How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

28 minutes ago, Porphyry Kimono said:

In the last few weeks I've done a major overhaul of my avatar, finally breaking down and getting one of those fake heads that everybody's wearing now:

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.cb0b9e21586ad61dfc5ba0be1c370c19.png

All heads in SL are fake!  Just teasing.  Nice look.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Porphyry Kimono said:

In the last few weeks I've done a major overhaul of my avatar, finally breaking down and getting one of those fake heads that everybody's wearing now:

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.cb0b9e21586ad61dfc5ba0be1c370c19.png

Lol, Rowan is so right. All our heads are fake!!! I'm a woman right now in SL, so my head is absolutely that!!!

What do you consider fake for an SL head?

I had to get a new face because the perpetual pucker of my last face drove me nuts.  I am open to suggestions and advice.  My most important goal was to look like an adult.   I am using an EvoX head for the first time, so I have to learn something new.

Sharing my pain because misery loves company:  The feet are still white even though the skin should cover both the maitreya body and the head (a note has been sent to customer service for assistance with this.)  I wish the eyes were bigger, but it makes the avatar look too young.  The eyes show through the eyelids just a little when she blinks.  If I look closely the eye lashes don't seem to be attached to the eye lid, but floating just out front.  It took me forever to realize there were special appliers for both the regular ears and the elf ears. One of the skins I got that I liked in a demo did not have matching ear skins for either ear shape.  The nose isn't quite right yet.

Good stuff:  I like the eyebrows after layering two kinds to get the look I wanted.  The lips are decently shaped.  I don't look 12.

fantasee1_002.png.2c750ee98f44834271023ce7f4509e30.png

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I had to get a new face because the perpetual pucker of my last face drove me nuts.  I am open to suggestions and advice.  My most important goal was to look like an adult.   I am using an EvoX head for the first time, so I have to learn something new.

Sharing my pain because misery loves company:  The feet are still white even though the skin should cover both the maitreya body and the head (a note has been sent to customer service for assistance with this.)  I wish the eyes were bigger, but it makes the avatar look too young.  The eyes show through the eyelids just a little when she blinks.  If I look closely the eye lashes don't seem to be attached to the eye lid, but floating just out front.  It took me forever to realize there were special appliers for both the regular ears and the elf ears. One of the skins I got that I liked in a demo did not have matching ear skins for either ear shape.  The nose isn't quite right yet.

Good stuff:  I like the eyebrows after layering two kinds to get the look I wanted.  The lips are decently shaped.  I don't look 12.

Are you wearing some sort of shoe base?  I put on one the other day that made my feet white.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Are you using BoM eyes or applier eyes? If you use an applier (and the eyes in the HUD are appliers) you must use an eye alpha. It could be that the default eyes poke through.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Imogenya said:

feeling pretty today ~♡
too bad my video card died 😢 can't take pics with better quality

21-10-05imo.jpg

You are pretty! 😍

The hair gives that weird alpha clash where it makes the bathing suit transparent around the strands. It is a shame that creators do not take care when they upload textures with alpha channels in clothes, or set the texture to alpha masking. Because that combo of hair, pose and bathing suit is 100% perfect. More than 100%. I am wildly envious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 12:06 AM, Emma Krokus said:

Yes, sadly Amanda passed away. She was a frequent and brilliant poster, regaling us with her high sea adventures and showing off the beautiful sim of New Orleans she helped to create.

OUCH! I liked her adventures and her personality, she was beautiful person.

RIP.

• Like 2

Now a standard AV with a non mesh head. I personally prefer the mesh head, but it's an expense in both time and money. I feel it all depends on what's important to a person with their SL.

SXXToy2_001.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 9