How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

7 hours ago, megan04330 said:

Fuck Twitter

Having visited your Twitter account out of curiosity as to why you may have had restrictions placed on it, Megan, it's rather obvious as to why. You've got two separate series of eight images, posted in quick succession, and each image in each set is almost identical to those surrounding it (the only difference being they're taken at slightly different distances). Twitter's automatic algorithms would have identified this as bot-like behaviour (eg: the armies of spambots and 'Putinbots' whose accounts are - when you visit them - filled with the same images over and over, used as replies to other accounts). That's why your account shows as having 'unusual activity'.

It seems that you're cross-posting from Flickr, so I would suggest a way around receiving this restriction again (once it's eventually lifted) would be to perhaps cross-post only one or two similar images from Flickr (or anywhere else you're cross-posting from, such as Instagram, etc). Just pick the best one or two and post those instead of eight near-identical images, followed by eight other near-identical images.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Having visited your Twitter account out of curiosity as to why you may have had restrictions placed on it, Megan, it's rather obvious as to why. You've got two separate series of eight images, posted in quick succession, and each image in each set is almost identical to those surrounding it (the only difference being they're taken at slightly different distances). Twitter's automatic algorithms would have identified this as bot-like behaviour (eg: the armies of spambots and 'Putinbots' whose accounts are - when you visit them - filled with the same images over and over, used as replies to other accounts). That's why your account shows as having 'unusual activity'.

It seems that you're cross-posting from Flickr, so I would suggest a way around receiving this restriction again (once it's eventually lifted) would be to perhaps cross-post only one or two similar images from Flickr (or anywhere else you're cross-posting from, such as Instagram, etc). Just pick the best one or two and post those instead of eight near-identical images, followed by eight other near-identical images.

To borrow from Hanlon's Razor:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by automated anti-trolling algorithms."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yeah.. I have been blacklisted from twitter I tried making a new account 2 times just to have them suspended as soon as I signed up. All my Flickr tweets where posted by Flickr.  So i was punished because of an automated function of Flickr?   Yeah.. I don't think so.. Its ok I will just not have a twitter then.  

6 minutes ago, megan04330 said:

So i was punished because of an automated function of Flickr?

No. It's far more likely that you were 'punished' for the reason I gave: you posted multiple seemingly-identical images. That's the kind of thing that Twitter's algorithms would flag up as a suspected bot. The fact that you'd linked your Twitter account to Flickr and Flickr auto-posts for you doesn't make a difference. It's what was being posted, not how it was posted. The only way that cross-posting can land you with a suspension (or, more commonly, what's known as 'Twitter jail') is if you tweet a lot. And I do mean a lot. The limits for this are incredibly high, but it's possible to reach them if you're very active or you access your account using multiple options (phone, computer, etc). Those limits are also broken down into smaller increments, so if you tweet more than X number of times in an hour your account can be limited for a short time, too. And, with Twitter jail, your account is only suspended for (at most) 24 hours and you'll see an error message letting you know which limit you broke in order to land yourself there.

I've had a RL Twitter account for a long time. There have always been occasional (mostly harmless) bots, but in the past year and a half the number of bots has grown by a staggering number, and many of them are anything but harmless. So Twitter has instigated tighter controls on accounts. Unfortunately, you've fallen foul of those controls.

10 hours ago, AnnistynSL said:

I think there are a few other reasons people remember it as "Looney Toons"

The game, Toontown.

images.duckduckgo.com_2.jpg

Also, the movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The animated characters lived in Toontown and were called "Toons"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit#Plot

• Like 3