What is Linden Labs policy towards incest

Lorelei Damiano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am sure that Incest is against SL TOS but I cannot find the exact place it states that...I need to warn people to drop incest like a hot potato

spanks

Lorelei

As far as I know LL doesn't have a policy on incest.  They have a policy on age play (see link below).  But as long as both parties are adults and both avatars appear to be adults then I don't think there is anything in the TOS to stop them from pretending to be related and in a sexual relationship.

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

It's not. As long as both parties are consenting adults, i.e. over the age of 18 in RL, and both parties are playing as adults, meaning that both are playing as over 18, LL doesn't really care. Incest in and of itself is perfectly permissable, so there's not need to warn people off of it. If they want to roleplay that way, they can, and if you are offended or for any other reason disagree with such play, you can simply keep yourself out of it.

• Like 1

There is no Linden Lab policy regarding incest. Don't forget that this is a virtual role play world and so "true" incest (with its biological genetic problems) is impossible. The only issue to be aware of is that sexually consenting avatars must both be adults and must NOT be role playing minors.

By the way: The basic of incest is that both persons have a close genetic relation to each other, but an avatar simply don't have any genetic code. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

So its an imagination in the mind and the TOS don't care about what goes on in peoples brains. Its like roleplay slavery, forbidden in RL but harmless fun for some people here. Only if there is a child avatar involved you can do something against it.

Lorelei,

As many have stated before, there is no specific language in the TOS or Community Standards covering the concept of incest. Age-play is not allowed per-se but all other behavior virtually experienced here in SL by consenting adults is allowed [somewhere] by fiat. By this I mean that if a pair of avatar accounts want to have a open incestuous relationship, they can as long as it's carried on in private and only in public where such behavior is also allowed/ignored by the parcel/estate owners.

Estate owners and owners of Adult Mainland parcels may have more restrictive or more explicit rules than stated in the LL TOS. Adult estates are usually very accepting of this type of relationship and role play.

If a pair of avatars chooses to walk into a PG club and openly emote the nature or their their incestuous relationship, the owners/management are within their right to ask them to leave and/or including banning.

Just saying but most people love GOT aka Game of Thrones, one of the "Kings" marries all of his daughters and *****s them and has babies with them... I have yet to see someone complain. I find it kinda irritating when someones like eww incest inworld >.> Um, do you realize how many tv shows have incest into them LOLOLOL

Incest in Game of Thrones

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What's really creepy is that someone either Searched the Answers forum for advice on "incest," (why!?) or else has so much time on their hands that they managed to browse back six years.

THAT's creepy.

I searched cause I was curious o.o

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What's really creepy is that someone either Searched the Answers forum for advice on "incest," (why!?) or else has so much time on their hands that they managed to browse back six years.

This is funnier:

On 5/20/2009 at 11:23 AM, Lexie Linden said:

How do I know what is acceptable and what is not? I don't want to get in trouble or get abuse reported.

• Like 1

Incest cannot exist in a virtual world, such as second life. For one, most families in SL are not related by blood, and if a person does wind up dating an ex-family member.  Then that is perfectly fine.  Like unless you are dating an actual blood relative in RL, within your immediate family, that is incest. Not a Brother and Sister in SL, that by definition is not incest. 

On 2/28/2019 at 1:44 AM, NattiLynn said:

Just saying but most people love GOT aka Game of Thrones, one of the "Kings" marries all of his daughters and *****s them and has babies with them... I have yet to see someone complain. I find it kinda irritating when someones like eww incest inworld >.> Um, do you realize how many tv shows have incest into them LOLOLOL

Incest in Game of Thrones

Can I recommend you look at the dates on topic,s if they have not been bumped in YEARS, do not bump them.   I'm old, I'm cranky and been using forums since the 90's.  lol *shakes his cane at *

• Haha 2

I just want to point out that of all the people saying something about it being a necro or just commenting, only @Lindal Kidd had poseted before the necro. She is the only one here that would have gotten a notification. Mind you, i hate necros as well, but sometimes they are just funny. 

Why would incet be against the ToS, its not illegal in most US states unless it is between blood siblings or parents and children. Cousins can marry in most states. Scary isnt it.

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

only @Lindal Kidd had poseted before the necro. She is the only one here that would have gotten a notification.

Except for those of us that also get notifications for posts made by those we follow - thus I got a notification on it as soon as Cindy responded to the necroposter.

9 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

its not illegal in most US states unless it is between blood siblings or parents and children.

In the US, in all but 2-3 states, incest between consenting adults is criminalized. Almost all of those states include much more than blood siblings and parent/child relations, many even include 'by marriage and/or adoption' in the classifications.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest_in_the_United_States

10 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I just want to point out that of all the people saying something about it being a necro or just commenting, only @Lindal Kidd had poseted before the necro. She is the only one here that would have gotten a notification.

Wait, am I the only one who always uses this to see which topics have recently been responded to? https://community.secondlife.com/discover/unread/#

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.