SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I admit, I was curious how you were going to mark a ghost on a houseboat. So I stealthed in LOL TP'd to the region first and after making sure no one was around, I took the SLURL. Anyone else worried landing in someone's home, you don't :)

2806d12edeab85882fcdf85a277c1253.png
https://gyazo.com/2806d12edeab85882fcdf85a277c1253

I was wondering where @Patch Linden placed the stone.  I couldn't find it, but now I see. It's underwater.  After the house is nicely decorated I will hold a memorial service.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Let it forever be known that this houseboat is haunted!  Sorry we don't disclose hauntings before acquisition, best of luck with it, hopefully it's friendly.  A marker stone has been placed and it should be entered into the haunted tour locations.   

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sagarc/103/62/15

Can't wait for Halloween 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Teager said:

More new homes going in! I've been checking in every day at 10-11 am SLT and finding that that's a great time to watch progress happening :)

fence_053.png

I'm so glad we can all watch the progress like this. Especially having max draw distance helps a lot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I was reading Daniel Voyagers comment on another thread  --- the one about not being able to sail south from the new houseboat areas, I guessed that there might be some changes. Just now I zipped over to see. Nothing showing on the map yet (at least my map as I seem to be half a day behind many other folks for some reason).  But here we go.

image.thumb.png.660a57fd96c41cc74f951eb4f9666bde.png

further along the new waterway.

1159994373_waterwayjune13.thumb.jpg.bcdc842fb28cca3c5b091578d37994dc.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Chic AeonI can imagine the bridges in the upper part of your first picture to be an absolute stunning place when the landscaping is finished. Imagine standing there and look out over the sea, between the houseboat lines.

Still, I must ask myself... what boats will be able to go under? Is it room for a sailboat? I assume the "flat" bridges are placeholders for more elaborate bridges. I see from @Daniel Voyagers images, that one of them has been made into an arch bridge.

I would love to have bridges with a bit more room for boats, like:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%208.13.2

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

@Chic AeonI can imagine the bridges in the upper part of your first picture to be an absolute stunning place when the landscaping is finished. Imagine standing there and look out over the sea, between the houseboat lines.

Still, I must ask myself... what boats will be able to go under? Is it room for a sailboat? I assume the "flat" bridges are placeholders for more elaborate bridges. I see from @Daniel Voyagers images, that one of them has been made into an arch bridge.

I would love to have bridges with a bit more room for boats, like:

OR maybe the idea is that folks with small houses wouldn't realistically have giant boats --- this in RL so SMALL boats would be more in keeping with theme LOL.   Not a boat person which is odd since my Dad was a captain on a boat :D.  

Agree that the bridges are some of the nicest areas so far; see no reason why these won't be also. 

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OR maybe the idea is that folks with small houses wouldn't realistically have giant boats --- this in RL so SMALL boats would be more in keeping with theme LOL.   Not a boat person which is odd since my Dad was a captain on a boat :D.  

Agree that the bridges are some of the nicest areas so far; see no reason why these won't be also. 

Yep yep, but I would love to see a small sloop sailing under there. Not the very large schooner or tall ship.

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Buy a quality sailboat with the option to turn masts non-physical (yes not good for immersion but good for sailing). Alternatively get a fitting houseboat to accomany your house float - I found no problem steering my houseboat below those bridges.

Edited by Fionalein

LL has traditionally been very good at building bridges. Here's an old one in the Opera region, built by Ben and Xenon Linden and owned by Michael Linden. 

Note that Opera is located on the Sharp continent, also known as the former teen grid. That's how old the bridge is 🙂 

D3lGtWL.jpg

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

LL has traditionally been very good at building bridges. Here's an old one in the Opera region, built by Ben and Xenon Linden and owned by Michael Linden. 

Note that Opera is located on the Sharp continent, also known as the former teen grid. That's how old the bridge is 🙂 

D3lGtWL.jpg

That reminds me of one of my very fave SL bridges, the one in Nailsworth.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The land map of the new waterways and progress as of Friday, June 14:

image.thumb.png.85dbcadacd27bb203c2df930886ed1a5.png

Is New Hamsterdam one of the new ones? Fun to see LL starting to name them. I think it's a signal to abandon yer old homes and get ready. Monday? I guess Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is New Hamsterdam one of the new ones? Fun to see LL starting to name them. I think it's a signal to abandon yer old homes and get ready. Monday? I guess Monday or Tuesday.

I wouldn't expect release on next week, unless they would do a partial release on the houses which look ready and the landscaping is done too.

There are still lots of work to do in regions south from New Hamsterdam. Many of regions have houses but not ready landscaping. Many regions don't even have houses there yet, just the green parcel markers are in place.

1 minute ago, Coby Foden said:

I wouldn't expect release on next week, unless they would do a partial release on the houses which look ready and the landscaping is done too.

There are still lots of work to do in regions south from New Hamsterdam. Many of regions have houses but not ready landscaping. Many regions don't even have houses there yet, just the green parcel markers are in place.

Maybe I remember wrong, but for the boat release, the names appeared for all regions at once, and then hell broke loose the boats was opened on the homes site?

Maybe they do it different now, keeping us on our toes. It could be better to release small batches spread over days, to meet the critique of "I was at work, I missed it" and similar disappointment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe I remember wrong, but for the boat release, the names appeared for all regions at once, and then hell broke loose the boats was opened on the homes site?

Maybe they do it different now, keeping us on our toes. It could be better to release small batches spread over days, to meet the critique of "I was at work, I missed it" and similar disappointment.

Yes indeed, releasing in smaller batches might be very good thing to do.

• Like 2