New Membership plans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While I understand the new plans and think its a great idea I am wondering when they will bring in the  PREMIUM PLUS HOUSE'S as its now been nearly 6 months of waiting  just wish LL  would finish off one plan before they start all the new stuff you know do one thing at a time :))))) but great work to all  whho run SL  

1 hour ago, ELF53 said:

While I understand the new plans and think its a great idea I am wondering when they will bring in the  PREMIUM PLUS HOUSE'S as its now been nearly 6 months of waiting  just wish LL  would finish off one plan before they start all the new stuff you know do one thing at a time :))))) but great work to all  whho run SL  

Well, LL did not set a date for the houses, so unless people needed the other benefits right there and then, they should have waited with PPlus. 

I am looking at what I spend in SL, it is a major amount for me, and I only rent and buy stuff. It is no VAT on renting and shopping.

I spend around 80 US every month. I know others spend hundreds and hundreds of US, and others spend nothing. I like to think I am a medium spender.

Tier is out of the question because VAT, so unless LL find a loophole, it stay out of the question. 

• Like 1

If it was decided some years ago that we in Europe had to pay VAT on SL membership to comply with tax laws in EU countries, I wonder what has changed.

I'm not aware of any laws being changed re. VAT, either in the EU or in the UK (which has now left the EU unfortunately).  Has LL simply reduced prices to make to make it look like we don't pay VAT any more? 

Anyway, I'm happy about the lower prices, so that's good.

• Like 3

This seems a little misleading:

image.thumb.png.f6a34ca639292d597448c730b66cce8b.png

I assume somebody was trying to list the advantages of Premium Plus by listing the lesser benefits available to mere Premium subscribers, but this is a grab-bag of Premium and Basic features: Everybody can create groups for L$100 (instead of L$10) and upload assets for L$10 (instead of free). I think everybody can have animesh attachments, too, but the number of them increases at each level, right? (Admittedly I have no interest in animesh, attached or otherwise, so I wasn't really paying attention.)

Otherwise, I'd be super interested in the "Plus" membership if it preserved grandfathered stipends—which it almost surely won't. Assuming it doesn't, I'll likely drop at least one of my Premium alts all the way to Basic, now that it's confirmed there's to be no price reduction for Premium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lowering of tier on 8192m or more, and the dropping of VAT, is great news for me, and will save me around £60 a year.  The new Plus level isn't tempting, but I'm now tempted to keep my 3rd premium alt on full premium instead of dropping her back to Basic. What I choose will depend on how my finances look this time next year.

I don't think I'm really the target audience for Plus level - it looks to me like its aimed at people who have never been Premium before, to tempt them into a cheaper, lower level of land ownership and get a taste of how it works. I am disappointed that the new level doesn't allow the 512m Linden Homes though, like the campers and the smaller Newbrooks and Sakuras. That was a mistake I think.

• Like 2

I think it's gonna be good for those members that really don't want or need a lot of land, but just a little spot to camp out or set up a change room or a place to call their own..

A lot of people really don't need too much..

I think it's a good package for those that come for more casual part of the world.. I'm always hearing people asking if they know of a place they can change or put up a skybox.

They will probably draw some of them in..

It's a good test package for new users too that might want to get a membership but thought premium was a bit too much.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Can @Reed Lindenanswer, I wonder:

It is VAT on tier? Can that be changed?

Will LL consider changing the benefits, so Plus can have a 512 m Linden Home? 

Will Plus have access to Premium sandboxes?

I think the main reason for the package was so they could get mainland..

If they make it where they can get linden homes and other premium perks, the package might start sounding too attractive to those already with premium accounts to where  people start dropping premium. Especially with hard times hitting..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Re the new Plus. (Basic Plus I've christened it personally)

Does one get a 512m plot with home in the new package, or does one get a 512m 'allowance' with the requirement to go and buy a 512m plot somewhere on mainland ?  Asking for an impoverished alt.  

Also, if LL really want to sell more mainland try clearing up the 17 years of abysmal junk that litters the lands and ruins the views and lags the place up terribly. Rant over.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 3

I'm confused as usual. This appears to be not geared to helping new users understand the pricing. +=+ ? Way too many plus imo. Most people are in the process of cancelling all the plus services maybe wise to come up with something more original and easy to understand vs what's currently trending. 

If I want to own my dream mainland parcel which is under 1000 m2 for 225,000L/approx 936.00USD

I would have to get premium membership @ best value 99.00 per year. which gives me 1024 worth of "ability to use land" I purchased for 936.00USD thinking I owned it but I can not use it without this membership/subscription to second life, the land I purchase in world would be useless without membership/subscription. Assuming If I do not pay my membership I lose the land I paid directly for / be locked out of my second life account until I can afford to deal with land I see no need of having anyways so if I want to keep my account I have to sell the land I thought I owned? 

And say I wanted to add on the "plus" without going "premium plus" it would an extra:

@ best value 65.99 per year gets me 12,500L (currently valued @ approx $55.30USD) If I desired to have the additional 512 parcel size of land and 50 groups would be some value there I suppose. Unsure if the + is an add on to premium or if users have to have premium plus to add the plus.... 

I don't use groups and would rather pay for my L when I need it. 

The graph below is almost useless to me because I do not see what the prices used to be on it or normal preimum membership ( which is a required prerequisite ) I'm not seeing the entire picture when it comes to value. 

If the goal is to confuse new and existing users with this continued confusion and madness, you're doing swell job. Like a new user is really going to understand any of this. Giving the gife of a headache more like. 

Most respectfully, 

Annotation 2022-11-18 085337.png

usually with * is involved the reference information is below. I'm seeing a bunch of hyperlinks, assuming leading to more ** and more ** without reference information.

The hyperline would usually look like Monthly Land Use Fee* with a link to the information, not a link to the preimum membership knowledge base page. Seriously...

Annotation 2022-11-18 094608.png

20 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I'm confused as usual. This appears to be not geared to helping new users understand the pricing. +=+ ? Way too many plus imo. Most people are in the process of cancelling all the plus services maybe wise to come up with something more original and easy to understand vs what's currently trending. 

If I want to own my dream mainland parcel which is under 1000 m2 for 225,000L/approx 936.00USD

I would have to get premium membership @ best value 99.00 per year. which gives me 1024 worth of "ability to use land" I purchased for 936.00USD thinking I owned it but I can not use it without this membership/subscription to second life, the land I purchase in world would be useless without membership/subscription. Assuming If I do not pay my membership I lose the land I paid directly for / be locked out of my second life account until I can afford to deal with land I see no need of having anyways so if I want to keep my account I have to sell the land I thought I owned? 

And say I wanted to add on the "plus" without going "premium plus" it would an extra:

@ best value 65.99 per year gets me 12,500L (currently valued @ approx $55.30USD) If I desired to have the additional 512 parcel size of land and 50 groups would be some value there I suppose. Unsure if the + is an add on to premium or if users have to have premium plus to add the plus.... 

The graph below is almost useless to me because I do not see what the prices used to be on it or normal preimum membership ( which is a required prerequisite ) I'm not seeing the entire picture when it comes to value. 

If the goal is to confuse new and existing users with this continued confusion and madness, you're doing swell job. Like a new user is really going to understand any of this. Giving the gife of a headache more like. 

Most respectfully, 

Now I'm confused.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Good News: If the confused users get the wrong membership plan, they can always upgrade or downgrade!

yah if I'm confused and pay for a year I can always downgrade after that year, and when that happens and downgrade was requested was still attempted to bill for and locked out of account. Perfect! 

• Like 1

Is the second life membership levels like this now? 

Free

Plus

Preimum 

Preimum Plus

I can understand that.  

If I get plus will that be like a sub preimum type account and I could get a 512 linden home for 65.99$USD* per year?

Why even bother with preimum it could be:

Free -

Plus +

Plus Plus ++

Plus Plus Plus +++

Super Duper Plus >+

Personally I prefer the poverty + plan

*represents Applicable Fees** 

**taxes, mesh dry cleaning, mental health services...

Edited by Paulsian
  • Sad 1

One thing that confuses me about the new "Plus" plan is: 

It appears you get 512m but do NOT get a Linden Home. 

When I first was reading posts and saw "512m", I assumed "cool, they can get the Linden Trailer Homes!"

The "Linden Home" benefit is only listed in the (stolen screen shot below from Qie's post) for "All Premium members".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Can @Reed Lindenanswer, I wonder:

It is VAT on tier? Can that be changed?

Will LL consider changing the benefits, so Plus can have a 512 m Linden Home? 

Will Plus have access to Premium sandboxes?

In order:

We have only changed the VAT policy for membership levels (Plus, Premium, Premium Plus).

We can reconsider it in the future! But we have no plans to do so at this time. We're moving into a direction where the various membership types are differentiated not just by price, but by function. Plus is intended primarily to democratize mainland ownership (and was released intentionally with a tier maintenance reduction). Premium, while currently being the 'jack-of-all-trades' subscription level as a result of it being the ONLY subscription level until very recently, remains the membership type for Linden Homes. My intent at the moment, is to move further toward enhancing those differentiators in the future.

No. Same basic answer as above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

One thing that confuses me about the new "Plus" plan is: 

It appears you get 512m but do NOT get a Linden Home.

The "Linden Home" benefit is only listed in the (stolen screen shot below) for "All Premium 

Ya they get just mainland because the homes are higher membership perks..

The plus plan was mainly so people had more options to get mainland..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to borrow the screen shot too. Getting a "free linden home" makes it sound like users are getting a free linden home to keep in their inventory to rez where they wish. would prolly stick a *next to that and provide clarity or change it to access to linden home or something other than free.

Annotation 2022-11-18 095126.png

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I'm going to borrow the screen shot too. Getting a "free linden home" makes it sound like users are getting a free linden home to keep in their inventory to rez where they wish. would prolly stick a *next to that and provide clarity or change it to access to linden home or something other than free.

Annotation 2022-11-18 095126.png

It say's free linden home of their choice.. They'll probably either have a good idea what that is, or find out soon enough when they go to get one..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulsian said:

Most respectfully, 

You can't even buy mainland without maintaining a Premium membership (now Plus too). Most people get that part.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.