2 minutes ago, Kavarek said:

Pet peeve:

Vienna sausages for that emergency moment and craving are all be shorted, Libby's, Armour (gross), even the better leaner tasting Great Value brand.

Notice how many cans have the missing sausage in the middle now? Used to be a once in a great while thing... now it's once in a great while you get a full can!

Are they chikem or boef?

4 minutes ago, Kavarek said:

Pet peeve:

Vienna sausages for that emergency moment and craving are all be shorted, Libby's, Armour (gross), even the better leaner tasting Great Value brand.

Notice how many cans have the missing sausage in the middle now? Used to be a once in a great while thing... now it's once in a great while you get a full can!

I've never seen that. 😲

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

...at least one was Mariachi, said so on the cover. "Stereotypical" on purpose, I'd sure hope you would recognize those!

I think she meant stereotypical mariachi. It's a biiiiig genre. Tons of modern/contemporary artists. I don't know who they are, though, as I'm more familiar with reggaeton and Dominican dembow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is origin of "Dembowns, Dembowns.."?

According to Rolling Stone mag:

"El Alfa hails from the Dominican Republic and specializes in the genre known as dembow. This homegrown style is characterized by tracks that hurtle along, sticking close to the ground and emitting short, sharp samples like a submarine sending out sonar."

Okay serious peeve time: That description is ridiculous!!!! Seriously, I can't stand the way some music is described in music mags these days. 😩

Edit:

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added example
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kavarek said:

all get shorted , i only like the chicken time to time. and a specific brand. 

I hope its chicken, says it on the can, but maybe its gizzard meat. 

I can't even get my dogs to eat them, but until I went back vegetarian, I ate them (the vye-enna sausages, not my dogs).

• Haha 1

I have a 19 year old dachshund.  Ancient.  She is stubborn.  She toddles around the house perfectly content in her slow decline.  But, she is stubborn. I took her to work with me for her 6 month senior lab work.  She refused to urinate.  She is just that stubborn.  After 8 hours she still refused to go... so flip her on her back for a cysto.  Dang stubborn old lady!  

Well, this time being peeved at her stubbornness worked out.  I found a very small mammary mass that I never would have seen if she hadn't been so stubborn.  I removed it yesterday.  Yup, malignant. 

Sometimes a peeve is a blessing.  She's still a stubborn and crotchety old lady.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have a 19 year old dachshund.  Ancient.  She is stubborn.  She toddles around the house perfectly content in her slow decline.  But, she is stubborn. I took her to work with me for her 6 month senior lab work.  She refused to urinate.  She is just that stubborn.  After 8 hours she still refused to go... so flip her on her back for a cysto.  Dang stubborn old lady!  

Well, this time being peeved at her stubbornness worked out.  I found a very small mammary mass that I never would have seen if she hadn't been so stubborn.  I removed it yesterday.  Yup, malignant. 

Sometimes a peeve is a blessing.  She's still a stubborn and crotchety old lady.

The first time I read this I missed the bolded part which made the post a bit disturbing. After I re-read it then it made much more sense!

21.45-ish. You're feeling sleepy. You decide to go to bed early.

23.30-ish. You give up on trying to get to sleep and get back up, get dressed, turn on the computer and sit down to do something fun and/or productive.

23.35. You're too tired to figure out what to do.

01.35. You still haven't come up with anything to do yet, but you're also not feeling at all sleepy. Totally knackered in mind and body, but not sleepy.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

21.45-ish. You're feeling sleepy. You decide to go to bed early.

23.30-ish. You give up on trying to get to sleep and get back up, get dressed, turn on the computer and sit down to do something fun and/or productive.

23.35. You're too tired to figure out what to do.

01.35. You still haven't come up with anything to do yet, but you're also not feeling at all sleepy. Totally knackered in mind and body, but not sleepy.

I have had evenings where my eyes are closing on the sofa...it feels like a real effort to get ready for bed, when I would rather just fall into it...and then, once I'm in bed, I'm suddenly wide awake and on my phone for hours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3