SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Twelve new LH sims have appeared on the World Map between Mediterranean, Ranch and the Stilt Homes, forming new coastline and a deep water boat channel.

RanchMedLogexpansion15Mar2024.thumb.png.471e322eed5a6e660244593f6a30c21b.png

Names (12): Captain Sparrow, Calimari, Hatteras, Castle Harbour, Full Sun, Topsail, Burgee, Clearwater Shoals, Easy Tide, SSPFull Deck, Salty Dawg, Hola Marinero.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 3/13/2024 at 6:20 PM, Nika Talaj said:

My best guess is Subtle Joy, a full region with a huge bay.  Judging by the accomplished Belli veterans who are moving into the region East of Subtle Joy (Promesa Verde), I'm not the only one who thinks that!

The new region north of it, Midnight Waltz, now has Med parcels. The region West of Subtle Joy (SSPWindward Drift) is a homestead, which could feasibly be used to extend a Community Center's parkland.

ETA: if it turns out to be Subtle Joy, it would be very cool if there were a couple of rocky jetties extending out into the bay, as in some Cinque Terra villages.  Sunbathing, mooring, etc. happen on those jetties.  

Given the new water regions and the fact that house parcels have not been added at Subtle Joy, I'm agreeing with you now that the Medi community region will probably go in here. I hope it will have a nice beach. ⛱️ 

• Like 3

/me peers eastward from Reine de Mer and WOW!  The Med coastline so far is really really nice!  All homesteads, already with some nice geographical details.  And it looks like there may be a ring road going through long stretches of it.  Sweet!

/me makes a note to pick up a nice picnic lunch basket.

Fingers crossed for a homestead south of me that extends this lovely coast west of Typhoon as well!  Maybe I could leave up my lighthouse then!  (Unless an LL one shows up someplace near, which would be even betterer.)

• Like 4

Checking out the new view from Starboard Lights (with graphics maxed out), just waiting for some boats to appear... I had a mosey along 3 regions of seabed and was disappointed to see that it's essentially featureless. I did find a small rift in Castle Harbour, let myself fall into it and was hoping to discover a portal, or at least a pissed off Moray eel... but nada 😒

starboard4.jpg

• Like 12

Today I boated through the Meds, from Reine de Mer all the way up to Chataigne.  It's a beautiful ride, the homes very stately along the riverbanks.  There are a few very low bridges, and a sharp turn here and there, but if you take a small boat (or gondala!), totally easy ride.

Up in the SSP zone, the only activity I've seen lately has been in SSPConspiracy III and QA Vault - this continues to make me think that a new home style is in the works, tho whether it would be for a new theme or to add to an existing theme, I have no idea.  I still see no signs of new theme regions in development.  

And there still is a LOT of coastline to finish in Belli!

ETA: BTW, the moles will undoubtedly be putting rez zones along the water as they work on Med coastlines, but if you would like to rez a boat near Typhoon before they do, you can do so at my parcel named Lemon Grove, in the SW corner of Reine de Mer, next to the waterfall.  It's an easy edit to the water, a corner of which is actually in Reine de Mer.  If you like, while you're there you can also pick up my souped-up freebie taxi, in a box on the front patio of the house.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Today I boated through the Meds, from Reine de Mer all the way up to Chataigne.  It's a beautiful ride, the homes very stately along the riverbanks.  There are a few very low bridges, and a sharp turn here and there, but if you take a small boat (or gondala!), totally easy ride.

Up in the SSP zone, the only activity I've seen lately has been in SSPConspiracy III and QA Vault - this continues to make me think that a new home style is in the works, tho whether it would be for a new theme or to add to an existing theme, I have no idea.  I still see no signs of new theme regions in development.  

ETA: BTW, the moles will undoubtedly be putting rez zones along the water as they work on Med coastlines, but if you would like to rez a boat near Typhoon before they do, you can do so at my parcel named Lemon Grove, in the SW corner of Reine de Mer, next to the waterfall.  It's an easy edit to the water, a corner of which is actually in Reine de Mer.  If you like, while you're there you can also pick up my souped-up freebie taxi, in a box on the front patio of the house.

Any idea what these regions are for?

3-19-24SSPBAregions_001.thumb.jpg.076ee130a66d474439e535b552b33004.jpg

• Like 2

SSBAW looks identical to Whiskey Bay in Bellisseria, the entrance pier sim of Bellisseria Fairgrounds. The BAW might mean Bellisseria Anniversary Welcome area.

SSPBA1 could be a duplicate of Bellisseria Fairgrounds, which is south of Whiskey Bay sim.

SSPBA2 could be a duplicate of Costner Bay, which is east of Bellisseria Fairgrounds sim.

Don't know what SSPBA3 and SSPBA4 are, perhaps they too are duplicates of Glassy Expanse and Eckmere Bay - the two water regions south of Bellisseria Fairgrounds and Costner Bay ?

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:22 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, I took a little boat up there a while back. It is a lovely route. Looking forward to it actually leading somewhere one day.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Interesting graphic in the Med rez zones... after studying it awhile, I concluded that it is a top-down view of a Segway type vehicle with one wheel and mirrors.

I believe it's a Vespa!  Btw, there are now rez zones that extend into the water in Easy Tide and Burgee .

VespaPrimaveraRedAngle.jpg?v=1642350518

• Like 8

On 3/20/2024 at 12:01 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

SSBAW looks identical to Whiskey Bay in Bellisseria, the entrance pier sim of Bellisseria Fairgrounds. The BAW might mean Bellisseria Anniversary Welcome area.

SSPBA1 could be a duplicate of Bellisseria Fairgrounds, which is south of Whiskey Bay sim.

SSPBA2 could be a duplicate of Costner Bay, which is east of Bellisseria Fairgrounds sim.

Don't know what SSPBA3 and SSPBA4 are, perhaps they too are duplicates of Glassy Expanse and Eckmere Bay - the two water regions south of Bellisseria Fairgrounds and Costner Bay ?

Has Second Life announced any Bellisseria Anniversary plans? There's no official forum post and the anniversary is approaching. Not feeling very community oriented this year if they don't include ALL the residents in the celebrations.

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Has Second Life announced any Bellisseria Anniversary plans? There's no official forum post and the anniversary is approaching. Not feeling very community oriented this year if they don't include ALL the residents in the celebrations.

The only news I have seen from a Linden or Mole is this thread requesting participation. 

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The only news I have seen from a Linden or Mole is this thread requesting participation. 

? Isn't the Belli anniversary usually a resident-sponsored event at the Fairgrounds?  Or am I remembering wrong?

Fwiw, the SSPBAx regions have been under active development (someone there every day) for at least two months.  Hard for me to believe that's all Mole activity.  Maybe watch for a notice in Belli Citizens Group?

Let's remember that the Moles and Lindens have other inworld activities to attend to, not just Belli.  Possibly some involvement with the recent VWEC (virtual educators) conference, etc..

• Like 2