We need more attachment points...38 is not enough anymore, IMO.

Ciera Richez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Your problem is that you automatically assume anybody running out of attachment points MUST be some 'seen by nobody' jellydoll with an rci of a million or 2, in which you are of course, completely wrong.

That is a very valid point.

Surprising as it may seem, it turns ut that nobody at Linden Lab were into numerology so although my and Rhonda's explanation is of course the deep reason in a cosmic persepective, it can't have been what they had in mind.

Since the number of attachments is no longer linked to the number of attachment points, the only reason they can have had for keeping the 38 limit is to control avatar load and it doesn't do that job very well. You can wear a single attachment that bogs down an entire sim and you can have 38 attachments with hardly any noticeable load at all.

We can't just scrap the whole thing though because it's one of the very few mechanisms SL has to maintain even the most rudimentary control of avatar lag.

The best solution might be to replace it with a hard limit based one the total load of the attachments, not the number of them. For some reason I have a feeling LL don't have the courage to do that.

Edited by ChinRey

11 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Your problem is that you automatically assume anybody running out of attachment points MUST be some 'seen by nobody' jellydoll with an rci of a million or 2, in which you are of course, completely wrong. This isn't a discussion of rci, it's a discussion of not having enough attachment points to wear the 'unrigged' or 'no mod' or 'rigged and mod but scripted in such a way that cross linking will destroy it' item that make their avatars work.

Imagine if some clueless clown told you that you needed to learn to live with a bento elephant that didn't have a trunk, because 'more attachment points makes you invisible crap'. 

That's basically what you are saying to others who wear avatars you simply do not comprehend.

Oh how I love to be quoted out of context. I was speaking about the jelly tool and high avatar complexity. Reread my original quote that I'm responding to. I was making no assumptions besides the actual scenario that I was speaking of.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, lavalois said:

That is true, but there is still a 38 attachment limit. The fact that there are more attachment possibilities, does not mean there's more attachment allowance.

Yes, that is correct. It will show in the "Appearance" panel's "Wearing" tab.
For example: Wearing (11/38 Att.)

The first number: how many attachments are worn.
The second number: total number of attachments allowed.

• Thanks 1

Well, just remember to take off what you don't need to wear. Huds for clothing/shoes/hair/head/body/etc don't need to be worn after you have things set up. For stockings/socks/lingerie that you wear under you clothing, use applier rather than mesh. Look for shoes that you add both rather than a right and left. I regularly wear mesh body, left and right feet and hands, head, shoes, hair, clothing, jewelry, AO, radar, combat hud and attachment and rarely go over 25 attachments at the most. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Danni Silvershade said:

I never had issues with the amount of points, but I wish you could change the "double click" default action to "Add" instead of "Wear", cause i always forget to right click>add and drop something else.

Which viewer are you using? You can do this on Firestorm.
Open Inventory -> Show additional options (gear menu)
You'll see 2 options: "Add objects on double click" and "Add clothes on double click".
If you tick these, a double click on objects/clothes will always add, if you leave them unticked, a double click on objects/clothes will always wear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

You'll see 2 options: "Add objects on double click" and "Add clothes on double click".
If you tick these, a double click on objects/clothes will always add, if you leave them unticked, a double click on objects/clothes will always wear.

Oh thank god, you saved me moments of annoyance in the future

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I was using a new viewer install on another computer.  I had made screen shots of all of my Firestorm settings from my home computer and meticulously set everything in the new setup.

Alas, I somehow managed to miss the 'Add objects on double click'.  I double-clicked to add a necklace and the darn thing ended up attaching to the same point that my dress attached to.  Needless to say that I had to quickly hit the Home TP button.  :ph34r:

• 1 year later...

I'm in totally agreement with everyone there not enough Attachments and this is been like this some time, with the classic LL Non Mesh Avie 38 was totally fine but since we wet to mesh everything it is totally NOT ENOUGH!   LL Listen to your residents! 

Edited by Yummy Fairlady

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I never use all my attachment spots .. and I'm totally mesh and always wear several pieces of jewelry. Learn to budget your spots. :) We already have enough avatar induced lag in SL. Adding more spots would simply increase lag.

This may work for human avatars, furries not so much. For my own I need so many things (body, eyes, head, ears, tail, second upper body for cleavage, thighs to become more shapely, feet, hair, accessories, clothes)

At this point I have used up all the slots....and all my character is wearing is some jewelry, hair, a bikini with skirt and wings....

38 is definitely too little especially in the furry community where if you want a nice avatar to your likes, you literally have to frankenstein it together out of 234234 parts.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.