4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"Complexity Paranoia".

"Omagerd my hair products have complexity scores over 5k, I must immediately make super kewl lean 'n' mean hairs with complexity scores of under 500, behold the alpha blended razor blade strips! I'm a GENIUS ARTISE!"

I remember when I first started to try and make clothes. I was like, I'm gonna make a flexi fur jacket.

I got one sleeve done and said to myself.  Oh so this is why I never seen these before.. It looked so terrible and I ran out of prims on my land..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/10/2024 at 6:22 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I DO have an open world space exploration game I got two Xmases ago that I've never really played. Not No Man's Sky or Starfield; it's sort of quirky and funny, with tiny little planets. Outer Wilds I think? I could try that, I suppose.

I've found the perfect game for you!

I stumbled on it in the Steam weekend sale. "The Saboteur".

From 2009, it's a sandbox style game set in 1940's Paris, you have to Sabotage the occupation forces.

The setup options include "nudity on", and that's because you start the game in a Caberet/Cathouse in Parriis, with topless burlesque hookers around.

The whole exterior world is basically rendered in black and white, like some Film Noir, but as you remove occupation installations from each district, the people gain hope and the colour slowly comes back. It's a cool game progress mechanic.

The enemies are a bit over-the-top, the main villain has a henchwoman in a military styled leather catsuit for example.

Overall it's like being in an Art-House Bogart movie directed by Frank Miller, but with bare boobs and bad language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

From 2009, it's a sandbox style game set in 1940's Paris, you have to Sabotage the occupation forces.

The setup options include "nudity on", and that's because you start the game in a Caberet/Cathouse in Parriis, with topless burlesque hookers around.

The whole exterior world is basically rendered in black and white, like some Film Noir, but as you remove occupation installations from each district, the people gain hope and the colour slowly comes back. It's a cool game progress mechanic.

The enemies are a bit over-the-top, the main villain has a henchwoman in a military styled leather catsuit for example.

Overall it's like being in an Art-House Bogart movie directed by Frank Miller, but with bare boobs and bad language.

That looks really interesting.. I might toy around with that one myself.. I've been looking for something else to do with my me time...

Posted (edited)

Another cute hair I'd love to wear but just no...

Without hair and fully dressed...

fc6863616bee58d3d4cfb68cf1786bf8.png.f30229871decdd442931b170de8dcf3f.png

With hair demo...

9384bb452ce15d83812206c0580c8738.png.fe22d7238991a78dc22b0567355b021a.png

Oh and just for comparison, a very similar hair demo...

9bb86e0f57ba7a864825018fe84ffcf2.png.91e86e31b7b72f52c70facb9499a7fb7.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

Garden Peeve — great hyacinths are very pretty, but spread like wildfire and do not want to be pulled out! Literally need both hands and my weight to get some of them out of the ground, and even then I only occasionally get the bulbs out as well. The worst part is that they'll group up in and around other plants so it's even harder work to avoid damaging other things in the process. (And this is on top of keeping an eye out for tree seedlings and other invaders...)

I am very glad that I don't have to deal with weeds and such in Second Life!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Garden Peeve — great hyacinths are very pretty, but spread like wildfire and do not want to be pulled out! Literally need both hands and my weight to get some of them out of the ground, and even then I only occasionally get the bulbs out as well. The worst part is that they'll group up in and around other plants so it's even harder work to avoid damaging other things in the process. (And this is on top of keeping an eye out for tree seedlings and other invaders...)

I am very glad that I don't have to deal with weeds and such in Second Life!

One of those stand up weed pullers works really good for weeds like that.

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

One of those stand up weed pullers works really good for weeds like that.

Does it makes the job go easier if you imagine them screaming as you pull them out of the ground?

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Another cute hair I'd love to wear but just no...

Without hair and fully dressed...

fc6863616bee58d3d4cfb68cf1786bf8.png.f30229871decdd442931b170de8dcf3f.png

With hair demo...

9384bb452ce15d83812206c0580c8738.png.fe22d7238991a78dc22b0567355b021a.png

Oh and just for comparison, a very similar hair demo...

9bb86e0f57ba7a864825018fe84ffcf2.png.91e86e31b7b72f52c70facb9499a7fb7.png

Out of curiosity, how far could you cam out and still see the hair of each? Is there a difference? On various uploads I've noticed that reducing the LOD when uploading would reduce the complexity but also reduce the distance from which I could see the hair on me. 

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does it makes the job go easier if you imagine them screaming as you pull them out of the ground?

I'm usually thinking about other things when I'm doing yard work, to be honest.. hehehe

That plus have my music going. I can't go anywhere now without my Shocks Pro-Runs on.. They really need to start paying me for throwing their name around.. hehehe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Also worth mentioning the worst offender of the "It's a witch-hunt" spam are people who have been trying to convince everyone to leave SL for the openIPtheft Hyperfail griid for years ( "50 % of the female avatar will be banned from SL, FLEE!" ).

083-the-pied-piper-of-hamelin-q90-1136x1388-2198548872.thumb.jpg.785c77efc81fa2af57435665576f96f2.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Out of curiosity, how far could you cam out and still see the hair of each? Is there a difference? On various uploads I've noticed that reducing the LOD when uploading would reduce the complexity but also reduce the distance from which I could see the hair on me. 

From the same distance, I saw both hairs perfectly fine.  One huge difference is the higher triangle hair, which is what I look at and not complexity, has 10 style options.  The other has 4 options.  I'd prefer if they'd offer the option of maybe the full 10 OR another version that only has 2-4 styles.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

From the same distance, I saw both hairs perfectly fine.  One huge difference is the higher triangle hair, which is what I look at and not complexity, has 10 style options.  The other has 4 options.  I'd prefer if they'd offer the option of maybe the full 10 OR another version that only has 2-4 styles.  

True, pulled styles apart on a mod hair and noticed quite a difference when it was only one style at a time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That actually DOES sound pretty cool! TY!

Do I get to punch Nazis????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve:  So many topics about 'what's a child in SL'.  I haven't got the time or energy to read them all so I don't know which are worth reading.

The one that is supposed to just show pictures that let others guess ages is short, informative, and not filled with toxic spew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Oh yes! And throw them off high places, and blow them up, it's sandbox, you can run them over in a car if you want.

Sounds a little messy. I'm not very good at that sort of thing (and I can't punch), but if it's in the service of a worthy cause . . .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve:  So many topics about 'what's a child in SL'.  I haven't got the time or energy to read them all so I don't know which are worth reading.

After page 4 is reached: none.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: People who boast of their ignorance as if it were some kind of moral virtue.

I have to agree, that's a worthy peeve. At the same time, though, I sympathize with ignoramuses in this awkward debate about avatar ages.  I'm one too. I've never paid any attention to anime and know zilch about the back stories of the characters. If I see one in SL, then, I can't evaluate its age from an anime perspective. I see a gentle-looking face with large, wide eyes and my first reaction is "young". Because I know I'm ignorant, I won't turn around and submit an AR. Still, if there was money on it in a bar bet, I'd have a hard time saying "Yup, that's an adult."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: People who boast of their ignorance as if it were some kind of moral virtue.

OTOH: People who boast they "have a degree" - as if that means they must be right / we owe them respect - are a "thing" and SUPER annoying. It's been awhile since I came across that but in my mind, they are functionally equivalent to those who boast of ignorance (and maybe worse).

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OTOH: People who boast they "have a degree" - as if that means they must be right / we owe them respect - are a "thing" and SUPER annoying. It's been awhile since I came across that but in my mind, they are functionally equivalent to those who boast of ignorance (and maybe worse).

Hey!  Wait a sec ...  I have a degree.  I haven't used it for a while, but it's still rattling around here somewhere. And darn it, I am an expert in something. You just have to believe me on that. :) 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hey!  Wait a sec ...  I have a degree.  I haven't used it for a while, but it's still rattling around here somewhere. And darn it, I am an expert in something. You just have to believe me on that. :) 

Peeve (technical, required for on topic): I may not have been clear, but you don't go around somewhat randomly saying "but I have a degree!" as some argument if you feel that you've been disrespected, or someone disagreed with an uninformed opinion of yours. 🙂

• Like 2