̶W̶H̶O̶ ̶W̶I̶L̶L̶ ̶A̶W̶A̶R̶D̶ ̶M̶E̶ ̶M̶Y̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶0̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶3̶0̶0̶T̶H̶ ̶R̶E̶P̶U̶T̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶P̶O̶I̶N̶T̶?̶?̶ I WANT TO THANK ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is even a Winners Board,  https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard where you can see all of the current Leaders and previous Leaders by category and/or time, as well as the Top members overall .

image.thumb.png.7fef4effa47516da1ae08f2f71c180b4.png

Sighs well I guess it explains why some spam any old dross that comes to mind, its obviously a leadership board bid. Who thought this was a good idea and implemented it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Some likely are, yes. I know of at least one person (still active) who used to post a hell of a lot, and who eventually admitted in a forum post that they posted so frequently because they wanted to 'win the day' (have the most liked content each day - it shows up at the top of your profile) as often as they could.

I just couldn't keep up with the new forum celebrities.

I tried counseling, but none of them would leave.

...sniffles.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Sighs well I guess it explains why some spam any old dross that comes to mind, its obviously a leadership board bid. Who thought this was a good idea and implemented it?

I think it represents a pretty obvious example of the kind of use of metrics we see everywhere now. It's social engineering through a doomed attempt to quantify the ineffable.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

I think it just came with the software and they left it enabled.  

They did make some sort of change quite a while back, though I don't remember the specifics.  I just remember that there was some sort of link to that board that was easier to find.  Now, I'm not sure there is any way to get to it unless you already have the link.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think it represents a pretty obvious example of the kind of use of metrics we see everywhere now. It's social engineering through a doomed attempt to quantify the ineffable.

I think they misread the functional description and mistook meretricious award for merit award

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They did make some sort of change quite a while back, though I don't remember the specifics.

There was an update to the board that reset those Days Won numbers. I recall that one or two people were quite upset about that ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Be careful what you wish for...

Phearsom Phorum Phil decided to publicly ignore me when MY rep overtook his, the idea that I had more rep points in 8 months and 800 posts than he had in 8 years and 8000 posts just pushed him over the edge.

Who will become your sworn forum-enemy when you have all these new rep points? :D 

PS. 207 now...

I don't think reputation points have been around for 8 years though..

Didn't they just start when this version of the forums came around? I think this is the first version where we could do likes and such in them..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Didn't they just start when this version of the forums came around? I think this is the first version where we could do likes and such in them..

LMAO, hey I never claimed he was being LOGICAL...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Didn't they just start when this version of the forums came around?

You could get kudos in the non-general sections of the previous forum.  Those kudos carried over as rep points.  People like Rolig that were very active and very helpful had a jump start on the new reputation system

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In the previous forum incarnation, you could only earn reputation points (Kudos) in the Answers section (which was easy to find) and generally got only a point or so for a helpful answer. Rolig, Lindal, Val and other Answerers all earned their points, one or two at a time, by being helpful. I took LL years to realize I was over there too, and they finally did something about it.

Now, the Answers section is so far down the main forum page my iPhone battery dies before I can scroll to it, and you can earn 21 points by posting a selfie.

Dopamine for the win!

Though I'll be wistful for the days when Rolig, Lindal, Val and other helpful souls had towering Kudos flags, I'm pretty sure they never cared about that metric. Ultimately, we want whatever works best for SL overall, so we continue to have a place to let our imaginations roam. Well, that's what I tell myself.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me wanders off to do a bunch of Likes on Lindal's posts

You know, if enough people react to a past post, you can actually end up winning an old date after the fact.

Yes, yes, yes. That's all very well and interesting.

But what about MEEEEEEEEEEEEE . . . ?????

People, I think we're losing our focus here! Let's get our minds and our busy mouse buttons back on the IMPORTANT things, please!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, yes, yes. That's all very well and interesting.

But what about MEEEEEEEEEEEEE . . . ?????

People, I think we're losing our focus here! Let's get our minds and our busy mouse buttons back on the IMPORTANT things, please!

Give us a link to a post of your choosing, we will all go like it so you win the day. 

• Like 3

• Scylla Rhiadra changed the title to WHO WILL AWARD ME MY 2̶0̶0̶t̶h̶ 300TH REPUTATION POINT??
3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, right. Good point, really.

Well, you know, just anything will do. I'm not fussy. It's all mindless dross anyway, no?

I think anyone who needs an ego boost should be able to come and ask for clicks. No shame in that.

But really, at least they should provide the link. ?

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.