What behavior do you find off-putting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Oh, I do have one!

The folks you're having a nice conversation with in IMs who do not have the "Indicate I'm Typing" checked in their preferences so you don't know if they've gone to sleep, died, went to the bathroom or to grab a coffee, missed what you said, are ignoring you, cleaning up cat barf, or simply ... typing a reply and it just suddenly pops into that ongoing IM.

I like to see something like " @Rowan Amore is typing ..." in my chats, please and thank you.

Not that @Rowan Amore does ever say hi to me in world, but you know, if she and I were chatting ... :) teasing!!!!

And I know I should wait patiently so the conversation goes back and forth, but I'm a four finger typist who can bang out about 45 wpm and I like rambling on in chats with friends.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

To be in @Rowan Amore's presence is awe-inspiring. 

1ba133ce733555817286034e925995df.gif.1918b050e2327785b0db059370a5c69b.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Partnering in sl is the kiss of death and causes terrible jealousy. I've been with same people for months but we haven't partnered because it would cause jealousy I think. 

I partnered my RL husband  when I talked him in to trying SL.. He quit around an hour later..

AdobeStock_249780757-p02698oyt8qaqjj9khp

• Haha 10

When I'm chatting with a man in world and he asks me if I'm a female in real life. Does it matter? Why does it matter? What the blinking 'eck is going on in his head? Happened again this week, so I said "Yes, a 60 year old female". My age seemed to dampen his ardour. Good-oh!

I ain't here to date, mate.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

The folks you're having a nice conversation with in IMs who do not have the "Indicate I'm Typing" checked in their preferences so you don't know if they've gone to sleep, died, went to the bathroom or to grab a coffee, missed what you said, are ignoring you, cleaning up cat barf, or simply ... typing a reply and it just suddenly pops into that ongoing IM.

I really wish that was defaulted to being checked.  I really can't see any reason to not have it checked.  Pretty sure that for most of the folks that don't have it checked is simply because they don't know it is an option that can be checked.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

When I'm chatting with a man in world and he asks me if I'm a female in real life. Does it matter? Why does it matter? What the blinking 'eck is going on in his head? Happened again this week, so I said "Yes, a 60 year old female". My age seemed to dampen his ardour. Good-oh!

I had one bloke IM me out of the blue when I was dancing in a G rated venue, and he was insistent on knowing my RL age in the first couple of sentences. I would not tell him, because why would I? And I told him it was rude to ask stranger's personal information. He proceeded to verbally abuse me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

51 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I often wish people wouldn't reveal so much. It breaks the immersion. Like for example a friend reveals they are only 22 irl and then wants to fool around. I'm 37. I feel like a pervert or something and then I can't look at them the same way 🤣

I would also like to add that the difference between 40 and 60 feels a lot narrower to me than 20 and 30. Maybe there are exceptions, but that's how I feel. I am more comfortable with older people anyway. 

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I often wish people wouldn't reveal so much. It breaks the immersion. Like for example a friend reveals they are only 22 irl and then wants to fool around. I'm 37. I feel like a pervert or something and then I can't look at them the same way 🤣

I would also like to add that the difference between 40 and 60 feels a lot narrower to me than 20 and 30. Maybe there are exceptions, but that's how I feel. I am more comfortable with older people anyway. 

My attitude and response is usually "old enough to know better, but young enough to not care" 😏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I think for a lot of people it does matter.  

• Like 3

Grown men who scream in all caps when I disagree with them.

People who are 50 kinds of nice until they find out I'm never going to have cybersex with them, and then suddenly talk to me like I'm a piece of garbage.

Mesh vajayjay + no underwear + "guy" sit poses, especially when everyone else is just there to talk about old books and Star Trek.

When I show someone something I'm working on and they try to do things to it while I'm trying to edit it. I can see your particle cloud, yo. If you want a copy maybe try asking. (Naturally this doesn't apply to anyone who's allowed to edit my objects; I kinda expect them to futz with anything I rezz in front of them.)

Showing up to an event at my home sim on your first visit, and insinuating that maybe I, who have been there about 6 years, just shouldn't be there because you don't like my avatar. This has happened a few times. Fortunately, everyone else usually starts talking out loud about how awesome I am, and how great it is to see me, and I never actually have to pick up a building and hit anyone with it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Guys assuming that because you aren't doing the deed with someone right this second, it means that you are horny and need some right now.

One I do hate a lot are those guys who take away any romantic/fun times with someone by jumping in your IM and proclaiming that they are the better deal then the person with whom you have a romantic/fun time.

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

He virtually divorced you after only an hour???

AdobeStock_249780757-p02698oyt8qaqjj9khp

No he quit SL.. We just partnered as soon as we got his account set up.. That was years ago when he left.. I kept us partnered for years.. hehehe

He only tried SL because I pestered him to try it.. I figured he wouldn't really last from the start but thought it was worth a try..

I'm kind of glad he did quit, because if he did see a lot of the things in SL, I might not be here now.. LOL

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I had one bloke IM me out of the blue when I was dancing in a G rated venue, and he was insistent on knowing my RL age in the first couple of sentences. I would not tell him, because why would I? And I told him it was rude to ask stranger's personal information. He proceeded to verbally abuse me.

This kinda poop right here. First sign of having your own will, and they get nasty-mean.

Who would ever want to be with someone like that? Do they even realize it's why they're so lonely in the first place?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Partnering in sl is the kiss of death and causes terrible jealousy. I've been with same people for months but we haven't partnered because it would cause jealousy I think. 

I was partnered to the same girl for years, but then we had the same attitudes and expectations for sl.

That's they key, finding someone that is truly compatible in every way.

Ironically, politically we were polar opposites, but then again, so are me and my rl partner.

😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

My age is in the about in my profile.

I've said it before in here, I tell people exactly what they want to hear.

Its like the Lynyrd Skynyrd song.. ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

No he quit SL.. We just partnered as soon as we got his account set up.. That was years ago when he left.. I kept us partnered for years.. hehehe

He only tried SL because I pestered him to try it.. I figured he wouldn't really last from the start but thought it was worth a try..

I'm kind of glad he did quit, because if he did see a lot of the things in SL, I might not be here now.. LOL

I recently partnered my rl partner. She played years ago, but lost interest. It just adds to my "I'm not looking for rl love in here" attitude.

Seriously, anyone that IS looking for RL love, should read my profile and just walk away, because they ain't getting it from me.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added quotation marks

54 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

This kinda poop right here. First sign of having your own will, and they get nasty-mean.

Who would ever want to be with someone like that? Do they even realize it's why they're so lonely in the first place?

There are so many messed up people in SL. Playing second life just makes it worse for them. Log out, fix your RL, THEN come back in. But, if they fixed their RL, they might not need to come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

One I do hate a lot are those guys who take away any romantic/fun times with someone by jumping in your IM and proclaiming that they are the better deal then the person with whom you have a romantic/fun time.

I have guys iming me all the time when I'm doing another guy in public, it usually starts out with "mmm looking good over there". I really don't mind, I can multi task, and I love the attention.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I recently partnered my rl partner. She played years ago, but lost interest. It just adds to my "I'm not looking for rl love in here" attitude.

Seriously, anyone that IS looking for RL love, should read my profile and just walk away, because they ain't getting it from me.

I unpartnered mine because it just seemed to attract all kinds of people that were looking to corrupt a wife to cheat on here husband.. lol

a lot of that went away when I changed some of  the wording in my profile as well as  removed the partnership.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

After reading almost 3 pages of this thread, I only have one question left?
Why are we still here?

:D

Personally, I love it here. I love it as much as the very first day I joined.

I’ve been here almost 14 years and the only days I’ve missed are when I go out of town on vacation.

😁

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Personally, I love it here. I love it as much as the very first day I joined.

I’ve been here almost 14 years and the only days I’ve missed are when I go out of town on vacation.

😁

I had a few short periods that I did not log in over the last 17 years, but it still is a great place to hang out. It is my number one leisure time experience. The trick is not to take SL all too seriously IMHO. That can be hard at times, because the place is a bit immersive and addictive at times.

Now to stay on topic: Why is everything always implemented half finished in this place?  ;)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Same!! Except my husband lasted about a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.