SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 3/8/2024 at 8:00 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The new rail bridge reaches the same height as the Goodge Reef/Typhoon road bridge, which is fine.

But at the moment, the rail bridge's columns are only 10 metres apart from each other, which simply isn't wide enough for a catamaran/trimaran or larger vessels to pass between.

I hope it gets a wider central arch span in the middle of it for a main boat channel like the Goodge Reef/Typhoon bridge has. 

If you remember how the other bridge was done, it started with a rougher version before being shaped with wider spaces between the columns and nicer details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/8/2024 at 9:29 PM, 4lice Cerise said:

Yay, this is so exciting!! 😍

I’m at SSPSubtle Joy: The windlight here is very different from the LH (or LL?) default, very experimental!

SSPSubtleJoy.thumb.png.cb421004ec552645d9701e82eb71a687.png

I noticed that too, it reminded me of the windlight or atmosphere on old mainland. In my viewer very dark and sorta grayed.

• Like 2

I'm a bit new to owning a place in Belli but does anyone know the current, average time for regions to be in the various states of construction? Full disclosure; I manage to nab a stilt house on pier when a couple briefly became available recently. Mostly by pure luck it seems. However, I'm honestly hoping to nab a better location. I see a number of regions that appear to be fairly close to complete, on the edge of area I guess people are calling Logland, and just curious how frequently I should be checking back. Not my idea of fun to be haunting those regions in hopes of catching them go on sale. I might just suck at searching the forum/thread but best I could find for an answer was that the regions I'm eyeballing have been under construction since at least late December.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tallion Vlodovic said:

I'm a bit new to owning a place in Belli but does anyone know the current, average time for regions to be in the various states of construction? Full disclosure; I manage to nab a stilt house on pier when a couple briefly became available recently. Mostly by pure luck it seems. However, I'm honestly hoping to nab a better location. I see a number of regions that appear to be fairly close to complete, on the edge of area I guess people are calling Logland, and just curious how frequently I should be checking back. Not my idea of fun to be haunting those regions in hopes of catching them go on sale. I might just suck at searching the forum/thread but best I could find for an answer was that the regions I'm eyeballing have been under construction since at least late December.

I think the Moles have been focused on creating more 2048 m regions, since these are more profitable for Linden Lab, but new Stilt homes on water and piers have been MIA for over a year now. The new ones on the north coast of Logland are in a really good location for sailing and riding the rails. (It's a lovely ride from the Victorian end to around Briar Hill in the Ranch regions. Then it will eventually go through the Mediterraneans and into Sakura, which also promises to be gorgeous.)

Check the Linden Home webpage at least once/ day from Monday through Friday. This will show you when new homes in the most sought after themes become available. Looking on the World Map inworld will also show when those red squares over the new Stilt Homes disappear.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

It will be even nicer when it is done. Thank you for not feeling the need to point out it's not deep enough for large submarines. 😏

It's not deep enough for large submarines. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, EbonyOverIvory said:

It's not deep enough for large submarines. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

I bet it's large enough for a sea monster.

I'm feeling inclined now to pull out some of my more unusual avatars and go exploring. I think I have a pleisosaur from Grendel's Children, a large tree avatar, a giantess, and an Asian dragon. I'm sorely in need of interesting mer tails that will fit Freya and LaraX though, especially an octo-mer or split-tail Melusine mermaid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tallion Vlodovic said:

I'm a bit new to owning a place in Belli but does anyone know the current, average time for regions to be in the various states of construction?  ... I see a number of regions that appear to be fairly close to complete, on the edge of area I guess people are calling Logland, and just curious how frequently I should be checking back. 

There is no usual time frame for release of "finished" regions. For example, the coast of Fantasseria has been complete for over a year.  For areas like the stilts along Logland's coast, I recommend using Firestorm's World/Region Tracker feature.  (I don't know if the SL viewer has it).   To use the region tracker, bring up the world map and just click on the region you want to track. Then, on the lower right of the map menu, click "Track Region".  It will ask what you want to call it - you can type in any nickname.  Bring up the Region Tracker, and you should see it there.  Any time you log in, you can check all the areas you're interested in by just bringing up the Tracker.  Click on any region in it and the world map will open to show the region.

All those stilt regions still have SSP in front of their name, and right before they're released the regions will be renamed to remove the SSP prefix. If you select SSPShe Sells, when it is renamed to She Sells it will be grayed out in the tracker, because SSPShe Sells no longer exists. 

It shouldn't be necessary to track all the regions along the coast - usually LL renames a bunch of regions at a time, and they are released within the next few days.  Personally, I would just choose 2, one near each end, to track.

When all those are released, you might consider becoming Premium Plus for a month.  You could then claim a stilt you REALLY like, and revert back to Premium to hold on to it.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Thanks 5

On 3/10/2024 at 2:14 PM, Tallion Vlodovic said:

I can't give an estimate, because release dates are a mystery to me. I agree with other posters about the focus being on the 2048 parcels right now. For months, I had been checking out the Octopied houseboat region. It seemed like it was languishing in SSP status for about 8 months (maybe I was just impatient 😉). It was a long time. Finally in a random roll, I realized that a nearby region had opened up. Sure enough, Octopied had changed to "Linden Home". I was able to choose a houseboat in that region. Stalking available houses is one of my favorite occupations. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The Bellisseria continent in Second Life as of 12th March 2024. 

• Don't forget it's Bellisseria 5th anniversary on 15th April 2024

Screenshot2024-03-12152023B.thumb.png.e3a6013a912784630225f8e00e6528e1.png

I really wish the northern coast of Log Land had a more natural appearance on the map instead of those harsh right angles, but I totally understand why they don't.  Doing so would have required adding to the already underutilized Log Homes inventory or more public space, neither of which generates any revenue, at least not anytime soon.

image.png.64b01dc59e6e1953f5d3218e261609ac.png

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I should add that I'm very happy that the coastline is finished, and that it includes sailable water.  I don't look at the map that often anyway.  

I agree. I love that the north coast is finished, but one more region with half land and half water at that sharp 90 degree crook would've been nice.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 6:14 PM, Tallion Vlodovic said:

I did a fast fly by on stiltland a couple of days ago and saw some good places, so I took my chance upgraded an alt and rolled another, on the second try I got a good one, no houses in front, on piers but with land behind, those are the ones I like more. Funny, I saw some good ones on land and although not the ones I like more I was going to try, but it is the habit I guess saw OP and there I went. 

People leave homes everyday, and sometimes something really good gets abandoned.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Good to see you posting, Daniel!  Hope all's well 🤞

I'll have to miss the anniversary, but something tells me that it's going to be quite the bash!

bash.JPG.b8719632480ddb8546aceb38d56ae9cb.JPG

Also, after finally snagging a Fantasy parcel that suits her,  my alt went for a swim and discovered something new to her in Fantasseria!  (I'm sorry if someone has already documented these, but I really got a kick out of finding them).  There are 2 places where a Fantasseria water region touches, kitty-corner, a watery Victorian region.:  Eiruch and Bustle Bay, and SSPE2731 and Nelson Eddy.  If you go to each of those corners and stand on the ocean floor, what do you see?

PortalsNelsonEddyandSSPE2731.JPG.f70d5c53672072895c217e5a9b1c915d.JPG

A portal that goes to the kitty-corner region!!

So cool!  If I were a mer, I would DEFINITELY be hoping to snag a Fantasseria coastal home near there!  (And, in case anyone is wondering, NO YOU CANNOT TAKE YOUR SUBMARINE THROUGH THESE PORTALS!)  But what of that :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Good to see you posting, Daniel!  Hope all's well 🤞

I'll have to miss the anniversary, but something tells me that it's going to be quite the bash!

bash.JPG.b8719632480ddb8546aceb38d56ae9cb.JPG

Also, after finally snagging a Fantasy parcel that suits her,  my alt went for a swim and discovered something new to her in Fantasseria!  (I'm sorry if someone has already documented these, but I really got a kick out of finding them).  There are 2 places where a Fantasseria water region touches, kitty-corner, a watery Victorian region.:  Eiruch and Bustle Bay, and SSPE2731 and Nelson Eddy.  If you go to each of those corners and stand on the ocean floor, what do you see?

PortalsNelsonEddyandSSPE2731.JPG.f70d5c53672072895c217e5a9b1c915d.JPG

A portal that goes to the kitty-corner region!!

So cool!  If I were a mer, I would DEFINITELY be hoping to snag a Fantasseria coastal home near there!  (And, in case anyone is wondering, NO YOU CANNOT TAKE YOUR SUBMARINE THROUGH THESE PORTALS!)  But what of that :)

Thanks Nika. I do look at these Linden Homes threads on a regular basis. Good developments have been happening which is nice to see. 

I remember when Bellisseria was just forming after August 2018 and back then it was called SSP. Trying to guess what was going to happen was exciting. 

I still can't believe it's been almost five years since the grand opening to the public. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

14th April 2019 BBE (Before Bellisserian Era)...

MainlandbeforeBellisseria.png.2bc2f3b3911a439ced0a41d3103ec4b4.png

It's amazing that there were so many individual regions back then. The bellisseria sub continents have definitely filled up that space now. 

The south still seems like there could be new land mass development at some point. 

• Like 5

On 3/12/2024 at 10:40 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

Screenshot2024-03-12152023B.thumb.png.e3a6013a912784630225f8e00e6528e1.png

Wow hello, I missed you posts, I am glad to see you!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Where will the Mediterranean Community Center be?

My best guess is Subtle Joy, a full region with a huge bay.  Judging by the accomplished Belli veterans who are moving into the region East of Subtle Joy (Promesa Verde), I'm not the only one who thinks that!

The new region north of it, Midnight Waltz, now has Med parcels. The region West of Subtle Joy (SSPWindward Drift) is a homestead, which could feasibly be used to extend a Community Center's parkland.

ETA: if it turns out to be Subtle Joy, it would be very cool if there were a couple of rocky jetties extending out into the bay, as in some Cinque Terra villages.  Sunbathing, mooring, etc. happen on those jetties.  

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4