the competition has been stiff, I'll tell ya that. Good thing it really isn't a competition, LOL: just a bunch of very good people making very good stuff. It's a challenge, though, in a good way, to try and dig deep, and come up with something creative.

I've only been at it for a few days, as I only recently got my boat; but I'm anxious to show what I have so far, shortly... Or am I? OMG, I'm so nervous! 😊

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, I totally hear ya! :)

HGTV isn't aired here, but I've seen youtube movies of it. I love it! To me, it's like building one of those super-small IKEA mini houses: they're lilke 5m x 5m, and the ingenuity that went into them is nothing short of amazeballs. They're so brilliantly decorated, they don't even feel small. That's how I feel. But more like 'how much can you squeeze into a small house for xxx amount of prim kind of thing LOL.' I'm down to my last 43 prim, now, and still need to do half the bedroom. I link very cleverly, work with 'physics' shapes, etc., but the thing is, I'm a fancy (wind)lass; and fancy is as fancy does, so I used some stuff I know is too primmy, but just too darn pretty to not use.

All-in-all, I haven't had this much fun in SL for like ever. In my old Linden home, LOL, I just had like one token closet and a chair, maybe. For some reason, I never felt compelled to do anything with it. These boats are a different story, though! And I'm pulling all the stops to to try and create something beautiful. At first I even hesitated starting to decorate, as the boat looked so barren, LOL, and I fgured 'How am I ever going to create something nice with this?! I got nothing!' Don't worry, I always feel like that, prior to a new building project. :) But it always works out somehow. But the competition has been stiff, I'll tell ya that. Good thing it really isn't a competition, LOL: just a bunch of very good people making very good stuff. It's a challenge, though, in a good way, to try and dig deep, and come up with something creative.

I've only been at it for a few days, as I only recently got my boat; but I'm anxious to show what I have so far, shortly... Or am I? OMG, I'm so nervous! 😊

Totally get this. I just stared at mine for days. Was baffled how I was going to handle it. Rezzed each boat several times. Started decorating 3 times and wasn't feeling any of it. The kitchen? I literally must have tried every single kitchen I have in my inventory before I settled on the one I'm using which is actually very simple, no animations and only 6 prims but it's adorable and fit the alcove perfectly. Once I had that, the rest started to come more organically. Now I'm at the home stretch - I need a few more pieces of artwork on the walls, a lounge chair or two, some plants. I figure as long as I have a few prims left to rez a box I'm set lol. And even that I don't need since my alt can always come over to my 5000 prim land and rez boxes to her hearts content 🤣

• Like 3