We need more attachment points...38 is not enough anymore, IMO.

Ciera Richez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not new to the mesh craze (my whole avatar is mesh now, since my recent purchase of a bento head). While I love all the advances with mesh that have been made in-world, there's one thing that has yet to change...the limited number of attachment points.

Normally I wouldn't complain, because I try not to use up my measly 38 point limit. But, with all the mesh and bento items available, along with accessories for them, I don't believe 38 attachment points is enough anymore.

I'd be happy if LL raised the limit to 45 at least, because for me that's all I really need.

Please?? LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree with this, but how can I point out the issue to Creators of Second Life, & or TPV Developers.

I am not sure if the attachments are based off the Viewer being used, or Second Life server code, but it would be great to have at least up towards 70 attachments maybe 100, but if not just having even 50 would be of a great help and why?

Because I am constantly hitting 38 attachments, especially with using Mesh Bodies, and things like Jewelry, Nipple Attachments, and heads like Catwa, which require 3 attachment spots for just a head vs TMP, which only takes 1 attachment spot.

I do understand how having more allocation to attach more items could create lag or issues with people who are troublemakers, although for the legit users who know how to control lag such as myself, who need the extra spots would be great for example I am having trouble attaching my new Bento Head / Meshes, because of the limits being imposed and often having to detach stuff from my avatar to attach other stuff, leaving out the finer details that make it look nice.

Also as Second Life, has improved a lot since its release over 10 years ago, and everyone is creating in mesh, it wouldn't be a bad idea allowing users to attach at least 50 items, I would be able to complete my avatar good looking with allowing 12 more attachments to make it 50, or even adding 70 - 100 max I would be able to do so much with this, as Not all Merchants, allow people to modify, or link items together, and I have linked as much together as I can on my avatars but with Rare Gachas, I can't modify these without breaking them so it would be great to be able to attach more especially to finish off the details that would make great more realistic looking avatars.

On 10-1-2017 at 7:15 PM, Roni Southmoor said:

along with the huds you need to wear

what huds you need to wear all the time? ..  ... none for any service you mention.

1 hour ago, o0Tasha0o said:

I point out the issue to Creators of Second Life, & or TPV Developers.

it's a hard limit, has nothing to do with creators or developers

and as said by whirly... make combinations..

problem solved...

Edited by Alwin Alcott

• 3 months later...

It's not a matter of wearing them all the time.  It makes it much faster to save all appropriate HUDS that go with the attachments with your outfits ... then you choose the colour you want and/or click the appliers you want for that outfit then TAKE THEM OFF because otherwise you can't see through the HUDS anyway.  38 is severely inadequate for anyone who wears a mesh head and body together with hair HUDS, nail HUDS, tattoo HUDS, lipstick HUDS, mesh eye HUDS, shoe HUDS, applier relays and so on and so on.  I'm constantly hitting the 38 and it's really irritating and time-consuming.  38 was fine when everyone wore system layers and hair that didn't come with a HUD but not now.  I think 50 is more adequate to our current needs.

Edited by Ramona Beck

I was used to constantly wear some huds, for fast reaction reason. But I know it causes lags too, and I also reached my attachment limit. So I adapted.

But even with that, sometimes I can't even wear all the things I want (jewels, multi-parts mesh outfits).

My girlfriend, who is piercing addict, is really limited by her attachments, just her piercings taking 5 or 6 attachments.

Anyone saying the current limit is ok, is putting blinders over his eyes. People complaining about it tried their best to manage it, but it's really getting frustrating.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zunx said:

Anyone saying the current limit is ok, is putting blinders over his eyes.

is this so?

or is it that people who constantly hit the limit should accept life isn't limitless?

That your gf can't wear what she wants can also mean she should addapt to what is possible... doesnt mean all others, who manage well are wrong.

I hadn't read any part of this thread before today, however I am now wondering how many folks do constantly fight this attachment limit.  Thus it adds more fuel to my leeriness of going to a mesh body. I'm just constantly musing and debating with myself whether I want to take the plunge.

There are many, many folks in SL that never come to the forums - for a variety of reasons.  Given that, how prevalent do you think this issue really is?  Do you think there are tons of folks constantly hitting the limit, but just accepting it as a fact of SLife? 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Back from the dead ...

Here is a what I said on a different topic:

It is not hard to reach the limit on attachments.  Here is a set up my shape-shifting neko alt might have on ...

1. AO
  2. Ear animation/position HUD
  3. Tail HUD
  4. Hair
  5. Mesh head
  6. Teeth
  7. Tongue
  8. Head HUD / face animator
  9. Left eye
  10. Right Eye
  11. Left eye lashes
  12. Right eye lashes
  13. Whiskers
  14. Left Ear
  15. Right Ear
  16. Necklace
  17. Kitty collar
  18. Ear ring 1
  19. Ear ring 2
  20. Lip ring
  21. Mesh body
  22. Left hand
  23. Right hand
  24. Left bracelet
  25. Right bangles
  26. Left nails
  27. Right nails
  28. Mesh shirt
  29. Mesh undies
  30. Mesh skirt
  31. Back pack
  32. Thigh belts with a knife and a cute charm
  33. Garter on other leg
  34. Tail
  35. Left foot
  36. Right foot
  37. Left ankle bracelet
  38. Left shoe
  39. Right shoe .. or maybe not since I am out of attachment points. I could still use an ankle position lock , tail HUD, specialty poser/animation/dance HUD, bra or jacket (depending on the top being worn), more body piercings or maybe finger and toe rings too.

Sure, there are some better versions for some of these but really, not everyone makes eyes as one rigged item, for example.  Shoes can be combined but you don't get he cool mismatched shoe look if you do.  You can also get a tee-shirt, skirt and panties as one single item to save a couple more spots ....

To me attachment points are just another resource that requires management.  If Linden Lab decides to give us more I will surely be happy to have more.  However for the time being I can manage just fine. 

Then again, when I go to events and see so many jelly dolls at a 250K threshold I wonder if adding extra attachment points is really such a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Then again, when I go to events and see so many jelly dolls at a 250K threshold I wonder if adding extra attachment points is really such a good idea.

There is definitely this to consider.  ¬¬

Side note - Thanks for a nice list of the types of attachements you have with mesh bodies & heads.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Side note - Thanks for a nice list of the types of attachements you have with mesh bodies & heads.

Though I'd say the list is quite a special case and possibly no 1:1 match for a plain human meshy avatar... so you can happily forget about tail/whiskers/ear and those corresponding HUDs. Wearing mesh undies under other mesh garnments also doesn't make too much sense and is rather prone to lead to fitting issues anyway.

I can only speak for a LeLutka head and Maitreya body combination, but in that case, both feet are merged into one attachment instead of two. Teeth and tongue share another spot, the eyes are also on a single slot... and the lashes are a part of the head instead of an attachment of their own.

Plus, if you're using Firestorm, there's no need for an extra AO HUD thanks to the built-in one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

is this so?

or is it that people who constantly hit the limit should accept life isn't limitless?

That your gf can't wear what she wants can also mean she should addapt to what is possible... doesnt mean all others, who manage well are wrong.

I'm not saying all others are wrong. Just that with increasing possiblities of attachments (not even talking about the new bento ones, mutliplicating ways to add things), the limit should increase as well. More and more people are reaching this limit, and must make choices about what to wear, even if managing well worn hud (detaching them unless they are needed).

I am using 12 (TWELVE) slots LOL.

And we wonder why there are issues in crowded places. 

Complexity 43689

Mesh body, mesh head, special eyelashes, and a damn good looking casual outfit LOL.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I hadn't read any part of this thread before today, however I am now wondering how many folks do constantly fight this attachment limit.  Thus it adds more fuel to my leeriness of going to a mesh body. I'm just constantly musing and debating with myself whether I want to take the plunge.

There are many, many folks in SL that never come to the forums - for a variety of reasons.  Given that, how prevalent do you think this issue really is?  Do you think there are tons of folks constantly hitting the limit, but just accepting it as a fact of SLife? 

I have a mesh head and body and never reach the limit. But I'm really simple. I don't attach a million huds every time I change my clothes. I also don't wear many attachments aside from clothes and hair. 

Edited by Nalytha
  • Like 2

This has 48416 Avatar Rendering Cost.  In the photo I am wearing 33 objects including the pose HUD used for the picture.

Snapshot_102.thumb.jpg.eb8fdcb06c10c328e491360758829955.jpg

I have no jewelry, whiskers or weapons. (I am not an alley cat after all)  I come close to the limit sometimes but I can work with 38 attachments.  I would not say no to more if they were offered! 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am using 12 (TWELVE) slots LOL.

Well done.  Simplicity has an elegance all it's own.  After all, Einstein's paper "E=mc2: The Most Urgent Problem of Our Time" was only 3 pages long.

Does that mean no scientific paper should ever need more than 3 pages? Maybe since you are using about 1/3 of the attachment limit then 9 pages is the upper limit for any scholarly journal.  Does it boggle the mind to think how any one could ever need more?

• Like 2

I would trade in 20 of my group slots for 20 more Attachment Points. I have tried the whole Link HUDs as one objects trick and that just breaks the touch event in one HUD or another and most times, it's a matter of finding on HUD that is full perm (or made by me) to link with other HUDs.

P.S. We SO need a Pitchforks and Torches Emoji too! ¬¬

Edited by Hunter Stern
added missed content

3 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

I would trade in 20 of my group slots for 20 more Attachment Points.

Oh my.  I'm already using most of the 60 groups that I'm allowed.  I can't imagine making that trade.

Hopefully as I learn about outfitting the mesh avatar, I can do so without hitting the max on attachments very often. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.