What behavior do you find off-putting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

That is a reason to move there.

I was standing outside my place on Zindra in the summer of 2020 when this guy drives by, stops his car, gets out and says, “omg its you, you are the one putting those signs out all over mainland”. I said yes, its me. He actually supported the other guy, but thought what i was doing was so cool.

I love Second Life 😁

Sometimes it seems like the main purpose of the people that run SL is to squeeze all the fun out of it.

• Like 1

What is off-putting to me is that some avatars think SL age equals knowing all there is to know. I am often faced with people who think that just because they have been in SL a long time (and usually mention this fact) that they know everything about the world and what is going on in it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

What is off-putting to me is that some avatars think SL age equals knowing all there is to know. I am often faced with people who think that just because they have been in SL a long time (and usually mention this fact) that they know everything about the world and what is going on in it. 

Well! I never! If you had been in Second Life since 2002, you wouldn't feel this way!1!11!!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

What is off-putting to me is that some avatars think SL age equals knowing all there is to know.

Add to that the post count on this forum.

I, perhaps, visit this forum every few days for a peek and my shortcut is to view new content. Same names, or should I say .. same name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This should probably be in the thread about changing appearances, but its a page or two back.

I was at my fave hangout the other day when a guy in a wheelchair imed me saying how good I looked, and wondered if he could have a nude pic of me.

I love complements so i was like sure, here is two.

One thing lead to another and we ended up on the couch. I didn't bother inquiring how he managed to drag himself out of the chair onto the couch, and we enjoyed some quality time.

He has been at the club every day since.

Well today I log in, and he is a woman, dancing, with no wheelchair in sight.

I though wtf, how about some consistency here?

I find that really off putting, yea I know, his/her/their life, but still prefer some sort of consistency when it comes to a person's avatar.

If you were a guy today, I expect you will be a guy tomorrow, or nothing is real, and I just can't get into you.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:08 PM, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Oh and those freakin spankers. Just freakin stop with those things! Annoying as hell and even if you temp defender those chat extenders spam it ! I hate that

Oh this. I really don't need to know your BF/GF/Kawaii chubby avatar friend that looks exactly like you slapped your jiggly a$$, or planted a wet kiss on your lips, or grabbed your bouncy rack. Really, No one does. Please stop that.

(This is where some club rules that say turn that crap off are actually a good idea.)

And that's another thing that annoys me (and apparently just me). Two/three/four avis, often the Kawaii gang, all standing around looking—for all intents and purposes—exactly the same. Same glitter, same clothes, same boots, same bubble gum or frothy tea in their hand, same constantly fidgeting "Have to go to the bathroom" AO and poses.

I thought high school was bad for having to conform.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

And that's another thing that annoys me (and apparently just me). Two/three/four avis, often the Kawaii gang, all standing around looking—for all intents and purposes—exactly the same. Same glitter, same clothes, same bubble gum or bubble tea in their hand, same "Have to go to the bathroom pose".

Just like a group of RL people who just went to Starbucks!

• Like 1

One more off putting one, people who can't be silly or fun. Basically boring af people. 

10 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Oh this. I really don't need to know your BF/GF/Kawaii chubby avatar friend that looks exactly like you slapped your jiggly a$$, or planted a wet kiss on your lips, or grabbed your bouncy rack. Really, No one does. Please stop that.

(This is where some club rules that say turn that crap off are actually a good idea.)

And that's another thing that annoys me (and apparently just me). Two/three/four avis, often the Kawaii gang, all standing around looking—for all intents and purposes—exactly the same. Same glitter, same clothes, same bubble gum or bubble tea in their hand, same "Have to go to the bathroom pose".

I thought high school was bad for having to conform.

I wear at least 3 spankers at all times. I have different ones depending on the situation. For example, if I'm around people who are so cool and think sl and everyone in sl is lame, I make sure to wear my goat scream spanker and some kind of particle emitter and attach every animated pet I own. They are usually so impressed by my spendour, they crash. 

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
55 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

goat scream

I have to get one of those. I was in a group and somebody set that off as they rose above their chair with arms outstretched..

The screaming goats in "Thor: Love and Thunder" were quite the entertainment!

(A bit of "breaking the 4th Wall" by adding random things like that, even if perhaps it was in the comics.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I find it off-putting when I forgive someone for being a jerk, but they don't "get over it" (the fact I called them out / stopped talking to them).

How would you know they're not over it if you're not talking to them 🤔? Nevermind, you're probably ignoring me too 🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:15 PM, Dorientje Woller said:

One I do hate a lot are those guys who take away any romantic/fun times with someone by jumping in your IM and proclaiming that they are the better deal then the person with whom you have a romantic/fun time.

Considering that I do not participate, it would not be hard to do. 🤣

On 1/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

Never leaves skybox.

I'm kind of one of those people. I rarely leave my home. Though in my defense I'm using alt tabbed when I'm Second Life anyway. And I'm very awkward. So yeah! I have my reasons haha

But one of my annoyances with others is when I leave my little hobbit hole (normally to places that host music) and I'm bombarded with gestures. The most annoying one "I LOVE THIS TUUUUNE!" Never fails to make my right eye twitch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add: people looking down their noses at me, when they don't realize my nose starts at an altitude beyond their grade level. There's a reason people connect reclusion with intelligence; intelligent people get tired of how arrogant stupid people are, and just stop talking to them.

So if anyone ever wonders why people poof when they see someone else instead of opening up and chatting, it might just have been a smart person trying to preserve their decent mood.

• Like 4

People who add me as a friend and then bombard me every time I log on, with invites/tp's to their club/venue/event. Stop it, right now. 

Also being pestered for virtual sex is a big nono.

These 2 reasons are why I have very few friends on SL.

• Like 5

Another things that is extremely off-putting: People who mark in their profiles that they only talk with people who have their avatars "up to their standards". I always assumed that means full mesh, nice hair, and a killer wardrobe. I can understand wanting your partner to look nice, but just protentional friends or randoms who simply want a nice passing conversation -- in order to be graced with your amazing (read as boring and generic, most likely) conversation they have to be crafted to the nines? Avatar snobbery/elitism is gag-worthy. It rubs me the wrong way every time I see it. 

Edited by stitchley
  • Like 5

On 1/21/2024 at 9:25 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

And like...those spankers have a setting where only you and your partner get the text! It'll still jiggle, but it's a lot less intrusive.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stitchley said:

Another things that is extremely off-putting: People who mark in their profiles that they only talk with people who have their avatars "up to their standards". I always assumed that means full mesh, nice hair, and a killer wardrobe. I can understand wanting your partner to look nice, but just protentional friends or randoms who simply want a nice passing conversation -- in order to be graced with your amazing (read as boring and generic, most likely) conversation they have to be crafted to the nines? Avatar snobbery/elitism is gag-worthy. It rubs me the wrong way every time I see it. 

Any time someone thinks the price of their avatar, hair, shoes, and accessories makes them better than someone else, you know they're coming from somewhere that they were treated that way (probably a lot), and SL is how they show they're better than those mean, arrogant, petty, and deluded people... by acting just like them. Makes sense, I mean, if you envy snobs enough to want to be one it takes acting like one to blend in.

But yeah, they give themselves away. Like how if someone is bending over backwards to look down their nose at you, it means they're acting on the assumption that they're already beneath you. They have to point it upward to look down, as it were.

Knowing this fact just makes me feel compassion for them. I'll still make fun of it, though.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.