SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

8 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

You're meant to wait at least until the new region names or their terrain appear on the inworld map...

I think you're just peeved that Nika posted this before you could mock up a map to post this news.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Not at all. I already have a new map made, with terrain, water and region names.

I now usually wait until the region names or terrain appear on the inworld map first before posting my maps here.

And I will continue sticking to that policy.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

That's the point. They haven't appeared. (on the inworld map).

OK, but be aware that the inworld map does not update uniformly across the user base.  Perhaps it's some trick of AWS servers, but the system map generally updates up to a day later for my avatars than for you, for example.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Not at all. I already have a new map made, with terrain, water and region names.

I usually wait until the region names or terrain appear on the inworld map first before posting it here.

And I will stick to that policy.

I don't, but I also don't have good map-making skills. I just take a picture inworld and post that. If we can see the new land inworld, it's there. 

Your personal rules for what and when to post something don't apply to other people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

OK, but be aware that the inworld map does not update uniformly across the user base.  Perhaps it's some trick of AWS servers, but the system map generally updates up to a day later for my avatars than for you, for example.

The inworld map seems to update around 12 noon SLT for me.

We Finally Have a Bellisseria Landfill

The Bellisseria Department of Solid Waste (BDSW) is happy to announce that our request for a landfill has been granted. The newly minted regions SSPSchmidts Forge and SSPCampos Verdes, adjacent to the Mediterranean-themed Linden Homes, serve this purpose. Trash collectors are advised to sail their garbage scows up the waterway that passes through the Typhoon region. We are open for business.

Once again, thanks to all those whose tireless efforts have helped make this important infrastructure project possible.

landfill.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

We Finally Have a Bellisseria Landfill

The Bellisseria Department of Solid Waste (BDSW) is happy to announce that our request for a landfill has been granted. The newly minted regions SSPSchmidts Forge and SSPCampos Verdes, adjacent to the Mediterranean-themed Linden Homes, serve this purpose. Trash collectors are advised to sail their garbage scows up the waterway that passes through the Typhoon region. We are open for business.

Once again, thanks to all those whose tireless efforts have helped make this important infrastructure project possible.

landfill.jpg

Yay! Maybe we can get some waste water treatment plants too. I think it's horrible that waste water goes directly into the Linden water without being treated first.

This is why outhouses are actually more environmentally friendly than bathrooms with plumbing in SL.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yay! Maybe we can get some waste water treatment plants too. I think it's horrible that waste water goes directly into the Linden water without being treated first.

like in Cecropia theres a waste water pond there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The inworld map seems to update around 12 noon SLT for me.

i've noticed the map doesnt update during the weekend and yea during the week day its usually around noon SLT (3pm eastern)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, VenKellie said:

like in Cecropia theres a waste water pond there.

I'm saddened that the Griefer/Cornfield statue which used to be inside the waste pond (The Griefer Containment Pond) there has recently vanished...  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No.  There was a Griefer/Cornfield statue in there which I really liked. It's gone now, which really saddens me. I think it was Michael Linden who originally created it for the Grief Containment Pond in Cecropia.

• Like 3

Six new LH region names have been added to the inworld map between the Mediterranean and Ranch themed sub-continents.

RanchMedLogexpansion1Apr2024.thumb.jpg.20b79bab7e546ef638ee9c684c000103.jpg

Names (6): SSPTorre del Falco, SSPDeerpath, Pelican River, Cape Finagle, SSPCampos Verdes, SSPSchmidts Forge.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Are there any salty dogs over in Salty Dawg?!

Since you often  rattle on  ... er .... help us out with Britishisms, my association with "Salty Dawg" is from Appalachia bluegrass.  You might be sitting on an older gentleman's porch, both of you pickin' (maybe banjo and guitar), and his younger wife might come out of the house and kiss him on his head.  Then she might smile at you, ruffle what's left of his hair, and say affectionately, "My salty dawg!".   

The phrase comes from the old-timey practice of rubbing salt into the coat of your favorite hunting hound to get ticks and other little critters to leave him alone :)  Ergo, the song below is exhorting the "honey" in question to take good care of (and pet often!) her "salty dawg".

Take it away, Foggy Mountain Boys!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And of course "Salty Dawg" in this particular case is almost surely a play on words. A sailor has often been called a "salt" or a "sea dog", and the convenient coincidence of the Appalachian tune that combines both names was probably too great to resist.  :) 

• Like 7

a big THANK YOU to the hardworking moles for the beautiful decorations along the Mediterranean coast. My "dream" location is a house with a lake right next to the back yard flowing to a narrow strip of land with a road, and then a cove with open ocean.

I was delighted when I logged on this morning to discover that the bit with land between me and the ocean had been landscaped ... what a beautiful view this has created for me from my back yard!

CheriLand back Yard Photo_001K.jpg

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fix typo
  • Like 10