What behavior do you find off-putting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Some people would love it, if we had one of these on the forums:

260px-Tjitte.jpg

I think there is some that really like those in world too..  I think there is some sort of crazy butt smelling fetish going on in there or something. O.O

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think there is some that really like those in world too..  I think there is some sort of crazy butt smelling fetish going on in there or something. O.O

Like this?

stocks_1.thumb.jpg.86c3249315979dbf0750040175a0af0d.jpg

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I unpartnered mine because it just seemed to attract all kinds of people that were looking to corrupt a wife to cheat on here husband.. lol

a lot of that went away when I changed some of  the wording in my profile as well as  removed the partnership.

There are lots of people who (even with their own alts) will present as happily partnered couples for the sole purpose of luring others into their infidelity fantasies, so I'd expect there are lots of people who, when they see a happily partnered profile just assume it's an ad for that kind of fantasy RP.

This is a thing about profiles, they're kind of like art. I mean, different people interpret them differently. Someone might put honest info in their profile just so others can know them a little better on first meeting, but then there are people who craft profile info for their own purposes in order to find people who are their "type".

I used to be partnered to my alt. I thought well, maybe if people see this, and read the part of my profile where it says "happily partnered to my alt, not looking, thanks", they'll get that I'm really and seriously not looking for that sort of thing.

Nope. I got hit on every time I logged in and left my house. Sometimes without even leaving my house. People would show up on the sim, stand around a minute, then make a beeline for me, and park under my dot. Strangers would IM and try to get me to teleport to them without even saying hello first.

When I had info in my profile stating plainly that I wished to be left alone by people who are attracted to minors, I got creepy IMs from people who were attracted to minors.

Now my profile just says that I live on a horror sim and don't get along with others.

Nobody really bothers me anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

There are lots of people who (even with their own alts) will present as happily partnered couples for the sole purpose of luring others into their infidelity fantasies, so I'd expect there are lots of people who, when they see a happily partnered profile just assume it's an ad for that kind of fantasy RP.

This is a thing about profiles, they're kind of like art. I mean, different people interpret them differently. Someone might put honest info in their profile just so others can know them a little better on first meeting, but then there are people who craft profile info for their own purposes in order to find people who are their "type".

I used to be partnered to my alt. I thought well, maybe if people see this, and read the part of my profile where it says "happily partnered to my alt, not looking, thanks", they'll get that I'm really and seriously not looking for that sort of thing.

Nope. I got hit on every time I logged in and left my house. Sometimes without even leaving my house. People would show up on the sim, stand around a minute, then make a beeline for me, and park under my dot. Strangers would IM and try to get me to teleport to them without even saying hello first.

When I had info in my profile stating plainly that I wished to be left alone by people who are attracted to minors, I got creepy IMs from people who were attracted to minors.

Now my profile just says that I live on a horror sim and don't get along with others.

Nobody really bothers me anymore.

Mine was more like, my husband not liking how much I spend in here.. Mostly silly humor..

Now it says:

"One day I'm going to put something really impressive in this box.
Until then, it'll have to be the same ole silly random things that usually just pop into my head at any given moment..

Because that's how I roll people!! \o/
 hehehehe"

Then I also have a disclaimer in my pics .. It's titled: "My Disclaimer lol" and say's, Is the bestest Disclaimer Ever! \o/

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Hi did say that and, since I rarely leave mine even on the occasions when I actually log in, which are rare these days, he and I would never be friends.

Yes, I use reddit and discord for chatting mostly 🤣. SL is like a massive interactive work of art to be explored for me. I have no building or scripting skills so you would be bored too. I appreciate you as a human 😘

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why?
Other forumites only have the same rights as you have. Simply don't care that others might have other opinions. At least that is what I do. It is not the end of the world if I don't win the Internet every time. ;)

Forums are made for information and discussion. Discussions are pretty boring if everybody is exactly on the same page all the time IMHO. And some are friendlier than others, just like in RL, because we are all people hidden behind the avatars.

The only group that could harm you (by using the ban hammer on the forums or even in world) have the last name Linden or Mole. Most of them who are regularly on these forums are good people too BTW.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm blocked by Love over dicky comments i made to him a couple of months ago. What am I going to do? Nothing. That's his right. You live and learn 🫣. If you find someone too off-putting, the block button is right there. No need to walk on eggshells @AmberJoyBliss 😉

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Theres been a few guys over the years that seem to have been implying they’d be willing to travel internationally for papers too. When I tell them I’m good with them being my online pretend boyfriend, the romance immediately stops.

I'm not willing to travel internationally, whether or not for papers, but I'm happy to be an online boyfriend :D

• Like 4

On 1/10/2024 at 11:16 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

Hanging out afk at sex sims ALL THE TIME. 

Never leaves skybox

I've no idea how I'd know, so it can't put me off. If not literally all the time and never, and I somehow knew, it wouldn't put me off either, if it's what they like doing, fine. 

Behaviours that I actually find off-putting aren't things that "random people" do, like hi, how are you's followed by radio silence, while they're busy trying to chat up any other roughly female looking avatar in the region, or even right-out asking for SLex despite your profile having "no!!!!!" written all over it, or begging, or such, but really mean-spirited behaviour that most people would probably also find off-putting with rl people, like gaslighting, causing fake mean rumours, and the like, "just for the funsies", while pretending to be friends with you or the person they are gossiping about or whatever.

• Like 1

Honestly, and it sounds a bit odd since I know the SL community likes well fleshed out profiles in general but those GIANT profiles with a huge list of picks and information about people.

I don't mind a spartan profile, maybe because mine is. I understand the purpose of an extensive profile and I'm not saying I don't understand the reasons people build them up to that sort of level but for me it's off putting, I like to get to know people and I feel with many I'm not so much reading a profile but a list of terms, conditions and a whole lot of back story even if it's not written that way. Discovery is fun.

There's probably a middle ground, I appreciate I'm on the very little side of things though. I feel if I'm in a sociable mood and contact someone with a giant profile I have to read very, very carefully and that's no fun. I'm not even just talking about the ones that lay out conditions on who should and shouldn't contact them.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I feel with many I'm not so much reading a profile but a list of terms and conditions even if it's not written that way

I read profiles a lot, and there sure are quite a few that evoke that feeling! =D I'm finding them useful, though, maybe not in the intended way, but still... 😃

• Like 1

1. People who assume that anyone owes them "voice verification"  to prove they are such and such gender. The ones who air their insecurities within 15 minutes of speaking that they cannot continue said conversation unless they hear my voice. To be so insecure with oneself that you need voice verification for a simple conversation is silly.

I'm not in SL to appease anyone's insecurities. I'm not here for romance or relationships. I have always made that very clear and if my simply conversing with someone depends on me voice verifying, I'm just not interested. I'm deaf. Voice holds no interest for me for very obvious reasons.

Just needed to add I'm not talking about those who need that reassurance if they are entering a romantic relationship with someone in SL and that is important to them.

2. People who know I'm deaf using voice when they are around me and getting angry at me for not responding because I didn't hear anything they said or had any idea they were speaking on voice.

3. Getting lectured on how I shouldn't experience social anxiety in sl and should "just get over it."  I do in fact have social anxiety even in sl. It causes me to be very shy and awkward towards others at times to the point of having to teleport out of social situations when extremely overwhelmed. Been in therapy for years and have yet to just get over it.

4. Random people I don't even know actually getting hurt over the fact I simply state in my profile that I'm not often open to new friendships. I have a very small circle of family and friends here. They have been in my rl since birth (twin sis) or have been part of my rl or sl life for years. Or both lives. I take these relationships very seriously and put my whole heart and time into them. I don't have the energy to do the whole superficial friendship scene. It just isn't my cup of tea.

There is more, but these are the biggest irritants.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 11

Bragging about "being verified". By whom? Is there any official certificate of verification? Who verified them? How? How do they prove it? 

And expecting me to prove I am a woman. Also their fear that I might be a man and they're talking to a man who uses a woman avi! (that's off putting but also hilarious, that level of insecurity for no reason)

People who expect me to carry out the conversation after they IM me with "Hi" or something like that

Offering friendship, we add each other to the contact lists and then they never speak to me again, even if I try to IM them occasionally. What's the point? Boosting the ego with the number of contacts?

"Relax, it's only SL" as an answer when something makes me uncomfortable and I do not want to continue a conversation

All the unsolicited comments about my avi look. "Your should wear / use / try / smile more". No, I should not. 

Last but not least, applies to people I know longer than a few weeks and we are on a good path to become friends - not paying attention to the conversation, forgetting information we share, asking the same questions over and over again. I understand there might be different reasons for that (I tend to zone out a lot too and I have a very short attention span) but generally I find it hard to accept if it happens all the time

Edited by Saskia Rieko
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.