6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe the fumes from the bottles of wine my friends and I regularly shared at lunch before his class, made it him a little woozy.

Peeve: I'd blame it on the mimeograph machine fumes. OTOH, who KNOWS what teachers were smoking in their lounge back in the day?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I'd blame it on the mimeograph machine fumes. OTOH, who KNOWS what teachers were smoking in their lounge back in the day?

Yah could have sworn some were as high as the students coming to class. Never thought they might have been sniffing the fumes for the effect.

• Like 1

When someone starts a thread saying all alts should be banned yet the account they posted on is just over a year old. Then they write "not new, been here since 2011" 

Eyerolls

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have it on good authority that it was just cigarette smoke mixed with mimeograph fumes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When people don't understand or respect the Forum Community Guidelines.

Hmmm what could it be... 

• Like 1

Or the Lab doesn't understand the ramifications of its guidelines to foresee that at least the General Discussion Forum can be closed or just called The Game Thread as by their guidelines, every topic by now has been closed at least once and by insisting that similarly themed topics cannot be discussed again, there is a long list of even SL related topics that are not allowed.....or maybe that is their intent.

Close all sensitive topics that might call into question how things are done. Certainly a peeve there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

... its like every single thread one goes to there is discussion that breaks something in those rules... 

I mean, peeve: Human discussion in a free world should allow diversions and colors of conversation to be interjected, without someone saying "nuh uh uh not allowed".  There is a line that is reasonable for shutting a conversation down  - a real business line - it triggers at the grey zone that approaches legal liability.  I agree with making rules and drawing the line at that of course, because it keeps this business "open".  There are real risks there not stopping that liability.  But e.g. mentioning Slink in a thread with a title about Blueberry seems to break the rules too.  But to me, its making a circus of the rules and vastly overkill to expect that every conversation that veers away from noun-verb-noun discussion should be shut down.

+ I mean, is this a community site? Where conversation between residents should be cultivated not squeezed so narrow no one talks about anything to each other.  Or is this "just a game" site? Where yah, shut down all discussion that "doesn't sell the game" to new users.  To me we can call it one, or the other, but not both.+

I did see a thread where a Linden was being catcalled again by someone - was that after the request we don't do that anymore?  I dunno maybe that post was dated before that request, I am flitting through a lot of discussions to catch up this morning.  Possible it was before we were asked not to.    

But to even that rule, it *feels* like the avenues available for communicating important stuff (e.g. Biobreeds stuff on MP should have been removed very long ago) to LL are growing fewer.  

Edited by Kyrie Deka
+ +
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

... its like every single thread one goes to there is discussion that breaks something in those rules... 

I mean, peeve: Human discussion in a free world should allow diversions and colors of conversation to be interjected, without someone saying "nuh uh uh not allowed".  

+ I mean, is this a community site? Where conversation between residents should be cultivated not squeezed so narrow no one talks about anything to each other.  Or is this "just a game" site? Where yah, shut down all discussion that "doesn't sell the game" to new users.  To me we can call it one, or the other, but not both.+

People couldn't play nice so they nipped it, rightly so. Every single thread turned into a bar brawl.  LL got tired of it.  This site is to discuss things related to Second Life, not your political or religious views. If you want community discussion about that there is the actual platform you can do that on. Forums are here to enhance the enjoyment of the platform/game it mirrors, not replace it.

Have to add a peeve: Privately owned forums are not the "free world". Where people get the idea that free speech applies everywhere is beyond my comprehension. 

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: need to rethink my wardrobe, either tagging folders with which bodies things are rigged for, or separating it into different wardrobes on a by-body basis, or .. Something else? But I also feel as if there's a rather high chance I may just never go back to my old body, and that I might as well throw all the stuff for it on the pyre and save myself the trouble. Still in the process of redelivering and re-unpacking stuff, so far there's been very little that isn't available for the 'new' body.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: need to rethink my wardrobe, either tagging folders with which bodies things are rigged for, or separating it into different wardrobes on a by-body basis, or .. Something else? But I also feel as if there's a rather high chance I may just never go back to my old body, and that I might as well throw all the stuff for it on the pyre and save myself the trouble. Still in the process of redelivering and re-unpacking stuff, so far there's been very little that isn't available for the 'new' body.

I'm assuming you're struggling with the change from Maitreya Lara to LaraX. I am too, with my 3 female avatars. 

I didn't mind before when my alts used Maitreya Lara and Persephone used Belleza Freya, but now I just want them all to be able to use LaraX. I don't like being forced to switch bodies when I just want to change clothes.

I don' want to delete clothes I like for Alycia though. She has all these cute gothy clothes. Oubliette and Blueberry aren't making clothes anymore, and there just aren't enough free gothy clothes in LaraX sizes. Finding the right sizes in my inventory isn't a problem, because I put "M *" in the folder title for Lara classic sizes and "LaraX" for the new sizes. I guess I just don't like going back to the old shape with the weird shoulders and armpits. I'm considering buying a shoulder deformer, so Alycia can wear her old clothes without having linebacker shoulders.

It doesn't matter so much for Tasha because she wears mostly jeans and tops that cover her shoulders and back when she's in human form. Persephone usually does too, so she can wear Legacy sizes on LaraX. Maybe I'll just have to let my alts go back to Lara classic until there is enough LaraX clothing? Or maybe I'll just stop getting new clothes for them. ☹️ I can't afford to buy a bunch of new clothing for 3 avatars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I guess I just don't like going back to the old shape with the weird shoulders and armpits. I'm considering buying a shoulder deformer, so Alycia can wear her old clothes without having linebacker shoulders.

I bought a shoulder deformer and going back to the old Lara is, if not perfect, at least acceptable.  I even figured out how to display all my tattoos yesterday!  So all my purchased clothes are not lost...

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's a shame we can't all just put @Rowan Amorein our pocket to help with these stuffs!

Ah, but I think she actually *buys* her new clothes. I consider myself a freebie queen, knowing where to get the good gifts and store credit, so I don't go through my meagerly $L 300/ week too quickly, but still have the fun of getting new clothes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ah, but I think she actually *buys* her new clothes. I consider myself a freebie queen, knowing where to get the good gifts and store credit, so I don't go through my meagerly $L 300/ week too quickly, but still have the fun of getting new clothes. 

iknowrite? I'm down to liek L$75k in the bank, after buying some stuff off someone's wish list yesterday! (It wasn't that much L$, it's the thot that counts. And most thots don't do maths too well.)

• Haha 1

I've taken the past twenty minutes pondering if I should walk a mile to get a slice of pizza and diet mountain dew, followed by another mile back home.  I think I will walk two miles to get a slice of pizza, damn the allure of pizza.  I am powerless against it's deliciousness.  Blisters be damned, the pizza will be worth it.

Peeve: Why does pizza have to be so delicious?

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm assuming you're struggling with the change from Maitreya Lara to LaraX. I am too, with my 3 female avatars. 

LaraX pretty much killed support for Lara it seems, I tried to switch, but much too much of my wardrobe for Lara doesn't work with LaraX, and switching between those two and being limited to which parts of the wardrobe works with which pieces felt really annoying. So I've gone Legacy, it shapes more like I want my avi than LaraX does, and the majority of my old wardrobe is compatible with it, and it's pretty much always rigged for in new releases. It's a shame really, I really like the features Lara has, and I really dislike some of the features with Legacy, but having access to clothes, old and new, outweighs the downsides I see in it.

So, right now I rather feel as if there'll be few if any times I'd wear Lara when I've set up Legacy in its stead, thus me thinking I might as well just clear it out of my wardrobe and move on rather than having a bunch of duplicates I'll never use all over. I've got backups if I'd change my mind, so I'm leaning towards going that route - easier to just do it as I rebuild the wardrobe rather than rebuilding it and a few weeks down the line going through it again just to clear it out again.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's a shame we can't all just put @Rowan Amorein our pocket to help with these stuffs!

Actually, if I were to switch BACK to Maitreya, I'd probably just use the original since I already have clothes exclusively for that one which I do love and probably will never get updated to Reborn.   I'm not a body switcher.  I use one body at a time.  Plus, I'm completely unorganized so folders for specific bodies is just not going to happen in my lifetime.  

Right now, if I can't purchase by body type, I just delete all those other sizes in the folder.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2