So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Honestly do not see overly tall avatars much anymore.  There are a few here and there, mostly men or former 'models'.  I'm not tall and I'm not short and those around me.in adult areas are all pretty much in proportion to me.  Height, by itself, hasn't been an issue in the places I go in quite awhile.  YMMV

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

It is, but I haven't done anything wrong so why does it feel like a punishment?

Because that is what it amounts too.   My body is old and I like it.  The maker has left SL so there is no way it will ever comply with the modestly layer.  Basically, i've lost my look, hundreds of hours of work, and hundreds of not thousands of dollars in cloths.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Per the policy change, I have retired Becca and Michelle, two of the demo NPCs I had running around my workshop in Zindra. I said goodbye to them before deleting them.

One of them remains as an urchin in New Babbage, and can be found running around the port, making trouble and running away very fast.

Edited by animats
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Sorry to be say but until they share what their criteria is - and it has to exist given they say they review factors - it's not going to make anyone who is petite in SL feel any better.

Nobody is saying there is some hard and fast set of stringent standards but we need to be aware of what it is exactly that they're basing their reviews on and for now it's completely opaque and the unavoidable assumption is that there's subjectivity involved.

I feel safe, I was a petite before and a petite still.

Nothing wrong with being an adult person who is slim following a realistic height, this is your second life experience, not someone elses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Moreover, one of the more important models for Lolita fashion is "Alice" from Lewis Carroll's novels. Alice's age is not specified, as I recall, but she's very clearly a pre-teen, or just entering puberty.

Whilst I don't want to derail the topic, your idea of what Lolita fashion is seems very far removed from the subculture's intentions. It's very heavily inspired by Victorian fashion, and the people I've met who are into it do things like .. Tea parties. A friend tried to explain it to me as them dressing up like Victorian dolls, in a frilly fashion, and do things little girls would do make-belief that their dolls did. So, yes, even by that explanation there's some level of infantilism in it - but it isn't sexualised, in and of itself.

.. Until, of course, it is. Which, in SL, is frequent - as with any other fashion style. If you look at a certain weekend sale I shan't name and the folks who are into that sort of thing, that would appear to RL Lolitas much the same way sexualised mainstream fashion in SL would appear to most RL 'mainstream' types; probably a whole lot of stuff they'd never wear in real life.

11 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I've never seen a zooby or funsies animesh with anatomically correct genitalia, even males.

I haven't had a close look as I never had any interest in prim babies, but it doesn't change my argument that no virtual representation of minors in SL should slip through the rules because 'not an avi'. Whether it's being done or not, or if it's widespread or not, it absolutely should be covered by the rules.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I like modifiable furniture too, but remember that people can modify it to add Adult animations too. 

Sure.

But that wasn't my point.

The person I was responding to was talking about the fear of being AFK and getting AR'd when people do scary things.

So... if you can mod your furniture - you can put in things to prevent people from using it. No need to worry about being AFK on a couch if no one can sit on it or use it's menus except you and your friends.

EDIT:

On the other hand, being in an AFK zone on an A-rated region just got a whole LOT safer.

If you're one of those AFK-stuffz people, and you left your AV on an A-rated AFK-stuffz venue, you're safe now. A child AV is no longer allowed on A-rated region. So if something happens, you aren't the one in trouble.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well right off the bat I found two things that should not be for sale in the MP. This was using just the key word "child"

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Project-Cosplay-Gothic-Corset-Dress-for-Kemono/15758243

[Project Cosplay] Gothic Corset Dress for Kemono

Also this for sure:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lunacorn-BOM-Training-Bras/24289940

Lunacorn - BOM Training Bras

The second one, definitely.

The first one is one of those ambiguous instances. It DOES "look" like a child, but you'll find plenty of similar instances in Manga and anime that are not representing children. The tell, of course, is the tag "child" that's obviously in there. I suspect if that were removed, and anything else that brought this item up in a search for children, it would be considered permissible.

Which is not to say that I don't find it somewhat suspect.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

So, yes, even by that explanation there's some level of infantilism in it - but it isn't sexualised, in and of itself.

Yes, I agree.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Until, of course, it is. Which, in SL, is frequent - as with any other fashion style. If you look at a certain weekend sale I shan't name and the folks who are into that sort of thing, that would appear to RL Lolitas much the same way sexualised mainstream fashion in SL would appear to most RL 'mainstream' types; probably a whole lot of stuff they'd never wear in real life.

Also, yes. Which is my point about how uncomfortable I might feel about some Lolita looks I've seen in SL.

Not at all in disagreement with you here, Orwar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well right off the bat I found two things that should not be for sale in the MP. This was using just the key word "child"

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Project-Cosplay-Gothic-Corset-Dress-for-Kemono/15758243

[Project Cosplay] Gothic Corset Dress for Kemono

Also this for sure:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lunacorn-BOM-Training-Bras/24289940

Lunacorn - BOM Training Bras

There isn't anything sexual about these though. It's just a bra and a dress.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:
2 hours ago, Denim Robonaught said:

We all know that sims are huge and can have split areas.

A sim (region) is always 256x256 meters in SL and it can only be set to completely A rating, completely M rating  or completely G rating.
All the parcels on that sim (region) will automatically have the same setting. It can't have 3 A rated parcels, 4 M rated parcels etc.
The only possibility could be that two sims next to each other have different rating settings.
Never seen that before to be honest.

I can only assume we are talking about "Private Regions", and not "Mainland Regions"?

ALL regions, private or mainland, are 256x256. 

All Mainland regions that are not on Zindra are either Moderate or General rated - all Adult rated Mainland regions are on Zindra.

Private regions can be G or M or A, but the entire region is that same rating -- parcels within the region cannot have a rating different from the region. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

Because that is what it amounts too.   My body is old and I like it.  The maker has left SL so there is no way it will ever comply with the modestly layer.  Basically, i've lost my look, hundreds of hours of work, and hundreds of not thousands of dollars in cloths.

I know this sucks, but you are either gonna have to comply with the new policies or leave. Again, I am sorry you are going through this though. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

There isn't anything sexual about these though. It's just a bra and a dress.

We will agree to disagree on that as I'm not getting into the reasons.

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Same applies, I think. You must be wearing visible underwear.

If one is wearing BOM underwear, it will not show when those body parts are alphaed out - whether with an alpha later or a HUD. As long as genitalia is not visible - even under mesh clothing - I don't see how a child or child-like avatar could be problematic.

My avatars do not normally represent as children or teens, but I don't think people who do should have to buy all new skins. I remember how annoying that modest skin was on my Girl Next Door starter avatar. You can't even wear a bikini or a plunging neckline without the underwear showing.

• Like 3

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I know this sucks, but you are either gonna have to comply with the new policies or leave. Again, I am sorry you are going through this though. 

I'm just glad that Tweenster is still supported and the creator has said they are going to update. I literally have like 800 items of clothing that has cost thousands of linden dollars. Are you using SMB Madi? I know that's not been supported for a while now. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, some asked of pictures in SL. This is the base I am using, 1m55, petite and slender. Is this adult enough?

Aurore adapted.jpg

I'd say 22-25 ish.

Really think you guys are overthinking it. Here is a graph:

image.thumb.png.120cb2fa7f54242368781f3fdbbb9a03.png

The TWI pup is the only "child" avatar I have, so I used it. Imagine whatever child species of choice in it's place.

TL;DR: If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. (I.E. If it is designed as be a child avatar, and acts like a child, it is a child)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, so you think a modesty bom thing is going to be different than a training bra?

Because that's a modesty device on her... they have to cover up her chest...

I would hope that the modesty devices SL is talking about are more like a jumper or one piece and not bra and panties. That would defeat the purpose, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, so you think a modesty bom thing is going to be different than a training bra?

But realistically, an actual girl would be wearing that under a shirt.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The most obvious instance is the "modesty layer": in theory, anyone who has agreed to this ToS and is wearing a child avatar without a modesty layer is AR-able.

The Child Avatar policy says that "child avatar content creators" must add a modesty layer.  It says nothing about existing child avatar bodies and people using those without a modesty layer.

ETA:  Correction -- The FAQ covers this:
image.thumb.png.d6ea7f7e52eb9ff6e7e6ca2734233c37.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Sure.

But that wasn't my point.

The person I was responding to was talking about the fear of being AFK and getting AR'd when people do scary things.

So... if you can mod your furniture - you can put in things to prevent people from using it. No need to worry about being AFK on a couch if no one can sit on it or use it's menus except you and your friends.

Even though all my furniture is PG, I still have all of it set to group.

• Like 3

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

But a BOM tank top is not explicitly a "training bra." Which the second one is. And if you'll look closely, it has the AO shading to prove it.

Kathlen's point, as I take it, was at least in part that these are being marketed for kiddie avatars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1