̶W̶H̶O̶ ̶W̶I̶L̶L̶ ̶A̶W̶A̶R̶D̶ ̶M̶E̶ ̶M̶Y̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶0̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶3̶0̶0̶T̶H̶ ̶R̶E̶P̶U̶T̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶P̶O̶I̶N̶T̶?̶?̶ I WANT TO THANK ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I did notice that if you say something another doesn't like, especially if you made them angry, then they stop 'liking' your posts.

So then, the key to the forum game would be to go along with everyone and not make waves or ever confront anyone, to win, right?

'Laughs' count as rep points, which is why I don't use the 'laugh' button to comment on posts of Weapons Grade Stupidity.

Yeah, people stop repping your posts when you repeatedly disagree with them.

But far worse are the hardcore drama trolls who go around publicly telling people "I have added you to my ignore" list, and then repeatedly tell others that they have ignored you, those people are ALWAYS worthless forum trash.

Their whole "ignore list' announcement is a deliberate veiled insult, a 'naming and shaming you' drama fest intended to make you angry.

Personally I don't give a rats backside, I always regard it as proof that I've targeted the right class of bloody idiot, when they ignore me like that.

28 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Klytyna, is that for real?

That was about when he made a gratuitous public insult in a post, and when others called him on it, edited his post to add a personal apology in brackets, after the insult...

...To a named forum moderator...

Apparently adding an apology to a moderator to your rule breaking post, makes it ok to break forum rules...

32 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just assumed Scylla is being fun and silly about all this, and maybe you are too?

And where does it say that we can't be "fun and silly" about things that are real? :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I think 'laughs' should count as a rep point.

They do. I laughed at one of Scylla's witty comments in this thread and it upped her reputation by one. All of the reactions generate a reputation point. That's why you see even some of the most obnoxious, trollish people here have rep point counts: when people laugh (in disbelief) at their posts, or react with the O.o face, those count as reputation. Doesn't matter that - in those cases - the reaction is a negative one; it's still a reaction and the forum counts it toward reputation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Some likely are, yes. I know of at least one person (still active) who used to post a hell of a lot, and who eventually admitted in a forum post that they posted so frequently because they wanted to 'win the day' (have the most liked content each day - it shows up at the top of your profile) as often as they could.

I gave you a 'thanks' and like a 'laugh'  it didn't up your rep either :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

publicly telling people "I have added you to my ignore" list

I see this a lot from certain people in the support group I'm a CSR for. They will publicly announce "MUTED!" at someone, and it never fails to make me roll my eyes. I've even seen that being aimed at people who are struggling to understand what's being patiently explained to them and not just at people who are being deliberately annoying.

• Like 6

How bizarre...just now I tried to react to a thread in the Merchant section several times (How To Advertise in SL), and got a message saying something like 'sorry you can't react to content at this time'.

"Sorry there was a problem reacting to this content' is what it says -- maybe because it's a necro post..though people are currently posting in it..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Klytyna, is that for real? People are actually in competition to get more reputation points here, and they actually feel they are somehow better if they have more rep points than others do?

As Skell mentioned, "Winning the Day" is quite important to a few people.  The more you post, the better your chances of getting lots of reactions, thus upping your Rep and having better odds at Winning the Day.  Nevermind that some of those are not reactions in a good way.

25 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Next step is 500 so you can change your title

I thought it was 500 Posts to change your title, rather than 500 Rep points.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How bizarre...just now I tried to react to a thread in the Merchant section several times (How To Advertise in SL), and got a message saying something like 'sorry you can't react to content at this time'.

"Sorry there was a problem reacting to this content' is what it says -- maybe because it's a necro post..though people are currently posting in it..

Odd - temp bug maybe.  I **think** I got that message long ago for some odd reason.   I just did a reaction there and it worked fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Skell mentioned, "Winning the Day" is quite important to a few people.  The more you post, the better your chances of getting lots of reactions, thus upping your Rep and having better odds at Winning the Day.  Nevermind that some of those reactions are people are not reactions in a good way.

I thought it was 500 Posts to change your title, rather than 500 Rep points.

DOH!

You are right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Skell mentioned, "Winning the Day" is quite important to a few people.  The more you post, the better your chances of getting lots of reactions, thus upping your Rep and having better odds at Winning the Day. 

I just checked and I last "Won the Day" on Sept 30.  That is, like, a whole 2 weeks ago.  I obviously have been falling down in my posting job.  

image.png.526ec0d3e66d2b7923d20a23a3ac4917.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Odd - temp bug maybe.  I **think** I got that message long ago for some odd reason.   I just did a reaction there and it worked fine.

My first thought was, Hal??????   Like perhaps the forum software detected that I wasn't quite sure if the rep system was good and so eliminated my ability to use the emoticon evaluations  ;0

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

My first thought was, Hal??????   Like perhaps the forum software detected that I wasn't quite sure if the rep system was good and so eliminated my ability to use the emoticon evaluations  ;0

You know how we can only post one thing every 60 seconds?  Maybe if you do too many reactions too fast, it temporarily shuts you down on doing so???? 

Yeah, I'm just making wild a** guesses right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just checked and I last "Won the Day" on Sept 30.  That is, like, a whole 2 weeks ago.  I obviously have been falling down in my posting job.  

image.png.526ec0d3e66d2b7923d20a23a3ac4917.png

o.O that is even a thing? I think the mods are trolling us

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

But far worse are the hardcore drama trolls who go around publicly telling people "I have added you to my ignore" list, and then repeatedly tell others that they have ignored you, those people are ALWAYS worthless forum trash.

Their whole "ignore list' announcement is a deliberate veiled insult, a 'naming and shaming you' drama fest intended to make you angry.

Personally I don't give a rats backside, I always regard it as proof that I've targeted the right class of bloody idiot, when they ignore me like that.

Best way to take it on the whole, though admittedly  I did say publicly I was blocking someone but that was in response to her urging me to when it became clear she had no intention of stopping the cluttering of threads 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have begun my inexorable ascent to Queen of the Forums! All shall behold me and both love and fear! Great shall be my bounty, but greater still my wrath!

Wouldn't "Queen Scylla" be a demotion? Only one head, only two feet? Or do you expect the masses to foot the bill for six crowns?

As High Priestess of the Forums, I've got the entire universe of the supernatural to call on, minus you. And if that's not enough, I'll conjure the ultranatural.

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You have met your match.

Oh for the love of Charybdis (who takes my home-brewed belching remedy morning, noon, and night), you challenge my blowtorch with a match?

...shakes her head.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Wouldn't "Queen Scylla" be a demotion? Only one head, only two feet? Or do you expect the masses to foot the bill for six crowns?

These are the sacrifices I will make for My People.

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oh for the love of Charybdis (who takes my home-brewed belching remedy morning, noon, and night), you challenge my blowtorch with a match?

...shakes her head.

HAH!!! How wrong you are!

At 350 points, you're awarded a lapel pin that says "Shouldn't You Be Doing Something Important," and . . . a BIC LIGHTER!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

o.O that is even a thing? I think the mods are trolling us

There is even a Winners Board,  https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard where you can see all of the current Leaders and previous Leaders by category and/or time, as well as the Top members overall .

image.thumb.png.7fef4effa47516da1ae08f2f71c180b4.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.