Tasty Malts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ladies, post pictures of your male alts so the guys can judge them.

This ^ comment is spoofing a similar one on one of the photo threads. The real reason I'm creating this thread is because someone suggested on another thread that real males should weigh in on how realistic are women's expections of how men should look in SL. The assumption in that post seemed to be that how women create a male avatar to look represents what they view as sexy. I think this may be true sometimes, but not always.

Anyway, if we're going to objectify avatars, let's do so with avatars that don't represent the gender we actually identify with in RL. I'm also curious how men think a male avatar should look, since women clearly dominate discussions of how female avatars should look.

I'll start with a look I threw together with a Brox! Mesh body & skin.

Evan-Brox!BodySkin16-Sept.3_001.thumb.jpg.8e18604b474064f6227be9fd4a51424f.jpg

Evan-Brox!BodySkin16-Sept.3_002.thumb.jpg.d86941c7db60e3f573d50ca27498d375.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The only real way to settle this is for us womenz to post photos of what our ideal SL hotties would look like and let the menz judge how realistic/unrealistic our expectations really are. Put those alt-making skills to work, ladies!

Just kidding. 😄

Here's where I got the idea for this thread. Thanks, Ayashe. 😄 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Here's where I got the idea for thus thread. Thanks, Ayashe. 😄 

I was kiddinnnnng, Persephone! 😄

Okay fine, here ya go. Not true alts since they run around under my same "Ayashe Ninetails" tag because I have no shame and see no point in separating them out into their own accounts. They're just named after their heads. They're also not what I want to see in other men in SL as I don't date here anymore - they simply just represent different parts of myself (like all of my avatars). The best compliment I ever received was from my SL best friend who, when she first saw Ford (who I'll post later), said "He is so YOU!" That's exactly what I'm going for.

Male Gizzy (frog) and male Alain in his day vs. night makeup. 😂 I'll post Ford and Quinn later as both are in the middle of slight makeovers. Another fantasy gent will be joining the crew as soon as the head I'm waiting for is released in a couple days.

Marc Ribbityay

I Carried This for Years

With time, I'd have won you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ladies, post pictures of your male alts so the guys can judge them.

A license to judge, eh? Well, hang on to your knickers, 'cause ..

courtisnowinsession-court.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Love Zhaoying

If we start a thread for men with female alts to post pictures of theirs, I bet the women on this forum won't be so sparing of the men's feelings. We might not point out a specific avatar publicly as having an unrealistic appearance, but we complain about types of shapes that we don't like all the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The thread is for guys judge how realistic women-made male avatars are.  How are we doing?.

I do have a clue how beautiful women avatars can look like, but a beautiful guy? 
No idea really.  Wearing a shirt and shoes might count for something, no?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Okay!  My M-alt MikeReashun was a whole process and, as I have mentioned previously, a big struggle for me to create.  He went through several "looks" that I didn't get pics of, but here are a few I have of the process.

Original Mike was too young and a little plain for my liking:

image.jpeg.f485e2547be705632c9c9882e2641fad.jpeg

By the time I got around to making the next Mike, I had almost given up and just made him funny:

image.thumb.jpeg.e217f7db55282998268848fd6827d402.jpeg

Tried again. Getting closer, but the facial hair is wrong, still too young, and he is too casual in this particular t-shirt.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d8fc019be7ea495494067940438c700.jpeg

I finally found a balance of masculine features and clothes I liked.  I like the way he turned.  He has a real-life proportioned shape with no exaggerated muscles or over-done tattoos (although I like tattoos and he has some.) He is a normal height, not a giant and aged a bit.  I was trying for realistic, which is pretty boring for some, and I do love fantasy avatars.  Maybe one day I will try for a fantasy look with him.  Mike is so patient when it comes to trying on demos.  I'm sure he won't mind.

image.thumb.jpeg.165680653a5cdb6a78e171e9dc13fee2.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.