What behavior do you find off-putting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just thought of a good one… people that want to be your sub/slave and say they will do anything you tell them, so you say, well do this then… and they say oh no, I can’t do that, but i’ll do anything you want.

After three or four times you start to see a pattern.

One time, with my demon friends, a new woman joined us in our castle, and said, “use me however you want, nothing is too extreme, abuse me, brutalize me, even kill me”.

So I peed on the floor and said lick that up. She said ewwww, you people are sick, and tped out, never to return.

I always laugh when a profile says they have absolutly no limits. Oh sweetie, you have limits, you just haven’t found them yet.

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2024 at 5:20 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

A barrage of IM's arriving the second I log in.  

Give a person few minutes to check the mail, set their keys down, and take off their coat before demanding their attention.

Yes! And...Give them another few minutes to find those keys they set down...some place...and put them back in their bag because they need them to unlock so many things in SL...

Tenants who send me a friendship request merely to see if I'm online, in order to make a request.

They  haven't figured out that they can look in the group to see if I'm online, it's small enough.

I used to just accept them, but that spawns ANOTHER aggressive, obnoxious behaviour -- sending force-ports to their DJ session or event. 

So now I reject them routinely.

And they also don't realize that contrary to what many evasive merchants say, my messages don't cap because I have tied them to an email, which I read.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I know. Because some people really do come into Second Life to hook up with someone, like it's a dating agency for them. :/ 

I agree that it's a pretty stupid question to even ask.  If I were a man using a female avatar, I could lie and say Yes.  Since I'm a female using a female avatar, the answer is also, Yes.  What was the.point of the question again?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I just thought of a good one… people that want to be your sub/slave and say they will do anything you tell them, so you say, well do this then… and they say oh no, I can’t do that, but i’ll do anything you want.

After three or four times you start to see a pattern.

One time, with my demon friends, a new woman joined us in our castle, and said, “use me however you want, nothing is too extreme, abuse me, brutalize me, even kill me”.

So I peed on the floor and said lick that up. She said ewwww, you people are sick, and tped out, never to return.

I always laugh when a profile says they have absolutly no limits. Oh sweetie, you have limits, you just haven’t found them yet.

Some of your posts need to stay in the "adult forum".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People don't trust you enough to believe you are the avatar you represent as, but trust you enough to think you will answer honestly..?

Eh, it's pretty easy to figure out. I keep my circle very small and if I were to partner someone or anything more than friendship I would want to know.  That's just me though. I realize that there are many people who don't care or lie about it.  I don't ever outright ask people that though.  My current partner is a male and I'm a friend on his real FB page so it would be tough for him to lie.  Now whether he lies about other stuff, who knows and I don't care. I'm never going to be with him in RL so I just enjoy the company when we are on.

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

I'm never going to be with him in RL so I just enjoy the company when we are on.

This brought up a VERY off-putting behavior I was subjected to.

My SL partner, unbeknownst to me, thought we were going to meet one day and be together in RL. 

It had never occurred to me..he is on a different continent..and I never tried to mislead him or saw it coming.

He got upset when I started talking about certain RL things, which made this come up. 

Anyway, because of this I think that if I ever partner someone again, I will set this expectation from the start: no matter what RL information we share or talk about, it doesn't imply I want to get together in RL.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I never leave my "ground" parcel, does that count? (Have no need for a skybox.)

Yes it counts. You never leave the ground and I never leave my skybox, so we can't be friends.

Ah, I thought he (Robber) in the quoted text was saying it is off-putting when OTHER people never leave their skybox. (I guess that makes sense for you, though.)

I do occasionally explore a little, check out holiday destinations, etc. More than the past 6-7 years! 

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This brought up a VERY off-putting behavior I was subjected to.

My SL partner, unbeknownst to me, thought we were going to meet one day and be together in RL. 

It had never occurred to me..he is on a different continent..and I never tried to mislead him or saw it coming.

He got upset when I started talking about certain RL things, which made this come up. 

Anyway, because of this I think that if I ever partner someone again, I will set this expectation from the start: no matter what RL information we share or talk about, it doesn't imply I want to get together in RL.

A friend of mine here had a gf in SL who actually got upset because he was going out on a date in RL.  He states very clearly in his profile (which I assume the gf read at some point), that he's not looking for any exclusive or RL hookups.

The few times I was involved with someone in SL, I was very happy when they found someone in RL.  To be jealous over someone finding happiness in RL?  That just boggles my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

A friend of mine here had a gf in SL who actually got upset because he was going out on a date in RL.  He states very clearly in his profile (which I assume the gf read at some point), that he's not looking for any exclusive or RL hookups.

The few times I was involved with someone in SL, I was very happy when they found someone in RL.  To be jealous over someone finding happiness in RL?  That just boggles my mind.

Appropriately, from Parliament's "Fantasy is Reality": (selected lyrics)

Fantasy is reality in the world today
I'll keep hanging in there, that is the only way (hang, hang, hangin' in there)
Recollections of what Grandaddy used to say
Keeps me hanging in there, that is the only way (hang, hang, hang, hangin' in there, oh yeah)

Insanity is normality in this time and day
You gotta keep hanging in there, that is the only way

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, I thought he (Robber) in the quoted text was saying it is off-putting when OTHER people never leave their skybox. (I guess that makes sense for you, though.)

Hi did say that and, since I rarely leave mine even on the occasions when I actually log in, which are rare these days, he and I would never be friends.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is there the possibility of being friends but just not "hanging out"?

Considering the rarity of me logging in, I don't think so. There is someone who I consider to be a good SL friend but it's just here in the forum. We've never met inworld. So I don't think that counts.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was talking to a friend of mine about this very thing.  Sometimes I think people like talking about meeting in RL  because it makes the fantasy so much more real.  Like "if we were together in RL we could...."   

Also men also get upset as well. I was partnered to someone that has a lot of health issues that he is barely online.  This started happening after we were partnered. After being in SL alone most of the time I was there, but partnered, I told him that it's probably best that we just be friends.  He got very upset, told me I was playing him and that he hates people that are fake.  I'm sorry but if I'm partnered to you and you are never on and expect me to be faithful is that really fair?    He didn't really get it though and said I was a liar and a fake. Go figure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m good with just about anything, we’re all different people socially, and some people do weird things but that’s just normal to them and if the intention is innocent then I’ll deal with things I don’t like.

Like excessive emojis, laughing after everything, emotes all the god damn time, spacing out 

like this

as if there’s rapidly fading

chat bubbles

like habbo hotel or something 

idk

But the one thing I absolutely steer away from is anyone who starts with a minimal DM, sudden notification, new chat tab, “hi”. Immediate red flags. Cut that out, this is a social world, if you can’t say it in open chat either you have something suspicious to say, or the space itself sucks because it doesn’t encourage open chat. 
That too, I don’t like places where they encourage people to keep small conversations to private chat. That’s just encouraging the whole “room of silent statues” thing and that’s awful and I want nothing to do with that vibe. 
I basically never use DMs unless its to my partner about something irl that’s semi private and shouldn’t be shared publicly.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.