For Those Who Wondered...

I've been away for a bit, and it feels a lot longer than it's really been, but in case anyone was wondering or worried about me, I've been sick and having problems with RL stuff like broken computer, people not paying the internet bill, having to get the lights turned back on, etc.

I made a rambling, half-delerious post on my blog, which I've decided to let stand as it is without editing, because it was coming from inside and it needed to gert typed out at the time. https://pheebystuff.wordpress.com/2024/04/23/where-has-pheeby-been/

TL;DR: I never talk much about it but I have a really bad liver/blood disease, compounded by various other physical, mental, and emotional issues. I can't really afford proper healthcare, and have problems with my governmental documentation besides (I can't even accept online payments in any form), so life is extremely difficult for me, and it always has been. I just like to pretend otherwise most of the time, because SL is supposed to be fun and stuff.

I've blithely disregarded my condition to the extent of crapping things up for people who had no idea about my problems, because they had no idea I might poof at any moment and not make it back for an extended period (potentially forever), and some people's stuff has deadlines and they need people who are reliable.

I am not reliable, and it's time I admitted it and quit trying to be supergirl and save everyone from everything and fix everyone's everything and make everything for everyone and pretend I'm doing great when I'm starving on someone's dirty floor somewhere, hallucinating and trying to uncramp my body.

I do not like being weak. I do not like being sick. I do not like being decrepit. But I am. And I am deeply sorry for every problem caused to anyone by this.

I will be removing price tags from everything in my MP, because I can't in good conscience sell things for money if I can't be relied on to provide customer service in any form. I don't really need money for anything in SL anyway, because I have more clothes than Imelda Marcos had shoes. I will be returning my beloved Flash the KittyCat to the care of my friend Mr. Arik, so he can be assured a healthy virtual life. And I will let go of any grudges I may hold against anybody, even secretly, because whoever you are and whatever has passed between us, you and I are a miracle, and we share the most wonderful of gifts, and holding on to the ughy stuff is silly. I want whatever time I get to spend in Second Life to be fun for myself and those around me.

Love you guys, and I'll be around, just maybe not always on time or when I'd like to be. Just don't count on me for anything.

Apologetically ASF,

Pheeby

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11

I noticed you were gone, but I didn't know why.  Several times while reading a forum thread I hoped you would chime in with one of those kind and thoughtful posts I've seen you make.

I hope things stabilize for you so you can get back to the SL you enjoy.

Also, did you just apologize for your health issues?  Stop that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I hope things stabilize for you so you can get back to the SL you enjoy.

I appreciate that. I'm sure there are some who feel otherwise, but then that's probably not even their fault.

You're one of the cool people, just saying. Keep being you, the rest of us need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love you guys, I'll be back.

The sun is going down, so time to go to the store. Have to make dinner happen.

My children (three grown men and three huge dogs) need their mommy just now, lol.

• Like 6

I pretty much only spend time on the forums on the weekends but do check in sometimes during the week when i can..I did start to wonder if you might have taken a break or not, because I haven't seen any of your posts in awhile..

I do hope things start to take a turn for the better health wise and in every part of your life.

We keep hearing about all this great technology and progress that is supposed to make lives better and the world a better place, yet they keep it out of reach from most of the world..

Screw them, You keep being you and you hang tough and get better. We're not going anywhere soon and will still be here looking forward to your posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I do hope things start to take a turn for the better health wise and in every part of your life.

Thanks for that. And in case I've never said it, and because people should hear the good things even if it comes across as corny, I have a very high opinion of you, for whatever it's worth. I won't even try to explain why; people who know you already get it, and everyone else just hasn't seen enough of you yet to know.

I actually admire a lot more people here than I've ever let on. So I've decided to start letting on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Thanks for that. And in case I've never said it, and because people should hear the good things even if it comes across as corny, I have a very high opinion of you, for whatever it's worth. I won't even try to explain why; people who know you already get it, and everyone else just hasn't seen enough of you yet to know.

I actually admire a lot more people here than I've ever let on. So I've decided to start letting on.

Hope you're doing all right. I too sometimes have a bad habit of not letting on myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SlammedSam said:

Hope you're doing all right. I too sometimes have a bad habit of not letting on myself.

I see more than I could ever say without looking like an idiot. And I have always liked you.

The same goes for you, Dafadilia. You don't have to know me, I already know you, and you are a good person.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pheeby I hope things get better and easier for you. Dealing with serious health issues is taxing without needing to worry about financial security too. If there’s anything I can do reach out please. You don’t need to apologize to anyone about your health. Big hug 🤗❤️

• Like 3

02324b7ecd59fad8452a0617d87e79f8.jpg

I always enjoy your viewpoints and way of writing here on the forums.
I hope your health issues will improve soon and that we will see you hanging around a lot again in the future.

• Like 3

Hang in there, Pheeby. You're right that we don't spend much time here telling people that we enjoy their company, even when we don't share the same passions. I don't, I mean. I need to get better at that, so thanks for the kick in the pants. For what it's worth, I do always read your thoughtful posts and I enjoy your sense of humor. I did wonder whether you had decided to take a vacation, as people do from time to time. I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been under happier circumstances. I'm not a huggy person, but you can imagine me sending one anyway. Maybe two.

• Like 3

Sorry you're having such a bad time of it lately. Do wish you the best and appreciate your effort to let us know what's been going on and how you're doing. I know it can be a struggle. Sending you warm hugs.

• Like 1