The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

3 minutes ago, LaLa702 said:

Would have liked a new Linen House or House Boat but congrats to those that were able to participate. #frustrated :(

Keep trying there LaLa... I been at it for weeks too and no luck yet...

So I feel all your frustration... We will get ours too eventually 😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kiramanell said:

@Ashia Tomsen Honestly, I know I get carried away at times, but having just started decorating my windlass too, I just really have to say I'm in total awe over your talent! I can't believe the concepts you pulled here. So stunningly beautiful!

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments! I can't take credit though, it was a group effort with @Sasy Scarborough and @Whimsy Winx xxx

• Like 2

Well, I am just about finished with my Windlass. I only have the top deck to complete. I don't have many prims left at this point but do have enough to make it cozy.

Here's my update:

First, I added a small beach area to the side of the house. My only complaint with my location and with this particular model house is there's no way to access the side facing the water. So I built a simple dock walk from the sliding door in the bedroom, that leads to a tiny sandy spot.  I need a better texture for this as it's reading too gray in photos instead of being a plank texture. I did use more prims here than I intended but it achieved something which I felt was sorely needed. The BBQ/bonfire area isn't there now to save on prims but I'll put them back out if I find I'm ok once the upper deck is completed.

Also on this photo you can see I finished the first upper deck. Furniture added, there's a telescope and I ripped apart a 33 prim canopy completely; used just the main section (1 prim!) and attached 4 of the knotted Soy curtain for a total of 5 prims instead. Retextured it with the supplied pack that came with the house. Also put in a row of bamboo planters (5 of them) which are only 1 prim each to act as a visual screen. 

Isthill, Bellisseria - Windlass Houseboat

Closer view of the deck area

Isthill, Bellisseria - Upper Deck

Next I finished the small alcove that I'm using as a dining area. I was having trouble finding furniture for this that I liked for some reason. Finally, in one of those 1 prims stores I came upon a freebie, a texture change wall unit - what a score that was! Went with one of Apple Fall's new releases for the table and chairs because I love his stuff anyway and each piece was only 1 prim each. The painting was a freebie from Fancy Decor I believe and worked with the house especially since I'm stuck with that navy wall for now.  To continue the green feeling from outdoors added another bamboo planter to separate this area from the bedroom space. 

Isthill, Bellisseria - Dining Alcove of Windlass Houseboat

And,  just because, another beautiful landscape from my deck

Isthill, Bellisseria - View from Upper Deck

I'd hoped to be able to p/u a boat but my prim situation isn't looking like I'll be able to do so. I think I have about 70 left and I still need to do the upper deck. I have tweaked as much as possible inside to reduce prim usage (I swapped out the couch I really loved because I realized it was 11 prims - too much!) and the only item left which has that many is the bed and I'm not willing to change that. I might be able to get another 10-15 prims back if really try hard. 

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Well, I am just about finished with my Windlass. I only have the top deck to complete. I don't have many prims left at this point but do have enough to make it cozy.

Here's my update:

First, I added a small beach area to the side of the house. My only complaint with my location and with this particular model house is there's no way to access the side facing the water. So I built a simple dock walk from the sliding door in the bedroom, that leads to a tiny sandy spot.  I need a better texture for this as it's reading too gray in photos instead of being a plank texture. I did use more prims here than I intended but it achieved something which I felt was sorely needed. The BBQ/bonfire area isn't there now to save on prims but I'll put them back out if I find I'm ok once the upper deck is completed.

Also on this photo you can see I finished the first upper deck. Furniture added, there's a telescope and I ripped apart a 33 prim canopy completely; used just the main section (1 prim!) and attached 4 of the knotted Soy curtain for a total of 5 prims instead. Retextured it with the supplied pack that came with the house. Also put in a row of bamboo planters (5 of them) which are only 1 prim each to act as a visual screen. 

Closer view of the deck area

Next I finished the small alcove that I'm using as a dining area. I was having trouble finding furniture for this that I liked for some reason. Finally, in one of those 1 prims stores I came upon a freebie, a texture change wall unit - what a score that was! Went with one of Apple Fall's new releases for the table and chairs because I love his stuff anyway and each piece was only 1 prim each. The painting was a freebie from Fancy Decor I believe and worked with the house especially since I'm stuck with that navy wall for now.  To continue the green feeling from outdoors added another bamboo planter to separate this area from the bedroom space. 

And,  just because, another beautiful landscape from my deck

I'd hoped to be able to p/u a boat but my prim situation isn't looking like I'll be able to do so. I think I have about 70 left and I still need to do the upper deck. I have tweaked as much as possible inside to reduce prim usage (I swapped out the couch I really loved because I realized it was 11 prims - too much!) and the only item left which has that many is the bed and I'm not willing to change that. I might be able to get another 10-15 prims back if really try hard. 

Lovely, just lovely. I started with a set of stairs and railing on the roof so I could have an upper deck, but took it off. If I can't use enough furniture to make it look good, then I am not using it.

But I have a boat rezzed. A 15 m sailboat that's 46 LI. I can take it away, but now I want it instead of more decor.

shady corner_021ed

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Lovely, just lovely. I started with a set of stairs and railing on the roof so I could have an upper deck, but took it off. If I can't use enough furniture to make it look good, then I am not using it.

But I have a boat rezzed. A 15 m sailboat that's 46 LI. I can take it away, but now I want it instead of more decor.

shady corner_021ed

46 prims isn't *awful* Where did you get that from? I can deal with one a bit smaller even. If I need to, I can cut back on my beach area a bit. Each sandy piece was 7 prims which I didn't realize as I put it in 😮 There's close to 30 prims sitting there so maybe I can get 15 back towards  a vessel :D  Ghosty would be extremely happy about that.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

First, I added a small beach area to the side of the house.

While you might not like the sand color, the beach addition definitely looks more natural than some I've seen -- sort of like the houseboat got stuck on a small sandbar blip.  While I know that SL is not necessarily about realism, in the house/houseboat areas, I actually prefer the ones that do tend to look more realistic.  A few of the 'beach' setups that I've seen, just seem to look a bit out of place to me.

Side note --- Where did you get your sliding door that you have for your bathroom?  And did you just make the walls out of prims or get a mesh piece with a door hole already in it?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While you might not like the sand color, the beach addition definitely looks more natural than some I've seen -- sort of like the houseboat got stuck on a small sandbar blip.  While I know that SL is not necessarily about realism, in the house/houseboat areas, I actually prefer the ones that do tend to look more realistic.  A few of the 'beach' setups that I've seen, just seem to look a bit out of place to me.

Side note --- Where did you get your sliding door that you have for your bathroom?  And did you just make the walls out of prims or get a mesh piece with a door hole already in it?

Is that Linden Sand, like is that the actual Sim texture, or one of those little sand thingies you can buy from MP? Because that Sand looks really good, and at a much higher definition.

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Is that Linden Sand, like is that the actual Sim texture, or one of those little sand thingies you can buy from MP? Because that Sand looks really good, and at a much higher definition.

Paging @Elora Lunasea

From the original post and a comment Elora made on another post, I believe the sandy area is sand textured prims.  One of her comments was that each sandy piece was 7 prims, totally almost 30 prims for the entire sandy area.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Paging @Elora Lunasea

From the original post and a comment Elora made on another post, I believe the sandy area is sand textured prims.  One of her comments was that each sandy piece was 7 prims, totally almost 30 prims for the entire sandy area.

Exactly yes. I forgot off hand the creator. I used 2 of the pieces which included wave action. So 15 prims for those. The trees are 4 prims each and the bushes I believe are 2 each. I also have some rocks at 1 prim each and I included the other items in the total for a 30 prim all in. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that! I'll look up the creator later - it's someone fairly well known for his beach items (not Studio Skye).

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"While you might not like the sand color, the beach addition definitely looks more natural than some I've seen -- sort of like the houseboat got stuck on a small sandbar blip.  While I know that SL is not necessarily about realism, in the house/houseboat areas, I actually prefer the ones that do tend to look more realistic.  A few of the 'beach' setups that I've seen, just seem to look a bit out of place to me.

Side note --- Where did you get your sliding door that you have for your bathroom?  And did you just make the walls out of prims or get a mesh piece with a door hole already in it?"

Lil - I'll look up the door. I got it on the marketplace. I made the walls out of prims. Texture was something I found online - it's a ship lap texture. It's transfer so I can send it to you but not copy so if you need a bunch of them to play with let me know and I'll send multiples.

FYI, I just wrote about the beach piece but forgot to mention that it has options to change the color of the sand, waves, transparency of the water, wave speed, etc. It was not cheap but well worth the money for the realism it has. Again, when I'm able to log in I'll let you all know who makes it. Pretty sure it's what I also use on my sim.  Also, the landscaping there is incredibly realistic too, with motion which adds nice ambiance. I picked up an ocean sound object somewhere so when out there it really gives the feeling of being outside with waves lapping around you!

Edited by Elora Lunasea
For some reason this lost the quote!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok so here's the creator info for @LittleMe Jewell and whomever else is interested about the beach stuff.

First it is pricey. For me, it didn't matter too much because it's an alt living on the houseboat and I live on a private sim - so anything I purchase is also used for that land also. If someone is only looking to use this for a small home it really does not make sense to spend this much and I'm sure there are other options that will do the trick.

Beach is Naima Las Islas by Naiman Broome, There is an in-world location which is really great to walk through. 

Marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/18789

I bought the Seamless Shoreline, Short, Hibiscus, Grass and Palm Trees Short packages.

The shoreline has the waves attached and has options for sand color, wave color, wave transparency, wave speed. It's quite impressive. The trees, bushes and grasses all come with versions that are animated which adds great ambiance. 

The door to my bathroom is by Brocante - Barn Door Slider, Whitewash. Lots of others available but this one was reasonably priced. I was kind of shocked how much money other creators were charging for such a simple item.  I was familiar with this creator so I trusted that it would look good once it arrived. It's 5 prims and can sit left or right. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/brocante-barn-door-slider-whitewash-box/14372917

FYI I tend to p/u textures to use for interior walls searching with Google. One of my favorites is a paint company Farrow and Ball who make some of the most gorgeous paint tones I've ever seen. Just find a good sized sample swatch of theirs online without any writing on it and "save as" and upload to SL. Caveat is sometimes they are copyright protected and won't save correctly but there are plenty of them that will save perfectly fine. 

EDIT: As an explanation I work in design 😄 for a rather well known architectural company in NYC so I'm kind of picky and detail oriented about the small stuff 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ok basically Astralia has a cute patio pack at Uber and also some add-ons for each houseboat model

But I can't seem to figure out how to remove this stupid image I put here that I thought would be larger so oh well lol.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
didn't work right
  • Like 4