48 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pretty sure it's the Knights Templar who are responsible. Or the Illuminati.

OR ALIENS!

Anyway, I'm not going to speculate because I know zip, but the distinction between "removed" and "broken" is an important one, because the former suggests it was done in compliance with LL's viewer, and the latter that it's something that, maybe, can be "fixed." Hence, my interest in hearing what poor, put-upon @Whirly Fizzle might have to say on the subject.

Anyway, it's DUMB.

Everything goes back to the Templars. Everything. Watch "Curse of Oak Island" or read Eco. Templars (who might have been aliens? or who still are around? or...)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Hurricanes.  This one seems to be targeting North of us here. Still lots of impact on our Operations center.

So my sister just texted me.  They were vacationing this week in Gulfport FL and had a mandatory evacuation order.  They're in a hotel outside of Orlando now.  Hope they stay safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So my sister just texted me.  They were vacationing this week in Gulfport FL and had a mandatory evacuation order.  They're in a hotel outside of Orlando now.  Hope they stay safe.

I heard it's supposed to make land fall tomorrow morning.. From what it looked like, it was heading for just under the pan handle right in that part where the state curves.. The heart of the hurricane anyways..

ETA: I just went and grabbed  Ryan Hall's youtube.. he's live at the moment..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That makes sense, Gulfport is very close to water.

The most recent tracks show Idalia going West (I'd say "NW") of Tampa Bay.  So, except the proximity to water- which is really about "storm surges", Gulfport "would" have been safe.

Orlando, being closer to East coast, should be totally safe.

Good luck to your sister!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

/me blocks your pat with a forearm and gives you warning glare.

No touchy!

Maybe it's not a full peeve, but important anyway. 

LOL, I would like to see someone even just TRY to pat you on the head... I would have to get a shovel and a bottle of bleach to help you clean up and dispose of the body...

• Like 2

My pet peeve right now is that there's an experimental viewer out by LL which has the ability to show pics for inventory. I tried it . My peeve is that this hasn't been implemented in any viewer long ago. It would save untold hours of frustration.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

My pet peeve right now is that there's an experimental viewer out by LL which has the ability to show pics for inventory. I tried it . My peeve is that this hasn't been implemented in any viewer long ago. It would save untold hours of frustration.

That and the free preview pictures that one is allowed to take instead of it costing 10L per snapshot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That and the free preview pictures that one is allowed to take instead of it costing 10L per snapshot. 

Pics for inventory will be free, from what I remember . And creators will be able to add pics to their products a well.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It must have been quite the ordeal to get a hotel room on such short notice, a lot of areas are mandatory evacuation at the moment on the west coast, and being so many people have been moving to Florida, and we are still full of tourists and snow birds, it is sure to be a nightmare for many.  I hope her drive to Orlando was not as bad as I imagine it would be, and that the rest of her vacation is not ruined.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Pics for inventory will be free, from what I remember . And creators will be able to add pics to their products a well.

*Cough* Catznip *cough*

I've had pop up previews of an image included in a clothing folder for years, I even have pop up previews of an image included in a nested outfits sub folder, AND I can still create sub folders.

Y'all using the WRONG viewer.

Hahahahahaahahahahaa!

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Peeve - the vast number of misogynistic men in SL, and how normalised woman-hating is in our virtual world. (Don't get me started on real life.) The fact that some guy in SL can start a conversation with me, and think that I am going to be OK with him referring to women as "b*tches" is something that I just find staggering. That's on top of him calling me "sweetie" and "honey" right off the bat, which obviously paled in comparison but is still a misogynist's move. Not a one-off thing, either. Spend any amount of time in adult venues as a woman, you will see the misogyny, the contempt so many men hold for women. So often hidden under a veneer of politeness, only to rear its head when subjected to rejection.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve - the vast number of misogynistic men in SL, and how normalised woman-hating is in our virtual world. (Don't get me started on real life.) The fact that some guy in SL can start a conversation with me, and think that I am going to be OK with him referring to women as "b*tches" is something that I just find staggering. That's on top of him calling me "sweetie" and "honey" right off the bat, which obviously paled in comparison but is still a misogynist's move. Not a one-off thing, either. Spend any amount of time in adult venues as a woman, you will see the misogyny, the contempt so many men hold for women. So often hidden under a veneer of politeness, only to rear its head when subjected to rejection.

That can't be right, Stephanie!

The TOS and CS explicitly ban intolerance on the basis of gende . . .

Oh. Wait.

Extreme-Misogyny-Blank.png.4d593e1596e5ddf890f86da42089c002.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

14 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

M'kay ....

a broken function does not equal the code for said function having been removed until someone who works with said code states it has been removed.

On a similar track: Users trying to come up with reasons why a particular thing is the way it is (let us say the whole back and forth over TPVs earlier concerning development) means nothing whatsoever beyond your own personal speculations. Do not treat these as reality.

Of course not. Only your speculations and points of view are reality.
We all know that. 😁

• Like 1

My lights are flickering, and the wind outside is making weird noises.  It better not disconnect me from SL 🤣 To be honest though, it is kind of exciting, earlier It was too dark to really make out much of what is happening, I could see a few trees bending from the gusts but it is not so bad.  Storms have always fascinated me, they give me a thrill, not the damage and hardship they cause others, that makes me feel sad, but just the rush I suppose.  I feel so alive in them.

The worst storm I experienced was much more horrible than this, I could hear transformers exploding, and see the trees breaking, there were waves on the street, that danced with the wind, and it  sounded like a freight train outside, with random explosions,  yet I still went out and was pushed around by the wind, and got soaked while doing so.  I do think the worst part of that hurricane, was it was constant for a few hours, right now it is just gusts that pass through every now and then.

I'm going to step out now, and try to make out what is going on around me, I'm just nutty like that 😜

Edit:
It is actually daylight out now, lol.  I did not even notice how late (or early I suppose) it is.  Go figure, by the time I got my shoes on, and went outside, the wind calmed down.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Everything goes back to the Templars. Everything. Watch "Curse of Oak Island" or read Eco. Templars (who might have been aliens? or who still are around? or...)

No the Templars (Tempeleers) are the Carnival society from Maastricht NL.

1024x576a.jpg

Peeve: Even every single kid in Maastricht knows that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Playing with a new scripting toy (microStudio - its lovely) and realising I have to make my own equivs to LSL list functions. Yeah I feel I have been spoiled because its so easy in LSL.
Also playing with the 'free' AWS DynamoDB and its all JSON except - docs mention blobs* so that cheered me up.
Peeve - so many things in meatspace to be angry about so its easier to whinge about coding that nobody will get =^^=
Also - going to have to make my own anims as can't find exactly what I want so will have to relearn how to do it. So at my pace thats 2 weeks work each. Minimum.
*Binary Large Objects - made me laugh 30 years ago so yep

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

“Adult Venues” have never been a haven for Tolerance and Understanding 🙂 

The supposed “anonymity” of the internet emboldens horny people to act on their worst impulses at times. Especially someone who has limited RL social experience and is trying to impress his friends w how Alpha he is.

I personally do my socializing in areas that are female-friendly or female dominant, so Misogyny does not flourish there (unless the DJ forgets where she is and plays certain musical genres).

I curate my Second Life largely by where I choose to hang out :-)

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7bf8d3de73b285db520

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

My lights are flickering, and the wind outside is making weird noises.  It better not disconnect me from SL 🤣 To be honest though, it is kind of exciting, earlier It was too dark to really make out much of what is happening, I could see a few trees bending from the gusts but it is not so bad.  Storms have always fascinated me, they give me a thrill, not the damage and hardship they cause others, that makes me feel sad, but just the rush I suppose.  I feel so alive in them.

The worst storm I experienced was much more horrible than this, I could hear transformers exploding, and see the trees breaking, there were waves on the street, that danced with the wind, and it  sounded like a freight train outside, with random explosions,  yet I still went out and was pushed around by the wind, and got soaked while doing so.  I do think the worst part of that hurricane, was it was constant for a few hours, right now it is just gusts that pass through every now and then.

I'm going to step out now, and try to make out what is going on around me, I'm just nutty like that 😜

Edit:
It is actually daylight out now, lol.  I did not even notice how late (or early I suppose) it is.  Go figure, by the time I got my shoes on, and went outside, the wind calmed down.  

Doing fine here, it landed farther North / West as expected.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Look at me! Isn't my hat grand?"

Carnival is all about "look at me".
That hat symbols that he is the prince (the ruler) of the carnival season in Maastricht.
Most important functions of the prince during the season: 1. Be seen at all major festivities in town  2. Buy enough free beers for his fellow Tempeleers 3. Be available and pay a lot of bills.
That's why every year a new prince is chosen.

Carnaval-Maastricht-menigte-voor-Sint-Se

Look at me.
Carnival is something for extroverts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1