SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Eleven new LH regions have appeared on the inworld map, six in the northwest of Ranch and five in the south of Mediterranean.

RanchMedLogexpansion6Mar2024.thumb.png.727a2afafcb15bdae5d92f95b856bcaf.png

Names:

Ranch (6): Noname Crossroads, Dustup, Prairie Chicken, Kiowa Ridge, Mairzy Doats, Okie Dokie.
Mediterranean (5): Pelotas, Pronto, Cape Madelaina, Promesa Verde, Lac de Larmes.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Eleven new LH regions have appeared on the inworld map, six in the northwest of Ranch and five in the south of Mediterranean.

RanchMedLogexpansion6Mar2024.thumb.png.727a2afafcb15bdae5d92f95b856bcaf.png

Names:

Ranch (6): Noname Crossroads, Dustup, Prairie Chicken, Kiowa Ridge, Mairzy Doats, Okie Dokie.
Mediterranean (5): Pelotas, Pronto, Cape Madelaina, Promesa Verde, Lac de Larmes.

Those in the south of Mediterranean are a surprise. I didn't expect the Medi regions to jut out that close to Ranch and Stilts there. This makes me wonder if the train line connection will be at one of those other Ranch regions there.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Yay! Once the water regions are filled in I’m going to have a ‘ringside seat’ from  my Starboard Lights house to watch all the boats go by!

starboard_003.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Wow, Mairzy Doats is an old song reference!

Lyrics (1943)

I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake
Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon
Some call it pretty, others call it crazy
But they all sing this tune:
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"
Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats 
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Wow, Mairzy Doats is an old song reference!

Lyrics (1943)

I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake
Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon
Some call it pretty, others call it crazy
But they all sing this tune:
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"
Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats 

Maybe they'll have a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts region too?

• Haha 4

All of

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Those in the south of Mediterranean are a surprise. I didn't expect the Medi regions to jut out that close to Ranch and Stilts there. This makes me wonder if the train line connection will be at one of those other Ranch regions there.

Hmm looks promising for a tunnel from Marimba or Admiral Bligh.  Both are homesteads, no homes.  Marimba is less developed, and the ranch railroad already takes a bend there to go along the coast.  Seems intuitive to put a Y connection there ...

All of the new med regions are fully set up with homes and landscaping, almost certainly tiles.  Moles are still active there, possibly QA.  All also have roads clipped at the void edges.  We have yet to see a homestead in the Meds, so still no idea where a community region will land.  I bet it will be gorgeous.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Hmm looks promising for a tunnel from Marimba or Admiral Bligh.

My Magic 8-Ball says that the railbed located here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPEtoile Brillante/45/2/22 wiil turn west towards Typhoon because

1. The railbed running through Marimba and Admiral Bligh appears finished and the Moles rarely do rework

2. @Abnor Mole has told us that Typhoon is not done

3. Cam inspection of Cape Madelaina and regions south do not appear to have railbeds (so it will not turn east)

• Like 3

A rail line from Marimba to a region just west of Lac de Larmes would be the most direct, just one more region with no houses on it, and LL prefers to build regions that pay for themselves. Will it be an underwater tunnel or a bridge though? I'm hoping for a bridge.

As for where the Mediterranean community region will be, I'm going to bet on the region just north of Outwash. It would be fairly central, near an existing bridge and road, and not too far from where I think the Ranch community region will be at Briar Hill.

p.s.

Either way, it will take 3 more new regions and a rail connection added to an existing region to complete the connection between the Ranch and Mediterranean regions.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add p.s.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Six new regions have been added to connect the Ranch and Mediterranean regions:

From Typhoon to the rail line:  SSP Lobster Bisque,  SSP Cougar Den, &  SSP Midnight Waltz

From Michael Row to the railway bridge:                   SSP Windward Drift  &  SSP Subtle Joy

From Admiral Bligh to the railway bridge:                                                        SSP Escape Quay

3-08-24NewMediterraneanregions_001.thumb.jpg.26906efc605e0e2f25e58bb8ec4c3db4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Just to be very clear, this is the new layout.  The brown line shows the railroad line, which is on land until the southern edge of SSPSubtle Joy, at which point the rail bridge begins and joins the Ranches at a (newly installed) Y in Marimba.  Note that the riverbank in Ouranios has been broken through, so the river now goes N/S all the way through the meds, uninterrupted.

ETA: Community Regions are Full Regions, not Homesteads.  And it's always nice to have rail go through them.  So ... possibly Midnight Waltz or Subtle Joy?

Meds2.JPG.f501668e2e8ab1d0e8c922894e894880.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

The new rail bridge reaches the same height as the Goodge Reef/Typhoon road bridge, which is fine.

But at the moment, the rail bridge's columns are only 10 metres apart from each other, which simply isn't wide enough for a catamaran/trimaran or larger vessels to pass between.

I hope it gets a wider central arch span in the middle of it for a main boat channel like the Goodge Reef/Typhoon bridge has. 

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

• Moles
Posted (edited)

We literally just started on it. It's not open or even finalized yet. Unless you want us to go back to not allowing access to live built regions before they are finished you all might want to wait until it is before you start picking it apart in your rush to list your complaints. 🙄

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

We literally just started on it. It's not open or even finalized yet. Unless you want us to go back to not allowing access to live built regions before they are finished you all might want to wait before you start picking it apart in your rush to announce your reviews and list your complaints.

If I may make a comment... I live on Ouranios along the river and I love how you extended the river behind my house out to the ocean when you added Lobster Bisque and Cougar Den regions.

Great work!

• Like 4

• Moles
13 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

If I may make a comment... I live on Ouranios along the river and I love how you extended the river behind my house out to the ocean when you added Lobster Bisque and Cougar Den regions.

Great work!

It will be even nicer when it is done. Thank you for not feeling the need to point out it's not deep enough for large submarines. 😏

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Unless you want us to go back to not allowing access to live built regions before they are finished you all might want to wait until it is before you start picking it apart in your rush to list your complaints. 🙄

Aww, don't do that!  I LOVE tooling around on nascent regions!

Meddriving_003.jpg.1a9f60c7e260c089eec55b11d1d8cd66.jpg

Here.

image.gif.04e254aca4c543bf1550a2ec6276b7af.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1