New Membership plans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

Hey Reed Linden, you didn't mention that I had came up with something just like this. It was called Minor Premium. I think that more land than that should be offered for membership. Here is what I propose.

Plus=1024 sq. meters of land.

Premium=2048 sq. meters of land.

Premium Plus= 4096 sq. meters of land.

If it was setup like that, then more land would sell. Today, some land in the sim where my store is at, was abandoned. It is  now at 40,448 sq. meters. In some sims, the whole sim, or most of the sim is abandoned.

Another thing that can be done is to build more roads, and railroads.  That could help to sell more land. Also, ask those that own half a sim, or a whole sim if they want a road built in their sim. It may not be possible to build roads in some sims, because somebody may own lots of land if they want a road built.  

If they do, they could build an urban sim, and have streets connect to the road. 

So have somebody that works with the land, to talk with the moles, and talk to players that own lots of land. Some may not want a road built on their land. Others might.

This would actually make me upgrade to Premium Plus.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 4:08 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

50 groups

Wonders why the Lindens would think I need 50 groups?  Maybe years ago before all the sales events.  But now, there are the Friday sales, Weekend Sales and more and you just go there or read FB. With Gacha, it was needed also to have a lot of groups.  I have since moved on from Gacha though.  

50 groups? - Is that really a useful "perk"?  In the latter half of my SL, 50 groups is an avoid.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

50 groups? - Is that really a useful "perk"?

Yup. As a basic account, I'm constantly juggling my groups and I'm always maxed.

On the shopping front, you need groups not only for individual store group gifts, in some cases, but also event freebies. Also, many groups now have a fee, and they can get fairly steep (I've personally seen up to 1000L to join, with 50L-500L being more common). You generally don't want to leave those once you've paid, as they often give out regular monthly gifts or have ongoing store discounts that require the group tag. Special higher value freebies (like heads or skins), group member sales, and other events, as well.

Then there are land/rental groups (if needed), social groups, club/event groups, building groups, etc. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Also, many groups now have a fee, and they can get fairly steep (I've personally seen up to 1000L to join, with 50L-500L being more common). You generally don't want to leave those once you've paid, as they often give out regular monthly gifts or have ongoing store

Oh yeah that.  You know I had paid for some of those kinds of groups and they never had any sale or a special in over a year.  So, I bit the bullet and left most groups even though I paid.  The Friday and Weekend Sales and Seraphim are better for me.  

However, if those groups did send me any info on sales, they were capped out probably and I never got the notices.

Also, I realized after I typed that that tinies have one main group where just about every tiny event can put out a notice all combined into one main group.  

It was only Gacha I needed all the groups for.  Even if you capped out overnight, there were always tons of good sales happening throughout the day.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh yeah that.  You know I had paid for some of those kinds of groups and they never had any sale or a special in over a year.  So, I bit the bullet and left most groups even though I paid.  The Friday and Weekend Sales and Seraphim are better for me.  

However, if those groups did send me any info on sales, they were capped out probably and I never got the notices.

Also, I realized after I typed that that tinies have one main group where just about every tiny event can put out a notice all combined into one main group.  

It was only Gacha I needed all the groups for.  Even if you capped out overnight, there were always tons of good sales happening throughout the day.  

Ya I try to avoid groups that charge large amounts  because they have a gift room or something.. A lot of times the gifts just really aren't worth it.. Sometimes ya , but a lot of times  not really.. For me anyways.. That can be subjective from user to user.

The big ones that eat up my groups is support groups for products.. Especially for like mesh bodies and heads and any products  for maybe furniture or landscaping and things... Mainly anything where I need to keep up with updates.. That can take up a wide range of products depending on how you live your SL.. Just with land products for something like Skye, which I would want to keep up with them..

Then add social groups.. 50 can go pretty quick..

Some might not see 50 groups as  a perk or nice perk, where others are going to.. It'll make life easier for some people and not dent others. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Yeah, notice spam and buggy group chat definitely messes with things. I try to turn off notices from any groups I don't particularly want or need them from. It helps a teensy bit.

Some of those paid groups aren't worth at all, but there are many that give out free gift cards and store credit on a regular basis - sometimes weekly, so those I definitely stay in. If a store group has no activity whatsoever, I just bounce.

Having an increase in group slots would be huge for me, but I don't really need any of the other perks, so I don't bother with memberships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, notice spam and buggy group chat definitely messes with things. I try to turn off notices from any groups I don't particularly want or need them from. It helps a teensy bit.

Yeah, it can.  Plus, most every live musician wants you to join their group which is a tough one.  There are some groups coming along which are united live musician groups so it's all in one group.  I think that's a good idea since there are probably hundreds of live music acts in SL.  They could narrow it down to 4 or 5 main live musician groups.  It's just getting the word out that's tough to do.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

50 groups? - Is that really a useful "perk"?  In the latter half of my SL, 50 groups is an avoid.

Totally depends on the person and what they do in SL.  I'm currently using 68 of my 70 group allowance.  Most of them are for the benefits that I get by being in the group -- free gifts, discounts on purchases, yearly advent gifts, etc..   I intentionally keep 2 open for use as short term join -- join a group for a hunt and leave afterwards, join for a specific gift and leave afterwards, etc...

My understanding for the businesses that are in the various events (including all of the weekly sales) is that every event has its own group and the merchants must be in the groups in order to participate in the events.  I imagine that can quickly use up group slots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Some of those paid groups aren't worth at all, but there are many that give out free gift cards and store credit on a regular basis - sometimes weekly, so those I definitely stay in. If a store group has no activity whatsoever, I just bounce.

Having an increase in group slots would be huge for me, but I don't really need any of the other perks, so I don't bother with memberships.

Omg, I shut off most of my groups notices, especially if they are always posting up adds.. Like now in some groups stores doing these silly 10 minute sales.. Get it in the next 10 minutes for this price, the clock is ticking.. then an hour later another 10 minute sale.. bleh

Plus even stopped group chats popping up too.. there is nothing worse that trying to do a photoshoot and every two seconds a group chat popping up over your hud in the upper right corner.. in black dragon I cut them all off in all three check boxes.. If a group is nothing but add spam , I just drop them altogether..

I'm just glad we have those three boxes or I'd probably not have a lot of groups that i do have.. hehehehe

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Omg, I shut off most of my groups notices, especially if they are always posting up adds.. Like now in some groups stores doing these silly 10 minute sales.. Get it in the next 10 minutes for this price, the clock is ticking.. then an hour later another 10 minute sale.. bleh

Oh, those are super annoying. Funny enough, there is one store that has given away so much group-only store credit that I own just about every makeup pack they sell and haven't had to pay a dime for it. I'm actually considering turning off their notice spam until they start making more new releases. 😂

42 groups is kind of a weird number to cap basic accounts at, though. I kind of wish we'd get bumped to 50, and then give memberships options to increase that from there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

this is marked, but the basic user has a limit of IMs in the email

I thought that the limit was simply applicable to what LL stores and delivers when you log back in.  If you click that box, I thought you still get all of them to your email.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought that the limit was simply applicable to what LL stores and delivers when you log back in.  If you click that box, I thought you still get all of them to your email.

Nope. The limit is "Number of offline messages (involving IMs, inventory offers, group notices, group invitations) received before messages get capped."

01f0c6cdef694cb0e200609c22f2fa28.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

I think I'll keep hoping for a la carte. I don't need more groups, don't need stipend, not interested in a 512 mainland plot - I just want a Linden home. 🙃

I would love to see a "choose your perks" option.  I have no need for a 100 groups or discounted texture uploads, or messages to email.  I like land, stipend, and getting into full regions first. 

I also wish you could use the land benefits in any way you want.  A P+ subscriber could choose 2 512s and a 1024 LH,  use it all on mainland, or get 1 of the upcoming fancy LHs.

A premium subscription could get you 1 1024 or 2 512 LHs or mainland.

A basic plus could get one of the many empty 512  sakuras, Newbrookes, or campers, or the equivalent mainland size.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I would love to see a "choose your perks" option.  I have no need for a 100 groups or discounted texture uploads, or messages to email.  I like land, stipend, and getting into full regions first. 

I also wish you could use the land benefits in any way you want.  A P+ subscriber could choose 2 512s and a 1024 LH,  use it all on mainland, or get 1 of the upcoming fancy LHs.

A premium subscription could get you 1 1024 or 2 512 LHs or mainland.

A basic plus could get one of the many empty 512  sakuras, Newbrookes, or campers, or the equivalent mainland size.

I mean that would be cool, build your own premium that best suits you. @Reed Lindencan you make that possible? Build your own premium. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nope. The limit is "Number of offline messages (involving IMs, inventory offers, group notices, group invitations) received before messages get capped."

01f0c6cdef694cb0e200609c22f2fa28.png

I've just tested this with a basic alt. Sent 30 offline IMs to it (with pauses between them). The alt received 30 emails, one for each IM. After I've logged in with the alt I saw the first 25 IMs inworld. So it seems the limits are for whatever LL stores for your inworld viewing, not the number of emails they send (and why would they limit this? sending emails is cheap/free).

Edited by Candide LeMay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.