New Membership plans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think any level of Plus, Premium and PPlus has too little land included.

I agree that it should be much more. Like @Andred Darwinand others suggested.

But SL will not kill the land market? So many of us get more and more land because we want to set out more plants, nicer furniture etc etc. (Not that it isn't great looking low Li furniture, but I got to the point where I feel that I only use that, and would want some 20 - 30 Li furniture instead of 6 - 10)

SL runs on tier and rentals. And we stay here and pay as much as we can afford. At least I do. If I could, I would have a region with 30 000 Li.

The land market is an inflated mess right now, due entirely to letting the residents get involved in it.

If Linden Lab "killed" the land market by offering it directly, at reasonable prices, that'd be good for everyone (including LL) except the speculators/land barons. Since they're the ones that turned it into the current mess of inflated prices, I have no sympathy for them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

The land market is an inflated mess right now, due entirely to letting the residents get involved in it.

If Linden Lab "killed" the land market by offering it directly, at reasonable prices, that'd be good for everyone (including LL) except the speculators/land barons. Since they're the ones that turned it into the current mess of inflated prices, I have no sympathy for them.

Yeah!  I wanna watch a riot too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

You mean like how they automatically sold abandoned land at L$1 per meter, which ended up eventually leading to a higher amount of abandoned land and lower amount of total land owned?

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You mean like how they automatically sold abandoned land at L$1 per meter, which ended up eventually leading to a higher amount of abandoned land and lower amount of total land owned?

No, I mean like decent sized parcels cut into four 1024's and priced at 200,000 US dollars each for months or years on end.

• Confused 1

On 11/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, Marianne Little said:

I think any level of Plus, Premium and PPlus has too little land included.

I agree that it should be much more. Like @Andred Darwinand others suggested.

But SL will not kill the land market? So many of us get more and more land because we want to set out more plants, nicer furniture etc etc. (Not that it isn't great looking low Li furniture, but I got to the point where I feel that I only use that, and would want some 20 - 30 Li furniture instead of 6 - 10)

SL runs on tier and rentals. And we stay here and pay as much as we can afford. At least I do. If I could, I would have a region with 30 000 Li.

If you can buy a homestead on Premium Plus why in the world would you ever need more land than that? 

Edited by Aria Aurelia

17 hours ago, Aria Aurelia said:

If you can buy a homestead on Premium Plus why in the world would you ever need more land than that? 

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

We want more FREE land included.

Yes, that. For that price of PPlus, I was hoping for more land than 2048m.

And hehe, I can find use for not only 5000Li, but 30 000 Li. But I can't afford it, of course. 

I am renting enough land now, that I have almost 5000 Li. For this I pay the land company 57 US a month, including transaction fee for buying Lindens.

I must pay LL 249 US first, 149 US in setup fee, then 109 US every month for 5000 Li in a homestead. And 25% VAT on top of the monthly price.

Even if I didn't have to pay VAT, a homestead would cost me the double every month, PPlus and setup fee not included.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And hehe, I can find use for not only 5000Li, but 30 000 Li. But I can't afford it, of course. 

I am renting enough land now, that I have almost 5000 Li. For this I pay the land company 57 US a month, including transaction fee for buying Lindens.

I must pay LL 249 US first, 149 US in setup fee, then 109 US every month for 5000 Li in a homestead. And 25% VAT on top of the monthly price.

Even if I didn't have to pay VAT, a homestead would cost me the double every month, PPlus and setup fee not included.

In the announcement about the new cheaper premium it said that VAT was going away. Was that JUST for the new cheaper level without mostly just land ownership as the main perk?   If so I was confused :D

30 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

In the announcement about the new cheaper premium it said that VAT was going away. Was that JUST for the new cheaper level without mostly just land ownership as the main perk?   If so I was confused :D

I read it as 'LL no longer charging VAT on any of the membership plans'.

But they do still charge VAT on tier -- and presumably monthly region fees.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Marianne Little said:

Actually, it was 149 for the homestead for the first month that includes the first month of tier - then 109 a month after that.  I recently got rid of my grandfathered full sim as my second life partner, and I wanted something different.  

Edited by Aria Aurelia

On 11/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I read it as 'LL no longer charging VAT on any of the membership plans'.

But they do still charge VAT on tier -- and presumably monthly region fees.

Yes, VAT killed owning Mainland for me. The price of tier is high enough, without VAT on top.

A Premium that includes larger land than 1024 or 2048 without tier, would be better for me.

I don't know how LL made annually Premium VAT free, but it is not new. I paid annually for old premium, until 8 months ago, and somehow the VAT wasn't added on top. Either LL cover VAT, or they find some loophole in the laws. Who knows what a lawyer can do, to argue that annually Premium is something different than monthly.

As a Premium user, the price is so high now that it is cheaper to not be Plus, Premium or PremiumPlus and rent instead. If land is our main reason to be in SL, as it is for me now. For others, the many groups, animesh attachments and other benefits is valuable, and they may pay because of that only.

Even if I didn't pay VAT, I think PremiumP would not be a super deal. I read many Americans post that two Premiums are cheaper for them, even with the stipend, and that is ? to me.

PlusOnly: you can buy Mainland. It is no other point in spending money on Plus.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know how LL made annually Premium VAT free, but it is not new. I paid annually for old premium, until 8 months ago, and somehow the VAT wasn't added on top. Either LL cover VAT, or they find some loophole in the laws.

I remember that it used to be that LL did not charge VAT on yearly Premium, but did charge it on the quarterly and monthly.  When LL started charging US folks tax on stuff, it was mentioned that LL used to pay it themselves and just not charge it back to us.  So, I'm guessing that VAT is that way -- they always paid it when due, but didn't charge it back to the user.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.