SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

England is a nation and a non-sovereign country of the UK.

Great Britain is just the name of the world's ninth largest island. It isn't a country. There are thousands of other islands in the UK. And I was born on a smaller English island not called "Great Britain".

The United Kingdom is the sovereign state owned by the monarchy and Crown that owns England and the other nations of the UK, which includes Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland (and arguably Cornwall too).

My nationality is English, my native tongue is English, my ethnicity is English. There isn't a singular "British" nationality, a language called "British", or a "British" ethnicity. They don't exist.

"British" is just a one-size-fits-all citizenship (not nationality) of the UK's four nations used for a single, simpler, more efficient UK-wide passport.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

English and British don’t mean the same thing—because England and Britain aren’t the same place.

To make a centuries-long story short, England is one of three countries located on the island of Great Britain, along with Wales and Scotland. The United Kingdom’s full title is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which makes it pretty clear which nations fall under the UK umbrella: England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. The rest of the island of Ireland is its own nation—the Republic of Ireland.

Because England is part of Great Britain, everything English is technically also British, but not everything British is also English. You shouldn’t, for example, refer to the Loch Ness Monster as an English cryptid. It (purportedly) lives in Scotland, so you can call it Scottish or British. In other words, only things from England are English; anything from England, Scotland, or Wales is British.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Only 19 additional regions now needed to connect Bellisseria protected water to Sansara protected water at Bleaberry Tarn.

And only two, more or less, to connect at region Dunvegan — where there have been for some months LL' parcels with the promising name "pending protected status", at the eastern end of a string of contiguous LL owned parcels set as "Protected Land", along 4 regions and connecting to the LL road at region Drum.

This connection will/would only be usable once there’s an uncluttered path in eastern Dunvegan (will the owners of “.: Land of Moon Pie .:” ever abbandon their parcel?, and would LL grab it for protected status?…), and one or two ocean connecting regions are added, and that after the completion of the western coast of Ranchland.

And, due to the way the east coast of Sansara is set up (unlike, say, the waterway between Weston and Sandra), that connection would still offer no sailing/boating-only connections, as one would have to change from watercraft to all-terrain land vehicle at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rumgally/223/165/20

But still, it’s fantastic to see the map growing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

And only two, more or less, to connect at region Dunvegan — where there have been for some months LL' parcels with the promising name "pending protected status", at the eastern end of a string of contiguous LL owned parcels set as "Protected Land", along 4 regions and connecting to the LL road at region Drum.

This connection will/would only be usable once there’s an uncluttered path in eastern Dunvegan (will the owners of “.: Land of Moon Pie .:” ever abbandon their parcel?, and would LL grab it for protected status?…), and one or two ocean connecting regions are added, and that after the completion of the western coast of Ranchland.

And, due to the way the east coast of Sansara is set up (unlike, say, the waterway between Weston and Sandra), that connection would still offer no sailing/boating-only connections, as one would have to change from watercraft to all-terrain land vehicle at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rumgally/223/165/20

But still, it’s fantastic to see the map growing!

There are so many places where it would just take one person moving off a coastal or water parcel, and then there could be a road or water passageway completed. Linden Lab apparently has more patience than I do in these matters, because I can easily let myself obsess over those parcels and potential routes. I imagine some Linden asking parcel holders if they'd be willing to relocate in exchange for a month or 2 of free tier, but I'm sure some (mostly rental agents) would jack up the price if they thought they could squeeze a deal out of LL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It makes me think that they maybe have more than one plan on the go, there are so many variables, including the level of continuing demand for ranch homes! It is like a giant game of connect 4, or whatever that game is called in the US!

Giant-Connect-Four-Game-For-Sale.jpg

I wonder if the Moles bet on which routes will open up and be oked by the lab?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

And only two, more or less, to connect at region Dunvegan

I am describing how to connect 20m protected water in Sansara to 20m protected water in Bellisseria , which also connects Sansara to the Blake Sea and beyond. We already have connectivity from Bellisseria to Sansara for aircraft at Osmium/Iridium/Platinum.

Connecting Dunvegan to Chestnut Grove provides no connection to Bellisseria protected water.

Bleaberry Tarn is the Holy Grail. Once you get there, there is a protected water channel down the East River to the Sea of Fables and beyond. No additional LDPW activity is needed in Sansara.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 10:19 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The four new Ranch regions are now on the World Map.

RanchMedLogexpansion22Feb2024.thumb.png.23264fbd5733fc0eaddd582ddda6d184.png

Names: Los Topos, Delta Dawn, Tulsa Thyme, Eastbound Downs.

Ranchland now looks like an Indian Rhinoceros (Rhinoceros Unicornis)... 

• Like 5

I've mapped a Bleaberry Tarn (Sansara) to Columbia (Heterocera Atoll) sailing route, which I completed in my Batboat - in both directions.

BleaberryTarntoColumbia26Feb2024.thumb.png.0d94a9a94cb0cee97260bf89166ba391.png

^ This is the shortest possible route by boat Ive found.

It's quite a tricky route, but as long as you're using a minimap with the Property Lines showing, you shouldn't sail into any private parcels accidentally.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are those served at Tea? It just sounds like something that would be!

A Tarn is a mountain lake formed by a glacier. In SL one might also run into the word as referring to a large Gorean riding bird.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I would assume there is a similar meaning for "Bleaberry"..

Bleaberry Tarn is a real life place in the Lake District in England. it's probably closer to the RL Buttermere than the one on the SL Lake District regions of Sansara

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I've mapped a Bleaberry Tarn (Sansara) to Columbia (Heterocera Atoll) sailing route, which I completed in my Batboat - in both directions.

BleaberryTarntoColumbia26Feb2024.thumb.png.0d94a9a94cb0cee97260bf89166ba391.png

^ This is the shortest possible route by boat Ive found.

It's quite a tricky route, but as long as you're using a minimap with the Property Lines showing, you shouldn't sail into any private parcels accidentally.

I think this route whilst longer is much easier and quite scenic. Where it looks like I have drawn a house... I am actually tring to show 3 alternatives.. over the years there has been security along one of them making other option preferable, but basically the three are all relatively easy, without leaving protected water.

Sansara.thumb.jpg.92d878957e7148abf4eb21bf4db56923.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

think this route whilst longer is much easier and quite scenic.

This route and variations has been used by the Leeward Cruising Club for years due to the amount of open water (good for sailing) , relative lack of orbs and banlines on the shore, and presence of friendly outposts for party venues.

• Like 3